bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:22 pm

Visiting a wheelchair bound friend today & we were talking about the panic and over-reaction. He said dozens called to tell him to pack his bags and be ready, just call and we'll come pick you up to evacuate.
He lives in this old wooden shitshack cabin and told them he's not worried. They made the landlord put a fireproof door on his cabin..... :D

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:02 pm

herbie herbie:
Visiting a wheelchair bound friend today & we were talking about the panic and over-reaction. He said dozens called to tell him to pack his bags and be ready, just call and we'll come pick you up to evacuate.
He lives in this old wooden shitshack cabin and told them he's not worried. They made the landlord put a fireproof door on his cabin..... :D

PDT_Armataz_01_34

Herbie, I'm sorry but I don't know exactly where you live - would you mind telling me?

I found out a few minutes ago that the source of all the smoke today was a back-burn they did on the Dunn Lake fire which is part of the Little Fort Complex fire. All in a good cause then, I figure. It was a relief to know that it wasn't from a new fire.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:39 am

Mowich Mowich:
housewife housewife:
I second that

How are things back there, housewife? Is it still raining buckets or has Mother Nature finally cut you a break? Truly hope there is something left to be salvaged.

Back in southern Ontario the rain is bad around here but the crops are growing and the fields don't have standing water everywhere. In the Ottawa area where I was visiting the fields are so wet. You can tell they were planted but not what it's so stunted, first cut of hay isn't done. Doesn't help when the local news does a big story on the golf courses losing money and half a second on farm fields all but drowning. I'm not sure if they will be able to salvage anything.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:27 am

housewife housewife:
Mowich Mowich:
housewife housewife:
I second that

How are things back there, housewife? Is it still raining buckets or has Mother Nature finally cut you a break? Truly hope there is something left to be salvaged.

Back in southern Ontario the rain is bad around here but the crops are growing and the fields don't have standing water everywhere. In the Ottawa area where I was visiting the fields are so wet. You can tell they were planted but not what it's so stunted, first cut of hay isn't done. Doesn't help when the local news does a big story on the golf courses losing money and half a second on farm fields all but drowning. I'm not sure if they will be able to salvage anything.

Typical of the media, housewife....who cares that crops are rotting in the fields when idle folks can't get to the links. Sheesh.

There is a chance we may see some rain today.........hoping that you may see some sunshine and hot temps.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:43 am

Got my fingers crossed for you guys to get a good down pour and no wind or lightning. Yesterday was hot and humid today we have had rain off and on. The grandson play wagon is half full of water. It's crazy.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:51 pm

0:
7814605_web1_copy_170727-OMH-reopen_1.jpg
7814605_web1_copy_170727-OMH-reopen_1.jpg [ 121.69 KiB | Viewed 74 times ]

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: Reentry to start for 100 Mile and South Cariboo

Accouncement made at 2 p.m. today (July 22)

Effective immediately, most 100 Mile House and South Cariboo residents are allowed to return to their homes.

The evacuation orders in the area will be downgraded to alerts, according to a 2 p.m. announcement by 100 Mile Mayor Mitch Campsall and Cariboo Regional District Chair Al Richmond.

The announcement comes after B.C. Wildfire Service reports the Gustafsen fire to be 90 per cent contained.

http://www.100milefreepress.net/news/br ... h-cariboo/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:23 pm

R=UP

Good to see...

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:00 am

Great to hear. How are you doing? Any good rain and windless days in your forecast

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:11 am

housewife housewife:
Great to hear. How are you doing? Any good rain and windless days in your forecast

I am so happy for all my friends and neighbors who began traveling home yesterday, and to know that 100 Mile will soon be fully open for business again.

Parts of the area got a bit of rain, housewife but nothing right here and the winds are expected to pick up again today with gusts as high as 50kph. No fires burning in our immediate area so it is only the Ashcroft reserve fire aka Elephant Hill that could be affected as they are having a bit of problem with containment. The Gustafsen Lake fire - the one that originally sparked the evacs and alerts in the 100 Mile area - under 90% containment which is great news.

Cannot thank or say enough about all the fire-fighters, emergency responders and RCMP for all they have done for us.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:55 am

I so glad that things are going well all around you. Still hoping you get some of the rain from around here an all day soaker. Stay safe

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:40 pm

I'm glad too for you and your area Mo! [B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:13 am

All quiet here, we had to 'evacuate' for dinner, one of our incessant 14 hr power outages in town. Smelled no smoke, saw no smoke, no evidence even of the Sutherland Rd. fire. Just sheets of rain on the horizons.
Can I sue BC Hydro for making me miss Game of Thrones? :D

Temperature was down to about 12 and windy last night, when we came back saw the neighbours walking their dogs with winter coats on, the lake was all whitecaps. Gonna make sure the BBQ is full of propane and buy an old fashioned percolator to prepare for the next outage.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:05 am

Mowich how goes th battle? Any rain? Are the stress levels going down?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:36 am

Sister's on her way back to Green Lake to check out the cabin. Sent some shots of the fires burning around Clinton and burnt out spot on Hwy 97.
Everything around here is contained. No lightning, sunny but rained so hard it filled our wheelbarrow in 20 mins.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:40 am

This will be the trophy shot of the summer. "Which way do we evacuate, officer?"

Attachments:
piggies.jpg
piggies.jpg [ 76.7 KiB | Viewed 39 times ]
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 4  5  6  7  8  9  10 ... 12  Next