Category: Tech
Posted By: Regina
Date: 2015-03-23 07:27:59
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:28 pm

I'll bet that they watch CKA Forums like hawks. They can probably simply push a button and make your computer expl

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:37 am

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
I'll bet that they watch CKA Forums like hawks. They can probably simply push a button and make your computer expl

That's the problem. The media is making a big deal out of the tools they have - but they never say that the CSE is supposed to have these tools. And it's supposed to use these tools to benefit Canada. And it's supposed to use them to protect Canada from the undeclared 'cyber war'.

What they aren't supposed to do it use them to spy on Canadians.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:11 am

Everyone should sabotage them so that if they intrude on our computers they're automatically redirected to Goatse. :twisted:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:54 am

$1:
The CSE toolbox includes the ability to redirect someone to a fake website, create unrest by pretending to be another government or hacker, and siphon classified information out of computer networks, according to experts who viewed the documents.

I'm so glad that we celebrate honest government. :roll:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:59 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
$1:
The CSE toolbox includes the ability to redirect someone to a fake website, create unrest by pretending to be another government or hacker, and siphon classified information out of computer networks, according to experts who viewed the documents.

It's sad, but they all do it in some form. Some more successful than others. If it weren't for Snowden, most people wouldn't even know it was going on.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:02 am

Snowden, IMHO, is a hero.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:06 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Snowden, IMHO, is a hero.

I agree. Anyone who doubts it, should go see the movie 'Citizen Four'.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:25 pm

the 90's were right

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:34 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

It's sad, but they all do it in some form. Some more successful than others. If it weren't for Snowden, most people wouldn't even know it was going on.

What's sad is we all assumed it anyway. Like he muttered in Citizenfour... We joke about it. Black helicopters, lists with millions of people on it, etc... It's one of the most popular tropes in Western media...

Then it all gets confirmed. Those cable leaks from Manning (another hero) really helped drive home the point that many assumptions of government backhanded shadiness are pretty much constantly bang on. But the lies continue, the blatant 'civilized' corruption continues, the expansion of state power continues.

Seems a lot of taxes are paying for the curtain. We've been told there's a man behind there, which we assumed anyway, but we're never going to get near that curtain.

EDIT: There were suspicions in Sony that the hackers weren't actually North Korea...