canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:18 am

Title: Ezra Levant's 'damage control' not enough for UCP leadership hopeful taking on The Rebel
Category: Political
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2017-08-15 07:08:23
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:18 am

"What The Rebel suffers from is a lack of editorial and behavioural judgment that left unchecked will destroy it and those around it. For that reason, I am leaving." - Brian Lilley, co-founder of The Rebel

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:38 am

He also posted his resignation was a long time coming.
So, virtue signaling at the right moment in the hopes to get work somewhere else.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:39 am

CKA is really unworkable right now. Any luck finding Trevor ?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:48 am

You can post using the front page, but then you can't quote. :(

Trevor won't be found unless he wants to be found. :(

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:01 am

Well, the Rebel has said enough nasty things about the CBC that this gleeful 'somebody said something nasty about Rebel' CBC story seems fair enough.

Anybody interested in seeing some of the actual rebel footage though? How horrible is it, really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ceg_WnHDXdo

So the Rebel gave you live coverage of what happened on the ground. The CBC offers you second hand opinion from people who didn't like it?

Which will make you better informed about what actually happened in Charlottesville?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:19 am

Here's Ezra disavowing what the Alt Right has become (the Not Right).

https://www.therebel.media/ezra_levant_ ... _alt_right

Something from the last line is quotable:

"everyone from NBC to CBS to Reuters has asked us for permission to use our footage this weekend."

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:25 pm

So despite making a career out of attacking the main stream media for not echoing his right wing extremist batshit, he can't help but gush about how some MSM outlets noticed him and wanted to use some camera footage? I bet Ezras having flashbacks to that one time in school when a popular kid held the door open for him, and for a moment Ezra thought he had a friend.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:31 pm

"I'm not really as disgusting as the other guy." and considers that as bragging....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:36 pm

Oh for crying out loud, you 2. Read what the context of what he said was or stop pretending you're the experts on what's behind a link neither one of you clicked. Your ignorance makes me blush. I'm embarrassed for you.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:55 am

Good for Lilley for pulling the pin and walking away. Hopefully the Canadian Jewish community and the conservative political machine start putting a lot more pressure on Levant to knock it off with the flirtations he's having with these scumbags in the US.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:35 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
So despite making a career out of attacking the main stream media for not echoing his right wing extremist batshit, he can't help but gush about how some MSM outlets noticed him and wanted to use some camera footage? I bet Ezras having flashbacks to that one time in school when a popular kid held the door open for him, and for a moment Ezra thought he had a friend.

They might have used some footage, because no one else had it. But I bet not one of them used any Rebel reporting on that story. That's the true test, if other accredited media will use you as a source because they believe you are reliable and have integrity.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:37 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:

They might have used some footage, because no one else had it. But I bet not one of them used any Rebel reporting on that story. That's the true test, if other accredited media will use you as a source because they believe you are reliable and have integrity.

Exactly

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:18 am

Rebel Media is losing their focus paying attention to US politics instead of their bread and butter of holding all Canadian politocans accountable.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:27 am

$1:
The uneasy relationship between Canadian conservatives and controversial news outlet The Rebel garnered renewed attention Tuesday after one of the site's co-founders and two of its contributors quit over its coverage of the Charlottesville protests.

Co-founder Brian Lilley said he was no longer comfortable working with an organization increasingly linked with the alt-right, the name most commonly used to represent the white nationalist movement in the U.S. involved in the incidents in Virginia over the weekend.

Among its leaders is Richard Spencer, whose manifesto written specifically for the Charlottesville event includes a call for states to be organized on racial and ethnic lines and speaks to the superiority of "White America."

The Rebel's coverage suggested Spencer and his followers ought to be afforded the same rights as left-wing protesters who massed in opposition, Lilley said, and that was a tipping point for him.

"They are not equivalent," he said in an interview.

"Black Lives Matter and (anti-fascists) need to be called out for their problems, but a Nazi, is a Nazi, is a Nazi. And I think we all agree that Nazis are bad."

Tension between The Rebel and conservatives erupts anew