canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:35 pm

Title: Kelly McParland: Ontarians face a heavy price for Liberal-crafted budget noose | National Post
Category: Provincial Politics
Posted By: shockedcanadian
Date: 2016-07-27 12:29:20
Canadian

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:35 pm

$1 Billion a month on interest alone, 90% increase in debt since 2008, 55% of all new borrowing is to pay interest (borrow from Peter to pay Paul), 3rd most expensive item on budget is interest payments.

Isn't communism grand?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:55 pm

Oh fer sure. The article also failed to mention a 400% increase in hydro rates over the last 10-12 years, and it's no wonder. The base price of hydro in Ontario is 2.3 cents/kwh. That's what it sells for before adding in taxes, delivery and connection charges and the "Global Adjustment Fee". Wind farms are being paid 13 cents/kwh and solar farms 80 cents/kwh to produce hydro that sells for 2.3 cents/kwh.

I also don't quite understand Ontario's insistence that the deficit is "only" $5.7 billion. Are not debt servicing payments part of the deficit? If so, then the deficit is in actuality, $16.7 billion.

The left has killed this province. The NDP started it, the federal Liberals kicked it when it was down and the LPO helped finish it off and is now humping the corpse.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:31 am

Maybe people should stop voting for idiots. Thats how Christy Clark got elected in B. C. last election. We would rather have a crook instead of a NDP idiot run the province. Two great choices

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vegas Golden Knights
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:44 am

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
I also don't quite understand Ontario's insistence that the deficit is "only" $5.7 billion. Are not debt servicing payments part of the deficit? If so, then the deficit is in actuality, $16.7 billion.

Not necessarily.

A deficit is nothing more than having higher expenditures than income. If I spend $2,000, and I earn $1,800, I have a $200 deficit. It doesn't matter if $1,000, of my expenditures, is debt servicing costs or not, my deficit is still $200.

We would need to see more financial info to clarify.