canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:01 pm

Title: Pupils taught Disney fairy tales promote sexism and domestic violence in online lesson plan
Category: Showbiz
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2016-11-22 12:53:01

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:01 pm

Now me, I thought the message of Beauty and the Beast was, "True beauty exists inside."

Apparently those of us who thought that were distracted by the obvious or something.

No worries. Cultural marxists are here to help us see how the real message is men suck.

Of course it is. I hear "white" men are even worse. I imaging we'll be learning that in the Lion King or something.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:40 pm

$1:
But now pupils as young as 11 are being taught that loyal heroine Belle is in an abusive relationship with the Beast in which "her only asset is her sexuality".

And here I thought it was her ability to see past the Beast's exterior and to judge him on the content of his character and not the color of his fur.

Goddamnit, I hate the fucking leftists for attacking every single aspect of our culture!

I wish I could get my hands on one of the bastards.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:54 pm

You mean they didn't run screaming and in tears for the nearest safe space after being exposed to Disney fairytale.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:54 pm

Can't wait for them to get a hold of Christmas.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:56 pm

The world has gone crazy. Abusive relationship that is such shit. So someone paid money for people to watch Disney filks and make up shit. Reminds me of the author note in one of the horsecaln books by Robert Adams where he goes on about how it's a story and has nothing to do with his childhood his relationship with his parents or anything else some teacher wanted to say cause it was a story.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:51 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11 ... estic-vio/

$1:
Pupils are being taught that Disney fairy tales promote sexism and domestic violence in a lesson plan circulated among teachers.

For centuries, children have grown up with Beauty and the Beast, which tells the story of how a cursed man-beast is transformed into a handsome prince when an evil spell is broken by the love of a beautiful and gentle young girl.

But now pupils as young as 11 are being taught that loyal heroine Belle is in an abusive relationship with the Beast in which "her only asset is her sexuality".

A lesson plan available on a teaching resource sharing website reads: "The Beast does not attack Belle but the threat of physical violence is present.

"The movie says if a woman is pretty and sweet natured she can change an abusive man into a kind and gentle man.

"In other words, it is the woman's fault if her man abuses her. And of course, the beast turns into a handsome prince because ugly people cannot be happy."

Belle is just one of the Disney favourites portrayed as scheming bimbos who boost macho ideas about female slavery by their willingness to do anything to get a man.

Others include The Little Mermaid, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Aladdin's Princess Jasmine, and Snow White - branded a domestic skivvy for the seven dwarves.

"She doesn't mind house work because she is sure a rich young man will soon come and take her away," children are told.

"This is typical of Disney's movies. Young women are naturally happy home-makers. They wait - like Snow White in her coma - until a man comes along to give them life."

Teachers who once burned the midnight oil composing lesson plans, can now download ones by other teachers for free from sites such as the Times Educational Supplement.

The lesson plan called Racism/Sexism in Disney, targetted at 11 to 16-year-olds, was uploaded by an unknown teacher in England for lessons such as RE and Citizenship.

It has been viewed more than 11,000 times and downloaded more than 5,808 times.

Phil Davies, the Tory MP for Shipley, West Yorkshire, said: "Parents will be horrified to think that their children are being brainwashed with this politically correct claptrap.

"Most parents send their kids to school to learn about maths, science and history - not to be brainwashed with garbage like this.

"The Government should stop this idiocy and ensure schools teach things that parents expect."

Chris McGovern, Chairman of the Campaign for Real Education, said:

"These lesson plans represent an ignorant, insidious and covert attack on family values and on the ancient wisdom of fairy tales.

"They are part of a deliberate strategy to pull apart the ties that bind our society together.

"Fairy tales, including the Disney versions, allow children to make sense of the world whilst alerting them to its dangers.

"Like much literature and art, they use stereotypical characters to demonstrate the battle between love and hatred, goodness and evil, honesty and deceit.

"By undermining and subverting that support and tradition these model lessons are cruel to children and they are, also, dangerous to their well-being and to their mental health.

"Many parents will be appalled at the way children are being brain-washed by the promotion of politically correct fanaticism in the classroom.

"They are right to be fearful of the brave new world being created by our so-called 'education' system."

A Disney spokesman said:

"For more than 90 years, Disney's timeless stories and beloved characters, including Disney Princesses, have been universal, relatable and relevant for everyone.

"They are loved by millions of children and adults across gender because it is their inner qualities such as determination, kindness, loyalty, humour, courage and wit that shine through and define them."A Department for Educaion spokesman said: "Schools are best placed to decide what resources are most appropriate for their children, in consultation with parents.

"There are a range of resources available online but we trust teachers to decide on the best ones to use when developing lessons which are age-appropriate."