canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Los Angeles Kings
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:53 pm

Mass. Governor press conference is saying the JFK library incident was an explosion; no word if it was related.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:55 pm

QBall QBall:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Wolf Blitzer from CNN started with the BS and said that this might be the Tea Party or some other anti-tax group. :roll:

What?!? Unless he has the source of the century there are easier, and more dignified, ways to get fired.

CNN won't fire him for slandering anyone on the right. I'm sure such things are in his contract.

In any case, it's tax day down here and that might be where he got this idea from. It also seems to be pretty common anymore for the media to blame the right for things like this. The Gabby Giffords shooting got blamed on Sarah Palin. Christopher Dorner was initially blamed on the Tea Party. The NRA got blamed for Newtown. And now this is being blamed on the Tea Party.

The national news goes live on the east coast in six minutes and I just hope they don't lead off with blaming the Tea Party either directly or indirectly.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:56 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Typical kind of attack like you'd see in the sandbox. One explosion followed on by another. They use the first one to injure people and then use the second to kill and injure the first responders.

Lisa was trying to qualify for Boston and now I have to say I'm thankful that she didn't.
Bart, we are all grateful she is OK. Sometimes things work out well for our loved ones in very mysterious ways. Prayers for the wounded and dead.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:58 pm

Explosion at the JFK Library. Don't know if it was a terrorist explosion or police controlled explosion.

http://news.yahoo.com/explosion-jfk-pre ... --spt.html

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:59 pm

fifeboy fifeboy:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Typical kind of attack like you'd see in the sandbox. One explosion followed on by another. They use the first one to injure people and then use the second to kill and injure the first responders.

Lisa was trying to qualify for Boston and now I have to say I'm thankful that she didn't.
Bart, we are all grateful she is OK. Sometimes things work out well for our loved ones in very mysterious ways. Prayers for the wounded and dead.

Thank you. She's been on email with me noting that she was 52 seconds off qualifying and was so disappointed and now she thinks that it was a blessing that she was off the mark that day.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:02 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
fifeboy fifeboy:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Thank you. She's been on email with me noting that she was 52 seconds off qualifying and was so disappointed and now she thinks that it was a blessing that she was off the mark that day.

Led me say good for her, although it does not seem like the time to celebrate success.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:02 pm

New York Post reporting police have Saudi national in custody. Don't know how reliable New York Post is

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/a ... PDGIjYBalO

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:05 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
The national news goes live on the east coast in six minutes and I just hope they don't lead off with blaming the Tea Party either directly or indirectly.

I doubt it. I can understand assuming the Tuscon shooter was, even though they were completely wrong, but it'd be completely illogical for a "Tea Party" type group to target a Marathon and not tax office or government building

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:08 pm

Apparently they've shut down cell phone service in Boston to prevent further detonations by cell signal

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/official ... own-boston

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:15 pm

fifeboy fifeboy:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Led me say good for her, although it does not seem like the time to celebrate success.

I too celebrate Lisa's failure to qualify for the marathon. 'Happy coincidences' and all.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:19 pm

QBall QBall:
Apparently they've shut down cell phone service in Boston to prevent further detonations by cell signal

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/official ... own-boston

Yep. DHS took up the authority to shut down cell service a year or so ago. This is a double edged sword because while it prevents using cell phones as detonators it also impairs communications during a crisis because a lot of first responders anymore use cell phones as an adjunct to their comms during a crisis like this.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:20 pm

New video released taken from the finish line with sound.

http://www.boston.com/video/viral_page/ ... 3076923001

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:20 pm

Fife & Dr. C - Thank you both for your kind sentiments. Much appreciated.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:37 pm

Another media shill takes a potshot at the right over this attack:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/ny-times ... s-it-back/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:38 pm

QBall QBall:
Explosion at the JFK Library. Don't know if it was a terrorist explosion or police controlled explosion.

http://news.yahoo.com/explosion-jfk-pre ... --spt.html

Police now saying JFK library event was not an explosion but a fire in the mechnical room, seems to not be related.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 ... 31  Next