Category: Law & Order
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2015-01-19 01:19:37

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:55 am

Disclaimer: This might be the freakiest self defence shooting video I've ever seen.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:07 am

Well, that's as it should be. We know in Canada the shooter would be facing charges. (Tho not necessarily convicted of them.)

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:12 am

This happens thousands of times a day in the US. Why is this one important?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:25 am

I know, right. He's not even Muslim or black

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:20 am

No but he does have a military background, which seems to fit another trend.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:27 am

Regina Regina:

You're starting to scare me.

I'm beginning to get the impression there are things you would prefer people didn't know.

With this one, yes, guns are often used for self protection in the US.

Is this common knowledge? I offer up the possibility it is not. In gun control arguments I saw debaters offer up as endorsing fact the idea that you saw stories of guns used for criminal or psycho attacks, but you almost never heard of somebody making use of one for self-protection.

This is true. THEY would not hear about it. The media they restrict themselves to would not allow them to hear such facts. The broader media does not offer up such stories. Local mainstream media does though. And the media I follow links to those local stories.

So a while ago I decided to do those informationally deprived debaters a favor and let them in on one of the secrets their media won't tell them. People do defend themselves with guns all the time.

But now I'm going to say you're telling me I've made my point so shut up, right? OK, done. No more 'guns are used to save people' stories from me. (Even if they are among the most popular. :wink: )

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:41 am

This one does have unusual details though.

It's videoed in a way you can get the gritty reality.

It's gun on knife.

It's lower class white. You get to see the rednecks gun controllers are afraid of.

The knife attack is freaky. You get why that guy might feel he had to shoot his psycho neighbor from the downstairs apartment, even though he didn't want to.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:55 am

andyt andyt:
I know, right. He's not even Muslim or black

Once again andyt spouts racism. One would think racists can say what ever they want here on CKA.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:19 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Regina Regina:

You're starting to scare me.

I'm beginning to get the impression there are things you would prefer people didn't know.

With this one, yes, guns are often used for self protection in the US.

Is this common knowledge? I offer up the possibility it is not. In gun control arguments I saw debaters offer up as endorsing fact the idea that you saw stories of guns used for criminal or psycho attacks, but you almost never heard of somebody making use of one for self-protection.

This is true. THEY would not hear about it. The media they restrict themselves to would not allow them to hear such facts. The broader media does not offer up such stories. Local mainstream media does though. And the media I follow links to those local stories.

So a while ago I decided to do those informationally deprived debaters a favor and let them in on one of the secrets their media won't tell them. People do defend themselves with guns all the time.

But now I'm going to say you're telling me I've made my point so shut up, right? OK, done. No more 'guns are used to save people' stories from me. (Even if they are among the most popular. :wink: )

Again the significance of a story like this, and that isn't even Canadian escapes me. This is so common in the US, it's like posting local Pee Wee hockey in Canada. The headline said "Update" and what first comes to mind is........update what?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:30 pm

As I understand it the actual attack was a month ago. The perp was taken to the hospital. I imagine he's out now, and they've charged him for two counts of attempted murder.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:37 pm

Well I'll certainly be sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for the next update............

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:38 pm

Regina Regina:
Again the significance of a story like this, and that isn't even Canadian escapes me.

Not to worry. I'm fully prepared to follow your lead and only post stories that matter, like this one...

Greg Plitt, actor and fitness guru, fatally struck by train in Burbank, Calif.

Just kidding. :wink:

Except I really will can the posting of stories where guns are used for self protection. I don't even have to know why. I'm on team Regina. R=UP

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:42 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Regina Regina:
Again the significance of a story like this, and that isn't even Canadian escapes me.

Not to worry. I'm fully prepared to follow your lead and only post stories that matter, like this one...

Greg Plitt, actor and fitness guru, fatally struck by train in Burbank, Calif.

Just kidding. :wink:

Except I really will can the posting of stories where guns are used for self protection. I don't even have to know why. I'm on team Regina. R=UP

Unlike you and the the intruder.......someone has actually heard of that guy before he died.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:47 pm

Regina Regina:
someone has actually heard of that guy

Not me. I use Superbeets. :D

http://www.sparkpeople.com/blog/blog.as ... super_food