Title: $1.1B meant for veterans returned to federal treasury, critics say
Category: Political
Posted By: Hyack
Date: 2014-11-19 21:53:29
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:41 am

Well, if they've overspent by $1.1 billion, it makes sense why they'd pull back on benefits for Veterans and those injured in Afghanistan!

Oh, wait . . .What? :(

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:19 am

Too bad there isn't more to the story as to why the funds are returned and not used. I get that it's insinuated they've been told to cut back but this doesn't paint the whole picture.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:57 pm

I can tell you exactly how they got the funds to return.

Dear Ex Serviceman,

After reviewing your claim for injuries sustained while in the Service of your Country we are happy to report that those claims have been:

Denied

Sincerely,

Stephan Harpers, third cousin's friend, once removed.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:05 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:

Dear Ex Serviceman,

After reviewing your claim for injuries sustained while in the Service of your Country we are happy to report that those same claims have been:

Denied

Doubtful, but thanks for the entertainment.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:22 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:

Dear Ex Serviceman,

After reviewing your claim for injuries sustained while in the Service of your Country we are happy to report that those claims have been:

Denied

Sincerely,

An old crusty Liberal who has worked here 20 years and is taking advantage of "BLAME HARPER" to help get the new shinny pony elected

Fixed

:lol: :P

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:26 pm

Wow, the Reformacons don't even control he bureaucracy? what's the point of electing them if those crusty Liberals run the show anyway - might as well have a govt that's congruous with the bureaucrats then. If the Cons aren't even getting their policies followed, what do they do all day? Too busy bribing senators, making robocalls and such?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:29 pm

andyt andyt:
Wow, the Reformacons don't even control he bureaucracy? what's the point of electing them if those crusty Liberals run the show anyway - might as well have a govt that's congruous with the bureaucrats then. If the Cons aren't even getting their policies followed, what do they do all day? Too busy bribing senators, making robocalls and such?

Wow, maybe we can throw in some more anti-conservative rhetoric? Why leave out some equality talk? Surely there's a way for you to hijack this for your agenda.

It's a shame that as a grown man, you often add little to any conversation besides your geriatric dribble.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:30 pm

But of course . Don't cha know Harper fired every single person in the civil service in 2006 and replaced them all with his hand picked crew.

Isn't that what happens when we change government :o :P

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:31 pm

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
andyt andyt:

Wow, maybe we can throw in some more anti-conservative rhetoric? Why leave out some equality talk? Surely there's a way for you to hijack this for your agenda.

It's a shame that as a grown man, you often add little to any conversation besides your geriatric dribble.

So you agree with JJ that crusty liberals actually run govt policy and the Cons are just ineffective humps, who despite their best intentions to treat the vets generously are stymied at every turn by those crusty LIberals? Really? Why bother electing them in the first place then?

Last edited by andyt on Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:32 pm

VA's actuaries are banking on a certain percentage of Veteran's passing on at a certain rate so that they can balance their budget just in time to call an election.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:35 pm

andyt andyt:
So you agree with JJ that crusty liberals actually run govt policy and the Cons are just ineffective humps, who despite their best intentions to treat the vets generously are stymied at every turn by those crusty LIberals? Really?

Did I say that? Never even mentioned anything JJ said

I took aim at your typical bullshit. "reformation".....dribble, dribble, dribble.

No need to make shit up.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:38 pm

I responded to JJ. You want to have a hissy fit about what I wrote, feel free, but wouldn't it make more sense to take into account what I was replying to? Or are you saying that blaming "Liberal"bureaucrats for this is perfectly fine, but pointing out that this means the Cons are totally ineffective, OMG the outrage?

Last edited by andyt on Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:47 pm

andyt andyt:
I responded to JJ.

Why? :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:49 pm

Caught me in a weak moment.