PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:42 pm

Title: Al Qaeda group in India on first mission attacks wrong ship
Category: World
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2014-09-14 00:27:15

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:42 pm

Wow, the lame is high here. 1) They mistake a frigate for an Air Craft carrier? I'm pretty sure my 5 year old can tell the difference!
2) There is 10 of them, they are supposedly well armed, and the best they can do it hurt two Pakitstain Navy guards. This is why Al Qaeda goes with sneak attacks not frontal assaults.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:57 pm

They mistake a frigate for an Air Craft carrier?

... must belong to the NDP.

I remember way back when, when whackos like Svend Robinson were referring to our little patrol frigates as "Battleships". They were the same idiots who went on-and-on about the "Attack helicopters" that Canada was buying (replacements for Sea Kings. That one resonated so well with the idiot public that the "Attack Helicopters" were cancelled, lest we go around the world attacking everybody. What we got were fuzzy-wuzzy search and rescue helicopters, instead ... same fucking helicopters but gutted out, a bit.

[So where is Svend now? Changed us name to Svetlana and got the big snip?]

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:14 pm

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
They mistake a frigate for an Air Craft carrier?

... must belong to the NDP.

I remember way back when, when whackos like Svend Robinson were referring to our little patrol frigates as "Battleships". They were the same idiots who went on-and-on about the "Attack helicopters" that Canada was buying (replacements for Sea Kings. That one resonated so well with the idiot public that the "Attack Helicopters" were cancelled, lest we go around the world attacking everybody. What we got were fuzzy-wuzzy search and rescue helicopters, instead ... same fucking helicopters but gutted out, a bit.

[So where is Svend now? Changed us name to Svetlana and got the big snip?]

Battleships? They don't even qualify as cruisers! 8)

Idgits like that are the reason why we can't have nice things.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:20 pm

It was in widespread use among the NDPers in the 1980's when those frigates were under construction.

"Why are we building battleships? The Cold war is over. Where is the peace dividend?"

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:31 pm

Al Qaeda is having a hard time trying to remain relevant because ISIS is the new kid on the block who could win American idol.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:32 pm

ISIS got all of the smart guys, apparently.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:46 pm

Benn Benn:
Wow, the lame is high here. 1) They mistake a frigate for an Air Craft carrier? I'm pretty sure my 5 year old can tell the difference!
2) There is 10 of them, they are supposedly well armed, and the best they can do it hurt two Pakitstain Navy guards. This is why Al Qaeda goes with sneak attacks not frontal assaults.

:lol: :lol:

It's the new AQ, better than the old AQ !

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:50 pm

Would the Americans even risk parking a Nimitz in an Pakistani port?

I would hope not.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:11 pm

Planning: 10 armed men to take on a crew of 5000 US sailors on an aircraft carrier. Fail.

Execution of plan: Mistake Pakistani frigate for a US carrier and still get clocks cleaned. Fail.

Looks like we have 3 more entrants for the Darwin Awards.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:07 am

http://m.military.com/daily-news/2014/0 ... 741&rank=2

Plan wasn't quite as dumb as initially reported. Apparently they intended to steal the frigate then go after the Americans with it.

PNS Zulfiqar is Chinese built general purpose frigate.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:28 am

saturn_656 saturn_656:
http://m.military.com/daily-news/2014/09/19/militants-planned-target-us-ships-with-hijacked-pakistan-frigate.html?comp=700001075741&rank=2

Plan wasn't quite as dumb as initially reported. Apparently they intended to steal the frigate then go after the Americans with it.

Ten guys are not going to be able to crew a frigate. It was a stupid idea.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:30 am

saturn_656 saturn_656:
http://m.military.com/daily-news/2014/09/19/militants-planned-target-us-ships-with-hijacked-pakistan-frigate.html?comp=700001075741&rank=2

I realise that technology has made vast leaps since I was a young Hairy Bag but, 10 untrained guys stealing, then running a frigate while engaging it in combat is a streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetch that even I at my advanced age couldn't believe. 8O

Besides, if they were gonna bring on a whole Al Qaeda crew after they stole the thing could they please explain how they trained these "camel jockey's" from sand filled, land locked countries on the intricacies of operating a warship? :roll:

Bridge and Weapons trainers in the middle of the Sahara?

This story sounds more like the Al Qaeda PR Dept. trying to spin their giant fuck up into something more palatable for all the other terror organizations who, have spent the last week ROTFL at them.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:33 am

The article also mentions it was an inside job. They had help from within the Pakistani Navy.

That should scare anyone. These jokers have nukes.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:52 am

saturn_656 saturn_656:
The article also mentions it was an inside job. They had help from within the Pakistani Navy.

That should scare anyone. These jokers have nukes.

I'm pretty sure that if they had help from members of the Pakistani Navy and they still couldn't tell the difference between a Frigate and an Air Craft Carrier their helpers probably wouldn't have been the guys with the keys to the launch codes. ROTFL