bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:26 am

Sad no matter who did this I feel for the innocent victims. You don't ever go to your religious center expecting to be shot.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:11 am

martin14 martin14:
Thanos Thanos:
Coulter's Law could be in effect in that the longer it takes the media to report on the identity of the suspects it lessens the likelihood that they're white guys. I promise to correct myself later if wrong.

You won't need to.

$1:
Quebec Premier Philippe Couillard said it was obvious that the shooting should be treated as an act of terrorism.

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau condemned the shooting, which he described as a "terrorist attack on Muslims in a centre of worship and refuge," in a statement.

Before it gets 'rewritten'..

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/ ... -1.3957686

$1:
Some last minute news,
A journalist (Alain St-Ours) being spoken to on Radio Canada says he has very good sources, apparently the homes of two students from Université de Laval will be searched very soon, they are in their 20s. 1 Moroccan and 1 from Quebec

The police are searching homes in Sainte Foy now.

Yeah, wish I could understand French better right now. Seems the Quebec media is doing a respectable job but for some reason ( :roll: ) it's not carrying over to the English side very well.

Some dope on Twitter said there's never been a mass killing by Muslims in Quebec or Canada ever. He didn't like it very much when someone corrected him by mentioning Ecole Polytechnique. :evil:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:16 am

$1:
Yeah, wish I could understand French better right now. Seems the Quebec media is doing a respectable job but for some reason ( ) it's not carrying over to the English side very well.

Scroll running at the bottom in English?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:34 am

Almost every single report in non-Quebecois media is coming across like they've been copied from a single official politically-correct source with a few of the sentences mixed around to make them look like they're not identical. Major media failure in Canada with this kind of thing.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:39 am

Just me thinking out loud here. Why watch the news when the news stations do such a shitty job of reporting the news.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:46 am

Not on TV. Internet news is just as bad right now for lack of information.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:48 am

When people want the news they end up with R=EM

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:52 am

Thanos Thanos:
Almost every single report in non-Quebecois media is coming across like they've been copied from a single official politically-correct source with a few of the sentences mixed around to make them look like they're not identical. Major media failure in Canada with this kind of thing.

Just wait.

The narrative is already written.

Confused, easily impressionable, slightly autistic, depressed,
history of mental illness, lone wolf ( even when 2 )
got crazed online and were angry about the Trump ban of Muslims.

All these things are wrong,
but all of them will be trotted out to excuse this attack away.

Out of the media in 2 days, mandatory diversity courses for everyone else.
Except the muslims, of course. They are just victims.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:04 am

Other sources suggest White Supremists. If they used an ak-47 there are many questions that need to be answered. This is digusting and cowardly.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:06 am

stratos stratos:
Sad no matter who did this I feel for the innocent victims. You don't ever go to your religious center expecting to be shot.

R=EM

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:07 am

stratos stratos:
Just me thinking out loud here. Why watch the news when the news stations do such a shitty job of reporting the news.

They actually do pretty well. They just don't rush things, so they also don't end up reporting things falsely.

Sure you can get quick reports on Twitter, but are they accurate? Not always.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:30 am

stratos stratos:

It's not just the news in Canada, which in the case of CBC is State owned. It is the police themselves who refuse to give details and are not accountable. It's the reason these guys look like they want to take the 5th to each question. They are giving updates to the world today, that the FBI would have given an hour or two after the incident.

They won't release their names? No motivations? It's been 12 hours. All this does is keep people in fear and asking questions. If they still have to remain this secretive, how much do THEY not know?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:38 am

http://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2017/01/30/l ... med-khadir

Les deux suspects sont Alexandre Bissonnette et Mohamed Khadir

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:23 am

An Arab and a radicalized Quebecois?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:34 am

:|

Attachments:
Trudeau.jpg
Trudeau.jpg [ 54.17 KiB | Viewed 30 times ]
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 10  Next