Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:07 pm

xerxes xerxes:
Blah blah blah liberal media.

So based on one episode of one show this writer has a crap attack? What a hack. It's a show about two dumbass white girls.

That's how Brent Bozell does things. The guy is a self-righteous shit thru and thru. Choose some silly show that doesn't fit his idea of "family-values" entertainment, throw a shit-fit over an episode of it, then tie it all in to the "perversion" of the Democrats and their major candidate. He's been pulling this kind of crap since Reagan was in the White House. It's fairly pathetic and hasn't succeeded in taking a single "offensive" show off the air. All it's good for is giving the bible-thump scolds from the social conservative wing of the GOP a way to make them feel like they matter.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:05 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
South Park - the last vestige of freedom.

and remember the "snuke."

Hillary will pander to anyone. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:24 pm

No, I think Trevor Noah managed to do that by himself.
Funniest sketch was on Hilary's blunders but he dragged it on and on and on... turned 3 examples into 15 minutes.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:47 am

I really wanted Trevor to work, but his constant canned self-laughter, pious condescension of Americans, and inability to do more than "scratch the surface" have gotten me to not regularly watch the show anymore. Maybe he'll be more fine-tuned in a few years, but fuck do I miss Jon for this election season.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:45 am

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
I really wanted Trevor to work, but his constant canned self-laughter, pious condescension of Americans, and inability to do more than "scratch the surface" have gotten me to not regularly watch the show anymore. Maybe he'll be more fine-tuned in a few years, but fuck do I miss Jon for this election season.

Tervor Noah is better than John Oliver but his "Trump wants to bang his daughter" joke is disgusting and if someone made that joke about Bernie Sanders the Left would be crying foul.

herbie herbie:
No, I think Trevor Noah managed to do that by himself.
Funniest sketch was on Hilary's blunders but he dragged it on and on and on... turned 3 examples into 15 minutes.

When Trevor Norah is on a roll he doesn't know when to stop.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:23 pm

Public_Domain Public_Domain:

Samantha Bee has been killing it on her new show on Mondays. So much so that I think she should have taken over on The Daily Show. Admittedly, Trevor Noah had some monumentally huge shoes to fill. But he's been coming up short IMO. His jokes aren't bad and he has good delivery, but his biggest weakness IMO is his interview. Jon Stewart, along with Letterman, was one of the best interviewers on late night.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:01 am

Sam has a show? Thanks!

I've been enjoying John Oliver's new show, the new liberal windbag all the grumps on the forum here despise, just can't handle this once a week crap. Colbert reached his dream apparently but I so badly want him to go back to punditry. His show feels uncomfortable sometimes, something I never felt with the Report.

The Nightly Show is honestly funnier and more interesting than The Daily Show now. The corespondents and writers are all that show is relying on, and their probably doing their best.