canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:07 am

stratos stratos:
So Science is right when it comes to Global Warming but it is wrong when it says the human race has two genders Male and Female. hermaphrodites are considers abnormal and a birth defect.

Think about it. If science is your end all argument for Global Warming why are you so willing to ignore it in other areas.

You are incorrect. I wrote the exact opposite of what you claim.

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
And as we are learning, biology is more complicated that we think. We've known that people are born M, F, androgynous, or with some or none of the binary genetaila, for millennia. It's not an 'SJW interaction' to acknowledge that someone is different than the normal, it's simply polite. It's not like it's a surprise to them, and if it's done out of courtesy then there is nothing 'social justicie' involved with it.

Times change. Society needs to change with it.

Science does not recognize only two genders, and I cited as much. Hermaphrodites would only considered a birth defect if they cannot reproduce. Which is 'usually' and 'so far'. Humans aren't designed to be hermaphroditic. People born with both male and female genitalia usually cannot reproduce, as both sets tend to be underdeveloped. People born with a ovaries and a uterus, but no vagina can sometimes reproduce, following surgery.

I always defer to Science and not opinion where appropriate. I already knew some of those facts, and looked others up I was unsure of.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:11 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

The predictable result.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:34 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

They should also add the choice of "WTF?"

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:38 am

$1:
I always defer to Science and not opinion where appropriate. I already knew some of those facts, and looked others up I was unsure of.

Not nailing you to the wall but did your read medical journals or op-ed pieces?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:41 am

Also if people do not wish to be categorized but to be considered none of the above type then they must also recognize that they are alienating themselves from the majority of society. Thus their demands that society change for them is illogical considering they refuse to change for society. Society being the majority. They should not be discriminated against yet any demands for special treatment should be refused IMO.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:20 pm

stratos stratos:
$1:

Not nailing you to the wall but did your read medical journals or op-ed pieces?

Yup. They said the same thing I did, that gender is not fully understood. It may be more biological than psychological than we've believed in the past.

Feel free to nail me to a wall! ;) If I'm mistaken in something, I would prefer to be corrected than continue to have bad information.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:59 pm

Yeahh you're using Bill Nye levels of what you want to call science, Doc.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:04 pm

On a side note...

I noticed this in the article and I'm uncertain if it's just a new "trendy" thing to do or does it mean something? Just curious.

$1:
...That position was echoed by barbara findlay, a Vancouver lawyer. She says that while it's better for transgender people to have an option that better reflects their reality, the change does not go far enough.
"One's gender identity is your own business and the state has no business in the undies of the nation," said findlay, who spells her name with lowercase letters. "We don't applaud this development by the federal government."

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:09 pm

Capitalization oppresses the illiterate and IT MUST GO!!! :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:15 pm

From now on, call me rAYdAN! :D

NOTE: The exclamation point is part of my name.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:19 pm

The problem here is the average man or woman doesn't have the interest in this subject to glom onto the complexities of what the argument is and what science might actually support or deny.

Here's one though that can help one catch up quick. It's a moderated debate between two people who have done the research and do know the nuance of the arguments.

It's fair too. Blaire White is a transgender male to female. I subscribe to her on YouTube because we share some politics. Contra is a YouTuber who PD fanboys. So you've got both sides represented here.

Both Blaire and Contra are up to speed on the studies and other writing on the subject.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:21 pm

raydan raydan:
From now on, call me rAYdAN! :D

NOTE: The exclamation point is part of my name.

So when we say it loud it sounds like we're excited to see you? :wink:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:15 pm

I'm always excited to see Ray!

He's like having James Gandolfini and Taylor Swift all wrapped up in one! :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:13 pm

I wish... :(

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next