canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:59 pm

Title: Transit, housing, opioid crisis on agenda as Trudeau meets with Robertson
Category: Political
Posted By: Strutz
Date: 2017-08-01 14:57:39
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:59 pm

Quote:
Trudeau was in the B.C. Interior on Monday to survey the damage caused by wildfires, where almost 50,000 people were from their homes at the peak of the crisis.

Nice of you to pop by Justin and take a looksee at the areas that have been devastated by the wildfires here.

Quote:
The prime minister also spoke at a $1,000-a-plate Liberal fundraising dinner in Surrey on Monday, where he urged the crowd of about 250 people to donate to the Canadian Red Cross to help those displaced by wildfires.

Gee... here's a thought... why not take that money from your little fundraiser to give to the people that have been directly affected by the wildfires? I know $250,000 isn't much but I'd rather see this going towards helping out folks with their bills than see another 30second ad on TV telling me how great you are.

And while we're at it how about you stop handing OUR money out to other countries and keep a little fund handy so when the need arises in CANADA when events such as this happens we can help our own out eh?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:30 pm

Let's see...Canada imported a bunch of people from Afghanistan and now you have an opioid crisis.

Hmmm. This is a tough one. 8)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:35 pm

There wouldn't be this so-called opioid crisis if the medical system in this stupid country bothered to take long-term chronic pain seriously as an issue. It's an untreated pain crisis, not a drug addiction one. :evil:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:41 pm

Thanos wrote:
There wouldn't be this so-called opioid crisis if the medical system in this stupid country bothered to take long-term chronic pain seriously as an issue. It's an untreated pain crisis, not a drug addiction one. :evil:

Around here the problem is heroin and then doctors being too loose on prescribing opioids.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/02/06/h ... llennials/

http://www.kcra.com/article/state-of-ad ... 56/9952874

http://www.sacbee.com/site-services/dat ... 68810.html

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:27 am

BartSimpson wrote:
Thanos wrote:

Around here the problem is heroin and then doctors being too loose on prescribing opioids.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/02/06/h ... llennials/

http://www.kcra.com/article/state-of-ad ... 56/9952874

http://www.sacbee.com/site-services/dat ... 68810.html

It's the same problem here, the drug companies pushed Oxy use through the roof, now we see the people cut off prescription meds going to heroin. And because of cheap and legal Chinese shipments, fentanyl is making it's way into the heroin (and meth and weed . . .) exacerbating the problem and killing people.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:36 am

Strutz wrote:
Nice of you to pop by Justin and t

Gee... here's a thought... why not take that money from your little fundraiser to give to the people that have been directly affected by the wildfires?

And while we're at it how about you stop handing OUR money out to

Geeez, lil potato must have really screwed up big time if he has managed
to get sweet little Struzie to start cranking out that level of sarcasm. R=EM

Bad Justine, bad bad Justine.
Should be ashamed of himself.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:41 am

There's about 600 homicides every year in Canada. This year's projection is 1400 deaths in BC alone from overdoses.
Let's joke about it and belittle any effort to do something.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:59 am

DrCaleb wrote:
And because of cheap and legal Chinese shipments, fentanyl is making

WHAT?????....., NOT AFGAN????

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:11 am

herbie wrote:
There's about 600 homicides every year in Canada. This year's projection is 1400 deaths in BC alone from overdoses.

I was not joking about that or belittling at all. It's horrible and it has become imperative that governments work together. That was part of his meeting with Robertson. This issue is a personal one for me as a young man I know very well is addicted to heroin and on at least one occasion has had fentanyl in it as he tested positive. It's frightening for his family as they struggle to get him the right help to get off that shit before it kills him.

My remarks were about his party's fundraiser dinner in Surrey. I get that political parties always need/want more money from contributions from their supporters. This dinner had nothing to do with his discussions with Robertson.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:13 am

fifeboy wrote:
DrCaleb wrote:

No, we don't get the good Afghan Gold Seal anymore. :( Just cheap Chinese fentanyl.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:19 am

fifeboy wrote:
DrCaleb wrote:

Fentanyl is synthetic, requires work to make it.
So no, not afghan.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:39 pm

Strutz wrote:
herbie wrote:

I was not joking about that or belittling at all. It's horrible and it has become imperative that governments work together. That was part of his meeting with Robertson. This issue is a personal one for me as a young man I know very well is addicted to heroin and on at least one occasion has had fentanyl in it as he tested positive. It's frightening for his family as they struggle to get him the right help to get off that shit before it kills him.

My remarks were about his party's fundraiser dinner in Surrey. I get that political parties always need/want more money from contributions from their supporters. This dinner had nothing to do with his discussions with Robertson.

No but you tried to link completely unrelated things together to make a criticism of Trudeau.
What Canada spends in foreign aid has nothing to do with anything domestically. And he's meeting with the Mayor of Vancouver where fentanyl overdoses, transit and housing are the issues, not forest fires. Well other than they're choking on the smoke instead of us...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:53 pm

herbie wrote:
Strutz wrote:
herbie wrote:

No but you tried to link completely unrelated things together to make a criticism of Trudeau.
What Canada spends in foreign aid has nothing to do with anything domestically. And he's meeting with the Mayor of Vancouver where fentanyl overdoses, transit and housing are the issues, not forest fires. Well other than they're choking on the smoke instead of us...

Strutz was making the point that charity starts at home. A fact that is completely lost on Trudeau.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:14 pm

BartSimpson wrote:
Let's see...Canada imported a bunch of people from Afghanistan and now you have an opioid crisis.

Hmmm. This is a tough one. 8)

Stupidity. Level 100. :lol: