CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9391
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:56 pm
 


Thanos wrote:
Because this is what a real tough guy looks like.

Image

Image
_____________

Delicious.


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 298
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:16 pm
 


Thanos wrote:
Laughing and mocking someone's tears is a signal that you're a tough guy. quack quack MAGA


You know, it's possible to strongly disapprove of Trump's behavior and policies and also strongly disapprove of Trudeau and his girlyman behavior and HIS policies too.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 27545
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:44 pm
 


It's also possible to thoroughly dislike Justin Trudeau and his policies without resorting to silly teenage grade taunts at him when he shows emotion during a highly charged emotional moment. And this is only the second or third time he's shown this emotion, so it's not like he's John Boehner who starts crying at the drop of a hat. So the slur that he's doing it on purpose is basically unfounded. So's the slur that he's some kind of a wimp, considering how he beat Tory bigmouth Patrick Brazeau from post to post during a boxing match.

This is why I treat current conservatism like the fucking plague it now is. It's not even a pretense of doing better or being better anymore. It's just openly stooping to the lowest one can be in order to claim the mantle of "WINNING!" or expressing genuine glee at the opportunity to hurt someone else. Seriously, look in the fucking mirror already to get an idea of what some of you people are turning into. If you're decent then there's some things you just don't do.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13209
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:02 pm
 


Thanos wrote:
And this is only the second or third time he's shown this emotion, so it's not like he's John Boehner who starts crying at the drop of a hat. So the slur that he's doing it on purpose is basically unfounded.


If he can get emotional when apologizing to Natives but, doesn't get emotional when Canadian Citizens are murdered because of policies that were kept in place and cited by his gov't as a reason for allowing those murders to happen, it goes along way in explaining where his "specific" emotions are. But hey, maybe your right and he genuinely cares but, given it's only been shown for specific people might just show how little he really cares for the rest of us who live in this country.

So I'll continue to call bullshit on when and where he unleashes his emotions because I'd rather believe that a Canadian Prime Minister has all Canadian's interests at heart and not just a couple of specific groups whom he has special feelings for.

But, if that isn't true it could mean one of two things. He's either doing it for the accolades or, he has zero respect and compassion for all the other Canadians who have suffered, given their lives and built this country, no matter what their race, religion and backgrounds were.


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
Profile
Posts: 1748
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:42 pm
 


Freakinoldguy wrote:
housewife wrote:
So do you think there are enough “New age” voters to counter the old school disgust for public displays of emotions?


Nope and the reason being is that characteristically the millennials and a fairly large portion of Gen X'ers don't bother to vote. A fact which means that Boomer's and the remaining other older generations will likely be the majority when it comes to voting again.

So, given that these demographics tends to be more conservative in their views and much more capable of seeing through insincere and put on public displays of "emotions" I don't think they'll fall for sock's public outburst of suddenly caring especially when they've seen the same person blow off the murder of John Ridsdel and Robert Hall by radical Islam in the Phillipines last year with a short Public Relations statement.

So, unless you're a Native or Gord Downey there'll be no show of emotions from our current PM which is why I said this is all staged to make socks look like a kind caring and compassionate leader, an image which is proven to be false given his lack of compassion for anything that doesn't make him look good or help get that seat on the UN Security Council.

But, just a question. When was the last time you saw him cry for any of the dead Canadian soldiers, sailors or airmen from the Boer war, 2 World Wars, Korea, Afghanistan and a myriad of other missions UN or not?


You have already answered that. I really doubt that he will either. I am also hoping you’re right but he did get in once. People seem to pay attention to him and not his politics.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8765
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:54 pm
 


Quote:
Nope and the reason being is that characteristically the millennials and a fairly large portion of Gen X'ers don't bother to vote.

If that were remotely true we wouldn't have Trudeau, Notley or a Green coalition in BC. And if we could ever introduce proportional representation so the fascists could worry about their own party instead of fucking up another, lots would vote Conservative.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 27545
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:55 pm
 


Freakinoldguy wrote:
Thanos wrote:
And this is only the second or third time he's shown this emotion, so it's not like he's John Boehner who starts crying at the drop of a hat. So the slur that he's doing it on purpose is basically unfounded.


If he can get emotional when apologizing to Natives but, doesn't get emotional when Canadian Citizens are murdered because of policies that were kept in place and cited by his gov't as a reason for allowing those murders to happen, it goes along way in explaining where his "specific" emotions are. But hey, maybe your right and he genuinely cares but, given it's only been shown for specific people might just show how little he really cares for the rest of us who live in this country.

So I'll continue to call bullshit on when and where he unleashes his emotions because I'd rather believe that a Canadian Prime Minister has all Canadian's interests at heart and not just a couple of specific groups whom he has special feelings for.

But, if that isn't true it could mean one of two things. He's either doing it for the accolades or, he has zero respect and compassion for all the other Canadians who have suffered, given their lives and built this country, no matter what their race, religion and backgrounds were.


The residential schools were a crime against helpless children. Ditto with Sandy Hook, which caused Obama to break down a bit too. That's what makes it more emotional. As an adult I don't need Trudeau or any other politician to get all weepy if something happens to me. If they did I'd find it unbecoming. If talked about this with 2Cdo when he was still here and he agreed with me. I said that if I was a military veteran all I'd expect from the government would be some respect. Help me with my medical needs if I was injured on duty and don't jack me around on my other benefits. Other than that there isn't much else I want from the politicians. I certainly wouldn't need a single one of them, or any other civilians either for that matter, to go into hysterical paroxysms of grief at the sight of a uniform on Remembrance Day. Seriously, the thanks and respect would be enough.

What happened to those kids that got imprisoned in the residential schools though? That's a national crime, a disgrace that will last as long as this country exists. If anyone gets emotional about the residential schools, and how the arrogant cruelty of the generations that are responsible for them have tainted all of us who were born afterwards, then it's at least understandable. I have much more worry about the content of the character of anyone who still wants to slough it all off with a big "meh" than I do about anyone who sheds some tears over it during a meeting with the victims of those places.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13209
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:51 pm
 


Thanos wrote:
Freakinoldguy wrote:
Thanos wrote:
And this is only the second or third time he's shown this emotion, so it's not like he's John Boehner who starts crying at the drop of a hat. So the slur that he's doing it on purpose is basically unfounded.


If he can get emotional when apologizing to Natives but, doesn't get emotional when Canadian Citizens are murdered because of policies that were kept in place and cited by his gov't as a reason for allowing those murders to happen, it goes along way in explaining where his "specific" emotions are. But hey, maybe your right and he genuinely cares but, given it's only been shown for specific people might just show how little he really cares for the rest of us who live in this country.

So I'll continue to call bullshit on when and where he unleashes his emotions because I'd rather believe that a Canadian Prime Minister has all Canadian's interests at heart and not just a couple of specific groups whom he has special feelings for.

But, if that isn't true it could mean one of two things. He's either doing it for the accolades or, he has zero respect and compassion for all the other Canadians who have suffered, given their lives and built this country, no matter what their race, religion and backgrounds were.



What happened to those kids that got imprisoned in the residential schools though? That's a national crime, a disgrace that will last as long as this country exists. If anyone gets emotional about the residential schools, and how the arrogant cruelty of the generations that are responsible for them have tainted all of us who were born afterwards, then it's at least understandable. I have much more worry about the content of the character of anyone who still wants to slough it all off with a big "meh" than I do about anyone who sheds some tears over it during a meeting with the victims of those places.


I have no problem with your observations about this tragedy and his compassion, but what I do have a problem with is that it appears to be reserved for specific groups of people who fit his idea of oppressed.

Not to be obtuse but, for me it's all about the optics of his apologies and given that he got all weepy about the residential school tragedy in NFLD makes me wonder why to this day he hasn't shown the same compassion and done the same thing for the Doukobors of Southern BC, who's children suffered the same fate as the natives back in the 1950's.

So, until I actually see some of this compassion applied to other Canadians who were abused by uncaring gov'ts I'm going to remain somewhat skeptical that he's really sincere about his apologies and that he's not just using them as a photo op.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13209
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:01 pm
 


herbie wrote:
Quote:
Nope and the reason being is that characteristically the millennials and a fairly large portion of Gen X'ers don't bother to vote.

If that were remotely true we wouldn't have Trudeau, Notley or a Green coalition in BC. And if we could ever introduce proportional representation so the fascists could worry about their own party instead of fucking up another, lots would vote Conservative.


Okay let me rephrase that.
Quote:
Nope and the reason being is that characteristically the millennials and a fairly large portion of Gen X'ers don't traditionally bother to vote.


Now that the millenials and Gen X'ers got what they wanted in legalized marijuana and a young hip PM I'll bet the voter numbers next election are considerably lower than they were for the last one especially when he didn't deliver on alot of the promises he made to those two demographics.

Then, we'll wait to see what shakes out because if past history is any indicator of the future it'll be opposite of what you claim even if Trudeau gets elected again, on the boomer nostalgia vote.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8765
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:09 am
 


You seem to have every excuse covered beforehand if Trudeau wins again. :D


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
Profile
Posts: 1252
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:48 pm
 


It's a good thing that the head of government apologized for this.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13419
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:15 am
 


Those residential schools in Newfoundland were established while the place was under British rule.

Why are we apologizing for their shyte? Shouldn't the Brits be kicking in some compensation dosh?


Last edited by Jabberwalker on Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 927
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:22 am
 


Jabberwalker wrote:
Why are we apologizing for their shyte?
--- to distract the attention of Canuckletards away from the responsible parties.

It works! Look at this thread: All of the Canuckletards are concerned about things that do not matter.


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.