CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 4362
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:50 am
 


BeaverFever wrote:
uwish wrote:
Between Federal and the 'new' regressive Provincial income tax in Alberta I do pay just over 34% in taxes, that doesn't include property tax, just the two forms of income tax. Also not included is CPP etc on that bill and that is calculated from the marginal tax rates from both federal and provincial as the income changes. It's around 37% when you throw in the rest of the boxes on your T4 and then property taxes (only the provincial portion) So sure, it may not be >40% but it sure is closer than this 'rebuttal' that says the number is closer to half that! (20%)


Tax calculator
https://simpletax.ca/calculator

To have a total effective income tax rate of 34% in Alberta you would have to be making taxable income of around $210,000 per year so either I don't believe you or I don't feel sorry for you.

Most likely you're confusing your top marginal rate with your overall effective tax rate.....common mistake


I can do math, it isn't hard I stand by my calculations, Average tax rate 33.55 %
Marginal tax rate 43.00 % from your own handy little web site. As I said, that is just income tax, not including CPP et al or property tax. I am not asking you to feel sorry for me am i? But perhaps I should since I pay 2.7 times more tax than the average Canadian, yet I sure don't use 2.7 times the services do i?

I am merely pointing out that taxes have gone up by no less than 7% in Alberta, and after adding all the other deductions it stands around 37% of total income.
Again, I point out that 37% is much closer to 40% than 20% as suggested in the 'rebuttal' page is claiming.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 14034
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:52 am
 


uwish wrote:
BeaverFever wrote:
uwish wrote:
Between Federal and the 'new' regressive Provincial income tax in Alberta I do pay just over 34% in taxes, that doesn't include property tax, just the two forms of income tax. Also not included is CPP etc on that bill and that is calculated from the marginal tax rates from both federal and provincial as the income changes. It's around 37% when you throw in the rest of the boxes on your T4 and then property taxes (only the provincial portion) So sure, it may not be >40% but it sure is closer than this 'rebuttal' that says the number is closer to half that! (20%)


Tax calculator
https://simpletax.ca/calculator

To have a total effective income tax rate of 34% in Alberta you would have to be making taxable income of around $210,000 per year so either I don't believe you or I don't feel sorry for you.

Most likely you're confusing your top marginal rate with your overall effective tax rate.....common mistake


I can do math, it isn't hard I stand by my calculations, Average tax rate 33.55 %
Marginal tax rate 43.00 % from your own handy little web site. As I said, that is just income tax, not including CPP et al or property tax. I am not asking you to feel sorry for me am i? But perhaps I should since I pay 2.7 times more tax than the average Canadian, yet I sure don't use 2.7 times the services do i?

I am merely pointing out that taxes have gone up by no less than 7% in Alberta, and after adding all the other deductions it stands around 37% of total income.
Again, I point out that 37% is much closer to 40% than 20% as suggested in the 'rebuttal' page is claiming.



Wel if your income is that high then you're not middle class or the average Canadian paying 20% tax, you're in the wealthiest 2 percent of society. The "rebuttal" article I posted makes clear that one of Fraser Institute's many flaws is trying to pass off the tax burdens of the wealthiest as the burdens of the average middle class Canadian.

Besides, If you have a university education as your profile suggests then you've definitely consumed a lot more public services than the average citizen. It also says you were an RCAF pilot for over ten years, so if true then you lived on taxpayer money for over a decade! You've taken a lot more government cheese than any welfare case!!

Raising taxes on the lower incomes to equalize with the wealthiest would be an undue hardship on those least able to pay. Lowering taxes on the rest would result in net reduction of public infrastructure such as roads, schools, airports, etc that you, your employer, and other businesses have used to accumulate wealth. Taxes are the price of running an advanced civilization and those who benefit more from that enterprise pay more for the privilege.


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 4362
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:52 am
 


yeah that's right, highlight someone who has served his nation and then berate them for doing so claiming I lived on the dime of the taxpayer. I guess then that would be true for anyone who is employed by any government agency or receives government funding. Furthermore, claiming I have taken far more 'cheese' than someone on welfare is really quite insulting. You must think that way of the police, and fire fighters as well. I wish I could live in your world where you receive all these services and then criticize the people who provide them claiming they are worse than someone on social assistance.

Class act right there. If that's the best you can do, then that's the best you can do.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 14034
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:45 am
 


uwish wrote:
yeah that's right, highlight someone who has served his nation and then berate them for doing so claiming I lived on the dime of the taxpayer. I guess then that would be true for anyone who is employed by any government agency or receives government funding. Furthermore, claiming I have taken far more 'cheese' than someone on welfare is really quite insulting. You must think that way of the police, and fire fighters as well. I wish I could live in your world where you receive all these services and then criticize the people who provide them claiming they are worse than someone on social assistance.

Class act right there. If that's the best you can do, then that's the best you can do.



Nice dodge. Now you're abandoning the subject and want to instead shift the topic to politically correct speech for public employees.

I didn't say you were "worse" because I don't believe people who receive social assistance or public servants are bad in the first place.


But don't you see the hypocrisy of someone who is the wealthiest 2% of society, and who received a good portion of their wealth directly from taxpayers, complaining about their taxes? I bet the long list of government cuts you want in order to lower your taxes don't include reducing the salary you used to earn right?


Last edited by BeaverFever on Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9461
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:49 am
 


BeaverFever wrote:
BRAH wrote:
The lower mainland's problem is you have Chinese Criminals / Immigrants buying million dollar homes to launder money while claiming welfare and not paying property / personal taxes leaving Canadian taxpayers to pick up the bill which creates a damaging ripple effect.


Million dollar homes AND claiming welfare? Sounds unlikely. I think you're getting your immigrant rage stories mixed up

It's true because these people have found a way to exploit the system. The Vancouver mainland is a gong show when it comes to taxes and who's not paying.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8943
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:50 am
 


All those disgusting seniors deferring their taxes!


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9461
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:53 am
 


uwish wrote:
yeah that's right, highlight someone who has served his nation and then berate them for doing so claiming I lived on the dime of the taxpayer. I guess then that would be true for anyone who is employed by any government agency or receives government funding. Furthermore, claiming I have taken far more 'cheese' than someone on welfare is really quite insulting. You must think that way of the police, and fire fighters as well. I wish I could live in your world where you receive all these services and then criticize the people who provide them claiming they are worse than someone on social assistance.

Class act right there. If that's the best you can do, then that's the best you can do.

I would rather see my taxes go to veterans who have served their nation instead of paying off a convicted Terrorist. Emergency services personal should receive the same because everyday they're putting their lives at risk.

herbie wrote:
All those disgusting seniors deferring their taxes!

Seniors deserve a break too.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20854
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:04 am
 


How dare the government use taxes to pay for things like this!

Image

/sarcasm


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 14034
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:06 am
 


The most recent generation to become seniors are the wealthiest in society.

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.macleans. ... g-gap/amp/


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9461
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:09 am
 


Unfortunately not every senior has that luxury.


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 4362
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:50 am
 


BeaverFever wrote:
uwish wrote:
yeah that's right, highlight someone who has served his nation and then berate them for doing so claiming I lived on the dime of the taxpayer. I guess then that would be true for anyone who is employed by any government agency or receives government funding. Furthermore, claiming I have taken far more 'cheese' than someone on welfare is really quite insulting. You must think that way of the police, and fire fighters as well. I wish I could live in your world where you receive all these services and then criticize the people who provide them claiming they are worse than someone on social assistance.

Class act right there. If that's the best you can do, then that's the best you can do.



Nice dodge. Now you're abandoning the subject and want to instead shift the topic to politically correct speech for public employees.

I didn't say you were "worse" because I don't believe people who receive social assistance or public servants are bad in the first place.


But don't you see the hypocrisy of someone who is the wealthiest 2% of society, and who received a good portion of their wealth directly from taxpayers, complaining about their taxes? I bet the long list of government cuts you want in order to lower your taxes don't include reducing the salary you used to earn right?


where did I ever say I received a good portion of my 'wealth' from the taxpayers? I may have to inform you I have been out of the RCAF for almost 20 years and I can assure you at IPC3 Captain, I sure didn't get rich in the CF! But that doesn't stop you from jumping to conclusions now does it?


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33832
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:59 am
 


uwish wrote:
I wish I could live in your world where you receive all these services and then criticize the people who provide them claiming they are worse than someone on social assistance.

Class act right there. If that's the best you can do, then that's the best you can do.


Now you can see just what kind of BF he really is. :x


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 24061
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:02 pm
 


BRAH wrote:
I would rather see my taxes go to veterans who have served their nation instead of paying off a convicted Terrorist.


Infrastructure and defence is where Canadians expect their tax money to go. If government is spending money fixing roads or protecting the north good for them.

But like you suggest - who elected Justine to offer up his cash for jihadis program? It wasn't just Khadr and his juicy 10 million for terrorist murder. 25 mill to UNRWA is the same as putting it in the pocket of Hamas.

Even if we choose to ignore Justin's thank you to the extremist mosques of an Islamic brotherhood for it's election support, there's 650 million to promote abortion in Africa and elsewhere.

Or what about all those millions Justin promised the CBC during the campaign. Apparently some can't figure out why he would make that offer during an election campaign.

Then there's the possible billions that will eventually be directed towards some imagined world catastrophe of nice weather the globalists' prophets tell us to expect in a hundred years...maybe two *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*.

380 million in additional funding for the prog vomit the government calls art.

Then there's all the nit-picking hundred thousand here, a million there on social justice flim flam.

Or even, how about a half million to supposedly move some Canada Revenue agent 192km from Richmond Hill to Belleville, Ontario.

But no, pay no attention to what's going on behind those curtains. There's snow removal on the Trans Canada.

Well...I guess, thanks for also finding the time to do your actual job, Liberal government.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 14034
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:47 pm
 


uwish wrote:
BeaverFever wrote:
uwish wrote:
yeah that's right, highlight someone who has served his nation and then berate them for doing so claiming I lived on the dime of the taxpayer. I guess then that would be true for anyone who is employed by any government agency or receives government funding. Furthermore, claiming I have taken far more 'cheese' than someone on welfare is really quite insulting. You must think that way of the police, and fire fighters as well. I wish I could live in your world where you receive all these services and then criticize the people who provide them claiming they are worse than someone on social assistance.

Class act right there. If that's the best you can do, then that's the best you can do.



Nice dodge. Now you're abandoning the subject and want to instead shift the topic to politically correct speech for public employees.

I didn't say you were "worse" because I don't believe people who receive social assistance or public servants are bad in the first place.


But don't you see the hypocrisy of someone who is the wealthiest 2% of society, and who received a good portion of their wealth directly from taxpayers, complaining about their taxes? I bet the long list of government cuts you want in order to lower your taxes don't include reducing the salary you used to earn right?


where did I ever say I received a good portion of my 'wealth' from the taxpayers? I may have to inform you I have been out of the RCAF for almost 20 years and I can assure you at IPC3 Captain, I sure didn't get rich in the CF! But that doesn't stop you from jumping to conclusions now does it?


Well earnings from a third of your career and a generous pension came courtesy of the taxpayer. Nothing wrong with that, but you should be aware of it.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 14034
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:51 pm
 


N_Fiddledog wrote:
BRAH wrote:
I would rather see my taxes go to veterans who have served their nation instead of paying off a convicted Terrorist.


Infrastructure and defence is where Canadians expect their tax money to go. If government is spending money fixing roads or protecting the north good for them.

But like you suggest - who elected Justine to offer up his cash for jihadis program? It wasn't just Khadr and his juicy 10 million for terrorist murder. 25 mill to UNRWA is the same as putting it in the pocket of Hamas.

Even if we choose to ignore Justin's thank you to the extremist mosques of an Islamic brotherhood for it's election support, there's 650 million to promote abortion in Africa and elsewhere.

Or what about all those millions Justin promised the CBC during the campaign. Apparently some can't figure out why he would make that offer during an election campaign.

Then there's the possible billions that will eventually be directed towards some imagined world catastrophe of nice weather the globalists' prophets tell us to expect in a hundred years...maybe two *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*.

380 million in additional funding for the prog vomit the government calls art.

Then there's all the nit-picking hundred thousand here, a million there on social justice flim flam.

Or even, how about a half million to supposedly move some Canada Revenue agent 192km from Richmond Hill to Belleville, Ontario.

But no, pay no attention to what's going on behind those curtains. There's snow removal on the Trans Canada.

Well...I guess, thanks for also finding the time to do your actual job, Liberal government.


I could go through this line by line but it's just such a waste of time. Hey? Why don't you ask someone from Houston how they're enjoying their 'nice weather' that's 'not expected for 'a hundred years".


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.