Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:51 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
"...acted with malice "

Everything Levant does is with malice. He eats breakfast with malice. He takes a dump with malice. Every word he's ever uttered has been with mailice. Malice is his bread and butter and it's been his meal ticket for his entire career.

"when he learned that he got his facts wrong, he made no corrections.”

Again, par for the course for Levant and his followers. Lie, slander, distort, repeat. Even when they know they're wrong.

He's certainly turned out this way, pretty much. I miss the old Ezra. I admired him when he was taking on the human rights commissions over free speech.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:05 pm

Unfortunately he seems to regard free speech as just an excuse to launch innumerable personal attacks against anyone he doesn't like, as witnessed by the recent debacle where the SUN had to apologize to Justin Trudeau over what Levant had been saying about him and his family. The judge cussing him out and saying as a lawyer he should have known better was important because Levant appears to simply believe that things like libel and defamation rules don't apply to him. He did it with Ron Ghitter (where he and he dumb-ass backroom Reform Party buddies had to cough up about $100K in settlement damages), he did it again with JT, and now he's done it again with this Muslim lawyer. All in all it appears Levant really isn't all that bright if he keeps doing the same stupid thing over and over and over again.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:37 pm

You don't think jail time would affect his family?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:43 pm

Abbas786 Abbas786:
He deserves it. You can't just spew hate and not be held responsible for it. It shouldn't be a fine since that will affect his family as well, it should be some jail time. I don't want his wife and kids to suffer because he is stupid.

Maybe that can motivate him to shut his mouth, next time... but I wouldn't put any money on that bet.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:55 pm

Lemmy Lemmy:
Uhh, by being a well-known media personality with a strong following and wrongly and maliciously labelling him "a jihadist, an anti-Semite, a liar, a perjuror and acting in a conflict of interest". If it were me, I'd be expecting a hell of a lot more than $80K.

Okay, but how is damage calculated? Did the guy lose 80k worth of income, or property?

Or is this the hurt feelings fine?

Abbas786 Abbas786:
He deserves it. You can't just spew hate and not be held responsible for it. It shouldn't be a fine since that will affect his family as well, it should be some jail time. I don't want his wife and kids to suffer because he is stupid.

Unless the victim was at risk from immediate physical harm their shouldn't be any legal action against him. His statements are cartoonish exaggerations that no reasonable person would believe.

But it's nice to see the censorship crowd step up.

Lets put it this way, if Izzy-chops wasn't free to say these things, people wouldn't know what he actually thinks or how he actually acts.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:21 pm

Abbas786 Abbas786:
He should be free to say whatever he wishes as long as it is not wrongfully accusing someone of being a terrorist. That is a serious label to throw at someone especially "online" in a blog with their real name mentioned.

Would a reasonable person believe that he actually was a terrorist?

I get called way worse than a terrorist almost daily, calling someone a terrorist without any surrounding evidence to prove that statement is just name calling, and can be dismissed as easy as any other childish personal attacks.

Now if their was a real attempt to paint the guy as a terrorist, like showing picture of him shaking hands or hanging out with terrorists, making up or disclosing travel to suspected and known terrorist training locations, that would be one thing.

But just laying a ground work of statements like he would lie to cover up his actions or promote his ideology, or that he had sympathy for this belief or that. That's a bit different.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:30 pm

Xort Xort:
I get called way worse than a terrorist almost daily...

I'm not surprised. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:49 pm

So all the lefty lemmings are dancing in the streets, because Ezra just got convicted of something they all do (and worse) every day.

In fact check a few of the celebrants above, and tell me you haven't heard them say worse.

Don't they get it? They might not like Ezra, but if Ezra can't do it, they can't do it.

What did he do btw? He called Anwan a liar. Anwan is a liar.

http://scaramouchee.blogspot.ca/2014/11 ... scent.html

He critiqued somebody as being connected to terrorist, ant-semite organizations. Anwan was.

http://www.ezralevant.com/ive-lost-my-l ... heres-why/

And BTW...notice that link above is from Ezralevant.com? Didn't one of you guys suggest above that Ezra lacked the balls to post the story on his site. You're false. When can Ezra expect his checque?

And since when does the opinion of some progressive idiot judge turn into the immutable golden truth? How many times have we seen these judges revealed as being not just wrong, but wrong in a way that challenges any claim they might have to possessing anything that might resemble intelligence?

But Ezra is further demagogued for daring to appeal? Give me a break. He's right. He should appeal.

And if we Canadians are lucky Ezra will win us our freedom of speech back for a second time.

And yes, I sent him money. What of it?

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:04 pm

Abbas786 Abbas786:
As a Canadian, I do not feel that my freedom of speech was affected by this ruling. If freedom of speech equals freedom to insult than it is a harsh world that we live in.

Even if you were correct that you have a right not to be offended and that's where freedom of speech ends (but you're not), we aren't just talking about an insult here.

Ezra said the organization Anwan was connected to was connected to organizations that have been linked to Anti-semitism, and even terrorist connected organizations. That claim is supportable.

You are not just saying "don't call me names or you owe me $80,000." You're saying the media cannot critique anti-semitism or terrorism when evidence appears to suggest it exists.

And here's another one. I've heard Anwan call people Islamaphobes. How much does he owe? Or does he get the anti-semite discount?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:23 pm

Abbas786 Abbas786:
"The Canadian Human Rights Act prohibits discrimination on various grounds, and forbids the posting of hateful or contemptuous messages on the Internet."

Just a quick quote from wiki. You can read up more of Canadian Human Rights Act by searching in Google.

If I tell you to take your own advice will you sue me for sounding nasty?

Ever heard of Section 13? It had to do with Hate speech. Used to be if somebody thought you said something objectionable about somebody he or she could complain to the human rights commission. If the accuser was on the right side of political correctness the Commission would come after you like Brownshirts in a kangaroo court (which is pretty much what they were).

That section has been repealed. Did you hear why? Ezra and Mark Steyn were the spark that returned that little piece of Freedom of Speech to Canadians.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/06/26/ha ... truck-down

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:31 pm

Abbas786 Abbas786:
I don't want his wife and kids to suffer because he is stupid.

They already suffer. "My dad's a teacher. What does your dad do, Levant?" "My dad is a professional loudmouth asshole."

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:34 pm

Xort Xort:
Okay, but how is damage calculated? Did the guy lose 80k worth of income, or property?

Or is this the hurt feelings fine?

Again, go read the ruling where it is explained how the judge reached his decision. That's what rulings are.

$1:
Unless the victim was at risk from immediate physical harm their shouldn't be any legal action against him. His statements are cartoonish exaggerations that no reasonable person would believe.

Have you talked to Infidel Doawg lately? :lol:

$1:
But it's nice to see the censorship crowd step up.

It's not really censorship. If it's the human rights tribunal it's censorship. Like Thanos, I apprecaited Levant taking those clowns on. This was a private libel suit.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:42 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Abbas786 Abbas786:
I don't want his wife and kids to suffer because he is stupid.

They already suffer. "My dad's a teacher. What does your dad do, Levant?" "My dad is a professional loudmouth asshole."

OK now tell me what Ezra did that's worse than what you and Abbas just did above?

Don't you get it?

Do you have to hear the cell doors clank behind you before you understand? It doesn't matter if you don't like Ezra. If he loses his freedom of speech, so do you.

You wanna talk stupid? That judge is not just stupid. She's dangerous.

But no, it's Ezra who's stupid. You two and the judge are the smart ones, right? :wink:

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:54 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:

OK now tell me what Ezra did that's worse than what you and Abbas just did above?

Don't you get it?

Do you have to hear the cell doors clank behind you before you understand? It doesn't matter if you don't like Ezra. If he loses his freedom of speech, so do you.

You wanna talk stupid? That judge is not just stupid. She's dangerous.

But it's Ezra who's stupid. You two are the smart ones, right?

Well, yes, I do have a stratospheric HQ, thank you for noticing. Levant lost a libel lawsuit. He was charged specific related damages. It's tort law, not criminal law. Censorship doesn't apply.

You don't have the freedom to defame someone's character with false accusations in any western country.

As for my comments about Levant: Well he is a professional. A loudmouth is a person who talks a lot and needs to be heard--that sounds like Ezra alright. An asshole is someone who consistently acts with malice. Defence of truth, yer honor!!!!

Last edited by Zipperfish on Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:55 pm

Abbas786 Abbas786:
"The Canadian Human Rights Act prohibits discrimination on various grounds, and forbids the posting of hateful or contemptuous messages on the Internet."

Just a quick quote from wiki. You can read up more of Canadian Human Rights Act by searching in Google.

And that's bullshit, and I'm against it.[1]

Unless their is clear immediate harm, a believable intentional lie to harm someone, privacy protected information (including stuff ranging from income tax, medical records up to state secrets), speech should be unlimited.

Even something that's hateful or contemptuous.

[1] Hey look this statement is contemptuous of the idiots that want censorship rather than freedom. Better call the Human No-Rights Court.

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Again, go read the ruling where it is explained how the judge reached his decision. That's what rulings are.
The link doesn't work so why don't you do something helpful?