Category: Law & Order
Posted By: Freakinoldguy
Date: 2017-11-16 11:54:00
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:01 pm

I don't know if this is worthy of it's own thread but I thought what the hell and while he hasn't made it to the bigs with Harv and Kev I'm sure that he would have carried on his unwanted advances if this woman hadn't outed him.

But TBH since he's not one of the "deplorables" this will be mitigated and deflected to the maxium. People will say that the photo of him grabbing her boobs was "comedy" and completely forget about him forcing her to open mouth kiss him, against her will which is what was the real issue.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:52 pm

Where's Gloria Alred for Leeann Tweeden I wonder?

Let's not hold our breath waiting for that one.

Hard not to notice though, that other "#Me too" girls, like say, Jessica Drake didn't have as good a claim as Leeann does?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ria-allred

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:39 pm

Smashed a Keurig on behalf of Roy Moore and Sean Hannity lately, Fiddy?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:44 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
I don't know if this is worthy of it's own thread but I thought what the hell and while he hasn't made it to the bigs with Harv and Kev I'm sure that he would have carried on his unwanted advances if this woman hadn't outed him.

But TBH since he's not one of the "deplorables" this will be mitigated and deflected to the maxium. People will say that the photo of him grabbing her boobs was "comedy" and completely forget about him forcing her to open mouth kiss him, against her will which is what was the real issue.

Mitigated and deflected? That's why it's on the front page of virtually every newspaper and newsmedia site right now.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:51 pm

It was an assault and she has apparently accepted his apology. There's no need for an ethics review of Franken but if anyone has to answer for their past Gary Condit should be called out for what happened with Chandra Levy which was unfortunately was dropped because the scandal came out one week before 9/11.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:57 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Smashed a Keurig on behalf of Roy Moore and Sean Hannity lately, Fiddy?

No, but I did decide to buy more Papa John's pizza.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:15 pm

BRAH BRAH:
It was an assault and she has apparently accepted his apology. There's no need for an ethics review of Franken but if anyone has to answer for their past Gary Condit should be called out for what happened with Chandra Levy which was unfortunately was dropped because the scandal came out one week before 9/11.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/16/us/p ... ssing.html

Given that Tweeden is a reporter she's likely under a lot of professional pressure from the liberal-left crowd at KABC to put this to bed.

The acceptance of the apology as related by the New York Times is...tepid.

Now let's see where this goes because now that the lid is off of the Democrat political leadership I imagine we'll see more such of these accusations.

Some of them might even be true. :idea:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:44 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:

Mitigated and deflected? That's why it's on the front page of virtually every newspaper and newsmedia site right now.

The talk show I originally saw this on prattled on about him being a comedienne and completely glossed over the part where he forced himself on her when he kissed her which was the real issue not his "funny" photo.

$1:
“I immediately pushed him away with both of my hands against his chest and told him if he ever did that to me again I wouldn’t be so nice about it the next time,” Ms. Tweeden wrote. “I walked away. All I could think about was getting to a bathroom as fast as possible to rinse the taste of him out of my mouth.”

“I felt disgusted and violated,” she added.

The boob grabbing may have been comedy but the above action sure as hell isn't.

So, it may be on the front of every newspaper but it's what's written inside that's the key and what some of the Democrats and fellow comedians do to protect this guy.

$1:
“The first thing I want to do is apologize: to Leeann, to everyone else who was part of that tour, to everyone who has worked for me, to everyone I represent, and to everyone who counts on me to be an ally and supporter and champion of women,” Mr. Franken wrote.

“I respect women. I don’t respect men who don’t,” he continued. “And the fact that my own actions have given people a good reason to doubt that makes me feel ashamed.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/16/us/p ... ssing.html

But, riddle me this. If the Junior Senator from Minnesota was really about being a champion of women why didn't he apologize to his victim before he got outed for doing being just another predator.

I will say that the plethora of Democrat and Republican Senators who've spoken out on this topic and demanded that the Ethics committee investigate finally got it right because the point is that it took all this crap for him to show any remorse and try actually to minimize his actions by claiming to be that champion of women who despises men who act exactly like he did.

BTW since he's been talked about as a potential Presidential Candidate do you expect people on the other side of the political spectrum to ignore Franken's actual actions which went far beyond the locker room talk Trump is being pilloried for.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:59 pm

BTW since he's been talked about as a potential Presidential Candidate do you expect people on the other side of the political spectrum to ignore Franken's actual actions which went far beyond the locker room talk Trump is being pilloried for.

I sure hope not, but knowing Democrats, probably.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:12 pm

Trump's Maxim: when you're a star/politician/judge/religious clown/other assorted position of wealth/fame/power/influence, you can do what you like and get away with it. This is what his entire legacy will be boiled down to, that he was smart enough in a primitive caveman way to accurately put into words what the human race is all about. :|

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:45 pm

Never even heard of the guy till this thread. Had to google him. Couldn't open the link, but what I see from comments he is just another powerful man who uses his power to exploit women. Go Drake Go!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:17 pm

Sarah Palin on sexual harassment: 'People know I'm probably packing' so they 'don't mess with me'
$1:
Sarah Palin (R) on Thursday condemned sexual harassment in the workplace, adding that she has not personally experienced it because people know she carries a weapon.

http://thehill.com/homenews/360750-sarah-palin-on-sexual-harassment-people-know-im-probably-packing-so-they-dont-mess

R=UP

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:22 pm

Great stuff on Powerline today about Franken!

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2 ... dition.php

This bit from The Onion is GOLD!!! :lol:

$1:
Democrats Call For Convincing Amount Of Condemnation For Al Franken

WASHINGTON—In response to radio personality Leeann Tweeden’s allegations of being inappropriately groped by Al Franken during a 2006 U.S.O. tour, Democratic Party leaders issued calls Thursday for a convincing amount of condemnation for the Minnesota senator. “I urge my fellow Democrats to renounce Senator Franken’s unacceptable behavior in the absolute most plausible way,” said Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, adding that he hadn’t ruled out taking steps to eventually look into the matter. “It’s imperative that we unequivocally go through the motions of rejecting any and all forms of sexual misconduct, and I’m confident that all Democrats will join me in denouncing the senator’s actions in the strongest believable terms.” Schumer also said that party leaders would remain steadfast in their lip service even if additional Democrats were accused of sexual assault.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:16 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Great stuff on Powerline today about Franken!

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2 ... dition.php

This bit from The Onion is GOLD!!! :lol:

$1:
Democrats Call For Convincing Amount Of Condemnation For Al Franken

WASHINGTON—In response to radio personality Leeann Tweeden’s allegations of being inappropriately groped by Al Franken during a 2006 U.S.O. tour, Democratic Party leaders issued calls Thursday for a convincing amount of condemnation for the Minnesota senator. “I urge my fellow Democrats to renounce Senator Franken’s unacceptable behavior in the absolute most plausible way,” said Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, adding that he hadn’t ruled out taking steps to eventually look into the matter. “It’s imperative that we unequivocally go through the motions of rejecting any and all forms of sexual misconduct, and I’m confident that all Democrats will join me in denouncing the senator’s actions in the strongest believable terms.” Schumer also said that party leaders would remain steadfast in their lip service even if additional Democrats were accused of sexual assault.

ROTFL