Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:19 am

yey!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:01 am

All this will do is provoke people into praying at these meetings just to pee in the face of the atheists on the bench.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:46 am

Good riddance!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:38 am

Why would anyone want to pray at a council meeting? Seems to me that your interaction with God would be better held in a proper place of worship or in private than in some Godless place where heathens gather to give each other reach arounds and tell themselves how advanced they are.

Sorry, but the actions of the Mayor were no better than the action of the people who try to stifle religion because they don't believe in it and was solely designed to get a reaction.

Which he unfortunately got at the expense of the taxpayers.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:29 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Why would anyone want to pray at a council meeting?

Because some people still believe in an authority aside from the Almighty State.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:40 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Because some people still believe in an authority aside from the Almighty State.

One of those 2 things exists, however, your view of the State is skewed into a Strawman.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:57 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

here are some of those people now:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:01 pm

I have no problem with praying in government, as long as everybody gets equal time. Satanists, Wiccans, Voodoo, and so on. Oh, don't forget the Pastafarians. And of course the sacred smoking of the herb by the Rastas - most mellow council meeting ever.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:56 pm

Muslims using a PUBLIC school part time for religious instruction during school hours? Perfectly acceptable.

Praying before a municipal council meeting? Unconstitutional and worthy of an award for punitive damages. Although I can't for the life of me figure what was so traumatic for the loser who whined and sued that he deserved $33,000.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:34 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

What would possibly make the Mayor think as a public servant that in council prayer is necessary or even required for him to do his job? All he succeeded in doing with his up close and personal interaction which, like I said before would be better done in a proper place of worship or private was to piss off the local atheist shit disturber.

Unless he and the remainder of council get a personal directive from the almighty to pray at council meetings, his actions come off as nothing more than an inflammatory attempt to prove a point and evoke a reaction, which he did and got. So, until there's a non Christian City council or Mayor demanding their own prayer in council meetings and not being censored for it he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Besides, he should really learn to pick his battles a little more carefully because, next to the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal, the Supreme Court of Canada is probably one of the most anti Christian organizations in the country.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:37 am

I'm always amazed at the atheists/agnostics who don't believe in religion or God but still go to such lengths to erase any mention or display of the same. 8O

I'll refer to these militant types as "religiphobes" from now on. 8)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:32 am

until there's a non Christian City council or Mayor demanding their own prayer in council meetings and not being censored for it

The same people supporting this mayor would have apoplexy if a mayor wanted to pray to Allah.

I don't understand why these yo yos are unable to just have a moment of silence, where they are free to pray all they want, just silently. Shows that it's not about practicing their beliefs but about shoving it down other people's throats.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:55 am

andyt andyt:
until there's a non Christian City council or Mayor demanding their own prayer in council meetings and not being censored for it

The same people supporting this mayor would have apoplexy if a mayor wanted to pray to Allah.

I don't understand why these yo yos are unable to just have a moment of silence, where they are free to pray all they want, just silently. Shows that it's not about practicing their beliefs but about shoving it down other people's throats.

ROTFL

There's the left-wing tolerance we always hear about. :lol: