Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:48 am

Brenda Brenda:
Seriously? You too are telling me I cannot be a completely LEGAL resident, but have to become a citizen or fuck off?

If you're not interested in citizenship in the first place then why do you care what the requirements for it are? [huh]

Brenda Brenda:
I should be GRATEFUL for being able to follow the rules the country set? REALLY???

If not then why are you still there?

Brenda Brenda:
You are right, I am not interested in becoming Canadian for reasons that are only interesting to me.
Now tell me something, Bart... First off, you don't even bother to LIVE in Canada, yet only to have a vacation spot here, right?
Who the fuck are you to tell me anything??

I invested in Canada and I pay taxes there and I contribute to the country while asking nothing in return aside from the privilege of being able to visit a wonderful country with amazing people who consistently underestimate themselves.

Brenda Brenda:
A selfish parasite??? What makes you think I am a parasite?

Do you contribute more to Canada than you get from it?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:55 am

Brenda Brenda:
So, Bart... Why don't you just create your own little kingdom, hmm?
And, do me a favour. Stay the fuck out of Canada. We residents of this awesome country do not need Americans who are not even remotely contributing as much to this country as any resident does, to tell them what to do.

I probably pay more in Canadian taxes than you do given that I own two rental properties in downtown Victoria, pay non-resident property taxes on them, and then I also pay income tax on the net proceeds of the rental revenues. And then every last penny I net stays in Canada and I've yet to take even $0.01 as personal income.

It's unreasonable to expect you to match that because you live in the country. But at the very least you can respect the traditions of the country since you're living there.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:57 am

Brenda Brenda:
According to Bart, I should be grateful for the rest of my life because I paid for something, which was investigated and granted to me. My visa.

So Canada is nothing more than a business transaction for you ?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:58 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Brenda Brenda:
Seriously? You too are telling me I cannot be a completely LEGAL resident, but have to become a citizen or fuck off?

If you're not interested in citizenship in the first place then why do you care what the requirements for it are? [huh]
You can't be that ignorant. How can you be interested in something (or not) if you have no idea what it entails in the first place?
$1:
Brenda Brenda:
I should be GRATEFUL for being able to follow the rules the country set? REALLY???

If not then why are you still there?
I live here. You?
$1:
Brenda Brenda:
You are right, I am not interested in becoming Canadian for reasons that are only interesting to me.
Now tell me something, Bart... First off, you don't even bother to LIVE in Canada, yet only to have a vacation spot here, right?
Who the fuck are you to tell me anything??

I invested in Canada and I pay taxes there and I contribute to the country while asking nothing in return aside from the privilege of being able to visit a wonderful country with amazing people who consistently underestimate themselves.
The property taxes on your vacation house, that you rent out to make money on it?
$1:
Brenda Brenda:
A selfish parasite??? What makes you think I am a parasite?

Do you contribute more to Canada than you get from it?

Yep.
I invested in Canada, I pay taxes (property and income), and have 2 children who will very soon be contributing as well. You?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:59 am

martin14 martin14:
Brenda Brenda:
According to Bart, I should be grateful for the rest of my life because I paid for something, which was investigated and granted to me. My visa.

That's what I'm getting from her posts. Glad I'm not the only one to see it this way.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:59 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Brenda Brenda:
So, Bart... Why don't you just create your own little kingdom, hmm?
And, do me a favour. Stay the fuck out of Canada. We residents of this awesome country do not need Americans who are not even remotely contributing as much to this country as any resident does, to tell them what to do.

I probably pay more in Canadian taxes than you do given that I own two rental properties in downtown Victoria, pay non-resident property taxes on them, and then I also pay income tax on the net proceeds of the rental revenues. And then every last penny I net stays in Canada and I've yet to take even $0.01 as personal income.

It's unreasonable to expect you to match that because you live in the country. But at the very least you can respect the traditions of the country since you're living there.

So Canada is nothing more than a business transaction for you, correct?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:01 am

martin14 martin14:
Brenda Brenda:

And that coming from you? :lol:

Where are you now again?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:08 am

In case you didn't know, btw, a visa is a business transaction, yeah. Just ask the visa office how much they care about your emotions :)

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:09 am

Unsound Unsound:
I wonder if the oath would be easier for some people to swallow if it was more clearly explained. First off, you're not swearing to the Queen of England. You're swearing to the Queen of Canada. Same person, but not. As well, I think it might be easier if you think of it not as swearing to Elizabeth, but rather swearing to Canada. As the queen she is Canada.

I know that on a personall level i would have no problem swearing an oath to my country, or to my country personified in a regal old lady, but I would have a problem giving an oath to said lady just as a person. If that makes sense?

Well said. People sometimes forget that in any country, the Head of State is usually represented by a person; be they President, Monarch or Dictator. Swearing allegiance to Canada is simply a commitment to uphold our laws of and values. It only makes sense that people who want to be citizens are asked to make that small commitment.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:09 am

Brenda Brenda:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Brenda Brenda:
So, Bart...

I'm perfectly happy to state that Bart is much more respectful of discussions that are internal Canadian affairs than you are.

If it's business, then keep it business.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:11 am

martin14 martin14:
Brenda Brenda:
So, Bart...

I'm perfectly happy to state that Bart is much more respectful of discussions that are internal Canadian affairs than you are.

If it's business, then keep it business.

Of course. He doesn't live here, why the hell should he care? He just cares about generating money from his houses.

Hey, here's an idea! Make it mandatory to be a citizen before you can buy a house! That would also end all the Chinese buying up every condo in Vancouver.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:13 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Unsound Unsound:
I wonder if the oath would be easier for some people to swallow if it was more clearly explained. First off, you're not swearing to the Queen of England. You're swearing to the Queen of Canada. Same person, but not. As well, I think it might be easier if you think of it not as swearing to Elizabeth, but rather swearing to Canada. As the queen she is Canada.

I know that on a personall level i would have no problem swearing an oath to my country, or to my country personified in a regal old lady, but I would have a problem giving an oath to said lady just as a person. If that makes sense?

Well said. People sometimes forget that in any country, the Head of State is usually represented by a person; be they President, Monarch or Dictator. Swearing allegiance to Canada is simply a commitment to uphold our laws of and values. It only makes sense that people who want to be citizens are asked to make that small commitment.

Unsound R=UP
Caleb R=UP R=UP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:13 am

Brenda Brenda:
I should be grateful for the rest of my life because I paid for something, which was investigated and granted to me. My visa. In return, I should shut up about things that I consider strange, stupid, weird, don't agree with. NO ONE else has to, only non-citizens should. And if I don't want to become a citizen, for whatever reason, I should just fuck off and leave, regardless of the laws, rules and regs, which make it completely legal to stay a PR forever, buy a house (with a 35% down payment), have a job, pay taxes. The ONLY difference citizenship would make for the country, is my right to vote in (I think) federal elections. I don't know, what is the percentage again of citizens who go voting?

It's finally starting to soak through that wooden cranium. :P

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:16 am

jj2424 jj2424:
Brenda Brenda:
I should be grateful for the rest of my life because I paid for something, which was investigated and granted to me. My visa. In return, I should shut up about things that I consider strange, stupid, weird, don't agree with. NO ONE else has to, only non-citizens should. And if I don't want to become a citizen, for whatever reason, I should just fuck off and leave, regardless of the laws, rules and regs, which make it completely legal to stay a PR forever, buy a house (with a 35% down payment), have a job, pay taxes. The ONLY difference citizenship would make for the country, is my right to vote in (I think) federal elections. I don't know, what is the percentage again of citizens who go voting?

It's finally starting to soak through that wooden cranium. :P

You should write to your MP and ask for a change in the law, which makes it illegal to stay PR after a few years :P
Until then, shut the fuck up :P

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:20 am

Brenda Brenda:
martin14 martin14:
Brenda Brenda:

And that coming from you? :lol:

Where are you now again?

Brenda, consider this:

I don't go on Slovak/Italian/Spanish/Belgian forums and criticize domestic policy.

I don't complain about their internal affairs and tell them how to run their country.

I don't whine about their immigration and naturalization policies.

I don't whine about the police, taxes or anything else for that matter.

I have no plans to remain outside Canada permanently. If I did, I would seek citizenship in whatever country.

I don't own anything outside Canada more serious than a car/bike. Never have, never will.

I'll bet Shep was pretty much in the same boat.

Now, I don't expect reason to overcome your sense of hysteria and your ability
to take things way too personally.

So, carry on with your ranting, not seeing many people rushing to your defense though.

Sometimes, it would be more prudent for you to just STFU.
You seem very defensive about this, is there a specific reason ?

You haven't answered my question, btw..............

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next