Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:45 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
^^

I feel this way about most entertainers. I will pay you to entertain me. I don't give a rats ass about their personal life.

I am actually proud when I see some bit of news that this woman and that man are having some dispute, and I have no idea who they are. :)

I'm the total opposite.

I can't support an artist or entertainer if I don't like them/respect them off the stage.

I always use Kanye West as an example. I used to tolerate his earlier work but now, due to being an epic douche, I turn stations if his music comes on.

Whereas, I never liked rap (since the very very early days, pre NWA, when there was some good stuff), never listened to him, and still don't care about him! ;) And I tend to not listen to stations that play anything like that.

I used to listen to CBC in the afternoons, because they had good informative programming, and I didn't have to listen to top 40 BS or "Oldies". Now they started an afternoon show that is boring interviews and mostly top 40 crap. :( All the good stuff they moved to weekends.

So I put more of my digitized collection on the thumb drive I keep in the truck. :rock:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:05 am

Page and the rest of those guys were still pretty young themselves, and stoned/drunk out of their minds at any given time, when all that kind of behaviour went down. It's no excuse for it but it is a contributing circumstance. In an era where they were all burning the old morality down as quickly as they could them being drunk or high most of the time just made it all that much easier to do. Mr. Nice Guy with his sensible glasses, John Sebastian, sang a song at Woodstock about giving LSD to a little kid, fer fuck's sake, and the whole crowd pretty much agreed with it. Any of Page's perversions, or Bowie's/Henley's/Pop's/etc. was entirely matched out by the culture at large in which they were were living. If there's a case of collective guilt for morals crimes that can be cast upon an entire generation then it certain applies to all of the baby boomers that went hog wild in the Summer of Love, hit their fever peak during disco, and didn't slow down at all until the AIDS epidemic finally succeeded in scaring them to death.

No excuse, just an explanation. One also has to consider that with the groupies none of them ran away either from the attention of hanging on the arm of a rock or movie star, nor did they turn away from any of the endless amounts of free drugs they willingly imbibed. Underage or not they, and their apparently awful parents, have to take their own share of responsibility for their part in it. It's not like Page and the others were driving around playgrounds in a van with tinted windows and grabbing them off the streets.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:16 am

$1:
I can see that you're fifteen years old
No I don't want your I.D.
And I can see that you're so far from home
But it's no hanging matter
It's no capital crime

That song always made me cringe. My guess is they were all doing it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:24 am

So were the old blues guys from the 1930's and '40's that the whole late 1960's London scene (Jagger, Page, Clapton, etc) said they worshipped. Those old blues songs are nothing but "that little girl broke my heart", "I stole that little girl away", for the most part. The ephebophilia epidemic's been going on for a lot of years. This kind of behaviour is why in the medieval times they wouldn't allow the minstrels and mimes to stay in town overnight. Once the show was over it was basically "thanks but you need to hit the road now" from the town fathers. It's been a free-for-all on the teenage girls by the celebrities for many a generation. Condemning Page alone for something the entire generation was doing is kind of like trying to choose which one at a Roman orgy was behaving like the worst pig towards the slave.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:27 am

In medieval times teenage girls would have all been married. Pretty sure that "if they're old enough to bleed, they're old enough to breed" was the ethos of the day.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:41 am

Lemmy Lemmy:
A plagiarizing, child-kidnapping rapist will be Jimmy Page's lasting legacy. Fuck him.

"A plagiarizing, child-kidnapping rapist will be Michael Jackson's lasting legacy. F*** him."

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:50 pm

Bump. Turns out that the plaintiff's lawyer defines the slur "ambulance chaser". Had filed multiple lawsuits against other musicians, constantly warned by judges against obnoxious behaviour in the courtroom, and just got his license suspended too. :lol:

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/lawyer- ... lier-case/

$1:
The lawyer who failed to persuade a Los Angeles jury in June that Led Zeppelin stole the introduction of "Stairway to Heaven" from an earlier song by L.A. rock band Spirit has been suspended from practicing law. He was cited for "serious misconduct" and violating rules of professional conduct during a previous case.

Francis Malofiy was suspended for three months and one day after a federal appeals court this week upheld last year's suspension by a panel of U.S. district judges in Pennsylvania.

The disciplinary action arose from a case in which Malofiy unsuccessfully represented songwriter Dan Marino, claiming Marino was denied credit for co-writing the song "Bad Girl," which Usher recorded and included on his album "Confessions."

The suspension was ordered because the panel found that Malofiy obtained an affidavit from a witness in that case without disclosing that he was an adversary of the witness. The court also said that it chose to suspend Malofiy because he refused to accept responsibility for his actions and continued to misrepresent facts during an investigation of the accusations.

I guess with their money Page & Plant of course could hire much better representation. Too bad for the plaintiffs though that all they could afford to hire was this guy. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:25 pm

Better call Saul.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:42 am