canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:06 am

Title: 'I am sorry. We are sorry': Trudeau apologizes to LGBTQ2 on behalf of Canada
Category: Political
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2017-11-28 19:20:14
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:06 am

More crocodile tears. It looks like he's learning to cry on cue for anyone he's giving money to.

But my real issue with the asshat is that he keeps claiming to speak for "all Canadians" which isn't exactly true because he only got 39.5 percent of the country who voted for him.

I guess it sounds so much better saying "all Canadians" when transposing today's morals on generations and laws from the past.

But, if anyone really cares about why the gay people were punted from the military in the past. It was because they lied on their enlistment applications by declaring themselves not to be homosexual which, along with a myriad of other non declared offenses gave the military the right to release you. As for the Public Service and RCMP I have no idea if they had the same application process so I won't speak to their releases.

But for the record, there have been gay sailors forever and I sailed with more than a few of them. The difference is that everyone knew they were gay but nobody cared so long as they did their job and were professional which, was what everyone I knew were. The problems occurred if and when some of them started to flaunt their sexuality which, left the Gov't no choice because of the "Code Of Service Discipline" than to take action and use the lying on your enlistment application to release them.

Was it right, maybe, maybe not. I'm not here to judge but I do know that most of the gay people who I sailed with were good people and good sailors who shouldn't have been punted and amazingly enough, weren't. From my experiences it always seemed to be the shitbirds who got their walking papers for being openly gay and some even used that reason to get out of fulfilling their contracts.

So, why are we be apologizing for past digressions by the Gov't when the people demanding these apologies are the very people who knowingly broke those laws and now because of today's group think want to be compensated for doing it?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:38 am

And another $100 million thrown out the window.

Will the blatant vote buying Hillary campaign ever stop ?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:42 am

Trudeau Apology Tour 2017.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:49 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
More crocodile tears. It looks like he's learning to cry on cue for anyone he's giving money to.

But my real issue with the asshat is that he keeps claiming to speak for "all Canadians" which isn't exactly true because he only got 39.5 percent of the country who voted for him.

I guess it sounds so much better saying "all Canadians" when transposing today's morals on generations and laws from the past.

But, if anyone really cares about why the gay people were punted from the military in the past. It was because they lied on their enlistment applications by declaring themselves not to be homosexual which, along with a myriad of other non declared offenses gave the military the right to release you. As for the Public Service and RCMP I have no idea if they had the same application process so I won't speak to their releases.

But for the record, there have been gay sailors forever and I sailed with more than a few of them. The difference is that everyone knew they were gay but nobody cared so long as they did their job and were professional which, was what everyone I knew were. The problems occurred if and when some of them started to flaunt their sexuality which, left the Gov't no choice because of the "Code Of Service Discipline" than to take action and use the lying on your enlistment application to release them.

Was it right, maybe, maybe not. I'm not here to judge but I do know that most of the gay people who I sailed with were good people and good sailors who shouldn't have been punted and amazingly enough, weren't. From my experiences it always seemed to be the shitbirds who got their walking papers for being openly gay and some even used that reason to get out of fulfilling their contracts.

So, why are we be apologizing for past digressions by the Gov't when the people demanding these apologies are the very people who knowingly broke those laws and now because of today's group think want to be compensated for doing it?

So it was their fault for lying on their application, is your point? So what were they supposed to do? They were gay. It was illegal to be gay. If you came out as gay, you are subject to assault, often sexual assault, and the police will blame you if you report it. Nobody believes your "some of them were good people" baloney. I grew up redneck and I've seen how gays were treated. And it wasn't "Hey, you're gay but you're OK." Not by a long shot.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:04 am

It's their own fault for being born Gay, Zip. The Government was perfectly in the right when they discriminated against Gays in the military, civil service and RCMP. If they didn't want to be thrown in jail for being Gay, then they should learn how to not be gay.

And Trudeau shouldn't show any sincerity in his apologies. Bad form. He should be totally insincere and clinical.

/s

(in case that was somehow needed)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:37 am

Don’t forget the life sentence in prison that you could get for being gay up until Pierre changed the law in 1969. Do the people who suffered that not deserve an apology?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:07 am

No apology. Simple recognition.

We recognize the difficult situation the LBGTQ people faced in history and the extraordinary contribution they made to our society in spite of those odds against them. Matter of fact we had one Member of Parliament who served several terms, we called him "the Flamer"... but we love you people".
/s

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:07 am

It's the drama teacher's phony tears that bug me.

Oh, that and 'stop apologizing for me, Creepy. You're not qualified.'

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:14 am

herbie herbie:
No apology. Simple recognition.

We recognize the difficult situation the LBGTQ people faced in history and the extraordinary contribution they made to our society in spite of those odds against them. Matter of fact we had one Member of Parliament who served several terms, we called him "the Flamer"... but we love you people".
/s

Five finger discount Svend?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:46 am

Newsbot Newsbot:
What is next??
Apology-for communists too??

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:49 am

CharlesAnthony CharlesAnthony:
Newsbot Newsbot:
What is next??

I'm curious how gay people and communists are related in your defunct brain.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:14 pm

Tricks Tricks:
CharlesAnthony CharlesAnthony:
Newsbot Newsbot:
What is next??
I'm curious how gay people and communists are related in your defunct brain.
--- because I am smarter than you. That is just 1 of the reasons.

$1:
ABSTRACT: Official anti-communist policies, adopted by the Mackenzie King government during the Second World War, were only partially effective. These policies were implemented by the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) and the armed forces high command, and included internment, banning the Communist Party of Canada (CPC), and monitoring communists in the armed forces. These policies, however, were thwarted by the logic of the war, as well as by opposition from liberal public opinion and the communists themselves.
From Pariahs to Patriots: Canadian Communists and the Second World War by Chris Frazer

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:23 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:

R=UP

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:26 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
It's the drama teacher's phony tears that bug me.

Oh, that and 'stop apologizing for me, Creepy. You're not qualified.'

It is so cringe worthy it sickens me. Apologize, certainly but at least show some balls when you are doing it.