canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:21 am

Title: NAFTA's Chapter 11 Makes Canada Most-Sued Country Under Free Trade Tribunals
Category: Economics
Posted By: shockedcanadian
Date: 2016-02-11 05:05:56
Canadian

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:21 am

Clinton, Trump, Sanders have all stated that they would either re-negotiate NAFTA and/or eliminate it. This besides the fact that none of them support TPP.

How can Canada regain our reputation and trust among allies?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:34 am

hum, so our environmental standards are higher, and WE need to build trust with allies?

where are all the green thumpers now?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:49 am

The U.S government recently lost a Supreme Court decision regarding environmental protection. I, like most, think it is an important issue, but as Harper and other leaders have stated, no government will undermine their economy solely for environmental considerations.

The fact is, Canada has never been an honest broker nor someone who has abided by the NAFTA agreement that we negotiated in good faith. I imagine we would be just as derelict in our adherence to any TPP provisions.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:11 am

uwish uwish:

[huh]

"Thumpers?"

I wasn't a big fan of NAFTA for many reasons, and the PCB and PTE cases were prime examples. As was UPS vs Canada Post. NAFTA and the TPP both seem to put profit and companies ahead of citizens and their well being.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:18 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
uwish uwish:

[huh]

"Thumpers?"

I wasn't a big fan of NAFTA for many reasons, and the PCB and PTE cases were prime examples. As was UPS vs Canada Post. NAFTA and the TPP both seem to put profit and companies ahead of citizens and their well being.

The RCMP and every other security apparatus in Canada put "profit" and self benefit over citizen and well being all the time. You should show the same disdain for these abuses. Ralph Goodales email is easy to find.

Economically we are a small nation, we rely on trade since we refuse to innovate or push forward economic liberties. Billions of trade a day cross over the U.S/Canadian border, what will happen to our economy without NAFTA?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:31 am

shockedcanadian shockedcanadian:
The RCMP and every other security apparatus in Canada put "profit" and self benefit over citizen and well being all the time. You should show the same disdain for these abuses.

If you must post them out loud, that's fine, but don't try to force your paranoid delusions on me.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:45 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
The RCMP and every other security apparatus in Canada put "profit" and self benefit over citizen and well being all the time. You should show the same disdain for these abuses.

If you must post them out loud, that's fine, but don't try to force your paranoid delusions on me.

Delusions? Considering the number of posts you and I both make, maybe I'm missing something. I'm currently unemployed, what's your excuse?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:57 am

Delusions?

Sometimes when I read your posts I think you must be a smart guy. Then you go ranting and post wild exaggerations and unsupported hyperbole. That makes me wonder whether you're just very young or a little crazy. :D

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:02 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Delusions? Considering the number of posts you and I both make, maybe I'm missing something. I'm currently unemployed, what's your excuse?

Yes, delusions.

You would see that cuts to the RCMP and their management would be very popular, cuts to the CBC, cuts to the undercover RCMP and CSIS pretending to work for the CBC.

We see it with the RCMP federally and certainly with the TPS. The top priority and mandate of the police has been and will remain "increase the budget", any means necessary.

Continually blaming the RCMP for things is delusional. Even presumably blaming them for your unemployment is as well. And the number of posts we make individually doesn't change that you are focusing your derision on an entity that doesn't care for you in the slightest only reinforces that delusion.

I don't have an excuse for why you are unemployed. Perhaps a little self reflection is in order?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:04 am

Lemmy Lemmy:
Delusions?

Sometimes when I read your posts I think you must be a smart guy. Then you go ranting and post wild exaggerations and unsupported hyperbole. That makes me wonder whether you're just very young or a little crazy. :D

Exactly! He seems smart and eloquent, but then he posts random conspiracy shit. His being unemployed only reminds me of a study I read recently that people who don't feel in control of their lives tend to fall headlong for either religion or conspiracy theories.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:08 am

Lemmy Lemmy:
Delusions?

Sometimes when I read your posts I think you must be a smart guy. Then you go and post wild exaggerations and unsupported hyperbole. Then I wonder whether you're either very young or a little crazy. :D

If you want to challenge my premises I will accept it. Calling me delusional or minimizing the experience that my wife and I have had bothers me immensely and I will respond in kind.

There have been a few discussion forums in Canada that have gone by the way side. Even one prominent one that tried to avoid Canadian inference by operating their servers in the U.S, a country with a much stronger belief in free speech and freedom of pursuits for its citizens. All because they were Conservative in nature, sort of how Fox news is not readily available on your basic cable package but CNN is...

Considering the fact that the next U.S president in all likelihood is going to have an agenda that isn't too supportive of our interests, Canadian democracy and accountability is going to have to grow up real fast.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:09 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Lemmy Lemmy:
Delusions?

Exactly! He seems smart and eloquent, but then he posts random conspiracy shit. His being unemployed only reminds me of a study I read recently that people who don't feel in control of their lives tend to fall headlong for either religion or conspiracy theories.

I will await your response if you are so inclined to answer.

I post a great deal as I am unemployed, what's your excuse?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:15 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Lemmy Lemmy:

I will await your response if you are so inclined to answer.

I post a great deal as I am unemployed, what's your excuse?

My 'excuse' for what?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:22 am

Considering the fact that the next U.S president in all likelihood is going to have an agenda that isn't too supportive of our interests,

:lol: Like Obama was supposed to be our great friend ?

Look how well that turned out.

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
My 'excuse' for what?

Getting near the big 20g in posts Doc. [B-o] [B-o] [B-o]

It's called time served.