bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:15 pm

I'll make it easy for you Beave. You don't even have to click that link.

Here's a claim from a different Christian source:

$1:
In 1950, Bethlehem and the surrounding villages were 86 percent Christian. But by 2016, the Christian population dipped to just 12 percent, according to Bethlehem mayor Vera Baboun. Across the West Bank, Christians now account for less than 2 percent of the population, though in the 1970s, Christians were 5 percent of the population. In Bethlehem, the traditional birthplace of Jesus, today there are just 11,000 Christians.

https://www.ncronline.org/news/world/be ... -christmas

Show us a better reason for not believing that than it's Christians saying it.

OK now show us why the BBC is wrong to offer up the World Christian Database's claim that Christians accounted for 5.3% of the population of the West Bank and Gaza in 1970, but they were less than half that in 2016.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-15239529

And here's another problem with calling Christians liars on how many of them are in a particular area. They're the ones keeping the records.

If you have no records why are we supposed to believe your source of no source at all is the credible one?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:58 pm

I’m confused...exactly what argument of mine do you think you’re rebutting? Do you think this somehow means Christians are not Palestinians? Or are Pro-Israel zionists who enjoy being non-citizens under military occupation?

Oh and teo things with your statistics : first by only talking about the percentage in a particular town you’re neglecting to notice that the overall population exploded as Muslims who list their homes to Israel during the conflicts were driven into what is now the occupied territories

But here’s some more info:

$1:
According to official British Mandatory estimates, Palestine's Christian population in 1922 constituted 9.5% of the total Mandatory Palestine population (10.8% of the Palestinian Arab population), and 7.9% in 1946.[6] A large number of Arab Christians fled or were expelled from the Jewish-controlled areas of Mandatory Palestine during the 1948 Arab–Israeli War, and a small number left during the period (1948–1967) of Jordanian control of the West Bank for economic reasons.

...There are also many Palestinian Christians who are descendants of Palestinian refugees from the post-1948 era who fled to Christian-majority countries [/b]and formed large diasporan Christian communities.[8][9] Worldwide, there are nearly one million Palestinian Christians in these territories as well as in the Palestinian diaspora, comprising around 6-7% of the world's total Palestinian population.[citation needed] Palestinian Christians live primarily in Arab states surrounding historic Palestine and in the diaspora, particularly in Latin America, Europe and North America.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_Christians

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:04 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
I never said that this is normal in the present but that it was normal forty years ago in much of the USA.

Which it was and I provided links and details to substantiate this fact.

Now go fuck yourself.

Suuuuuuure.....diddling 14 yr olds was normal :roll: Maybe to you it was/is a part of the 'courting' process. Maybe you should head back to your COD game, so you can regale us with more 'stories' of your 'combat' experience.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:13 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
I never said that this is normal in the present but that it was normal forty years ago in much of the USA.

Now go fuck yourself.

Suuuuuuure.....diddling 14 yr olds was normal :roll: Maybe to you it was/is a part of the 'courting' process. Maybe you should head back to your COD game, so you can regale us with more 'stories' of your 'combat' experience.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_co ... _in_Canada
it would appear as though diddling 14 year olds was all the rage in canada forty years ago as well, seeing as how the age of consent was 14 years old. the age of consent was not raised from 14 to 16 years of age until 2008. wtf? 2008? all these people taking potshots at alabama,yet they had an age of consent of 16 years old back in 1920.
http://chnm.gmu.edu/cyh/case-studies/23 ... &source=24

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:27 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
I’m confused...exactly what argument of mine do you think you’re rebutting?

Wasn't that clear on page 9 when I told you:

$1:
But I'm not sure what your point is. You seem to be thinking Arab Christians are necessarily pro-Muslim or something. If that were true then why are so many leaving lately while the Muslim population is growing in the area they're leaving?

And they are leaving Beave. Your Wikipedia post tells us almost 11% of the Arab population was Christian in 1922. BBC directs us to data saying the West Bank and Gaza was under 2% Christian in 2016. In fact, here's something you neglected to show us, but even your Wikipedia link says, "As of 2015, Palestinian Christians comprise approximately 1–2.5% of the population of the West Bank, and less than 1% in the Gaza Strip.[4][5]."

And here's another thing, this isn't the first time you've tried to present the idea of this substantial anti-Israel lobby of Christian (what you call Palestinians and I would call arabs.)

2% percent, Beave and BBC was talking about the whole region. Just 2%. I don't know what percentage of those are anti-Israel and neither do you, but do you remember the one when you were trying to tell us about all the anti-Israel revolutionaries on the side of the MIDOT (Muslims in Dispute of Territory) jihad? Do you remember how the 2 of us together could only find 2 possible examples and they were wienies?

So no there is not some kind of significant anti-Israel push from what you're calling "Palestinian" Christians. Not even the demographic is significant and it's shrinking annually.

Also, as Shep explained on the previous page this idea of Palestine being non-Jewish (read Arab) is relatively recent. Palestinian as you and yours use it now is pretty much a new term, so what it describes is also new. Hell, in his authorized biography Yasser Arafat says he created the Palestinians. And that may be true.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:37 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
And no offense Beave, but claiming Gaza is under Israeli control is ridiculous.

It is under partial Israeli control. Try being a fisherman there and you'll find that out pronto. It differs from the future West Bank Bantustans Naftali Bennett would like to see in that does have a border with another country and so is not completely sealed off at the moment.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:50 pm

Sunnyways Sunnyways:
N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:

It is under partial Israeli control. Try being a fisherman there and you'll find that out pronto. It differs from the future West Bank Bantustans Naftali Bennett would like to see in that does have a border with another country and so is not completely sealed off at the moment.

What? You mean the blockade? That's enforced by Israel and Egypt.

I think that group of nations they call the "Quartet on the Middle East" has something to do with it too.

But you know that business of firing rockets into Israel or digging tunnels to hopefully one day send soldiers through to attack Israel, or hiding armaments in schools or setting up war rooms in hospitals, or dragging bodies through the streets behind motorcycles on the suspicion the dragees might have been Israeli agents? Believe it or not Israel had nothing to do with any of that and some might say if they did in truth have some sort of control over Gaza they wouldn't allow such things.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:44 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Sunnyways Sunnyways:
N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:

What? You mean the blockade? That's enforced by Israel and Egypt.

I think that group of nations they call the "Quartet on the Middle East" has something to do with it too.

But you know that business of firing rockets into Israel or digging tunnels to hopefully one day send soldiers through to attack Israel, or hiding armaments in schools or setting up war rooms in hospitals, or dragging bodies through the streets behind motorcycles on the suspicion the dragees might have been Israeli agents? Believe it or not Israel had nothing to do with any of that and some might say if they did in truth have some sort of control over Gaza they wouldn't allow such things.

So you actually admit Israel has some control over Gaza? So Israeli control here is not, in fact, ridiculous as you earlier claimed?

Whatever the reasons, it is simply false to claim that at this time Israel has no control over Gaza.

https://www.hrw.org/report/2017/04/02/u ... ts-workers

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:54 am

The IDF only involve themselves in Gaza when the terrorists start lobbing rockets at farms and towns. A large number of the IDF that patrol Judea and Samaria are themselves Arab Israeli volunteers.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:31 am

The IDF only involve themselves in Gaza when the terrorists start lobbing rockets at farms and towns. A large number of the IDF that patrol Judea and Samaria are themselves Arab Israeli volunteers.

The Israelis and the Egyptians also cooperate on destroying the tunnels that the terrorists in Gaza insist on building.

Israel recently killed about eight terrorists when they blew up a tunnel that was being dug from Gaza into Israel.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:53 pm

Gaza remains partially under Israeli control. That is obvious to anyone with functioning eyes.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:56 pm

Sunnyways Sunnyways:

So you actually admit Israel has some control over Gaza? So Israeli control here is not, in fact, ridiculous as you earlier claimed?

Well if we're going to nitpick, let's do it.

Israel, Egypt and, I think, the Quartet of the Middle East put pressure on Hamas to behave - just as other international bad actors may be pressured by things like sanctions or if you would prefer controls placed upon them by other international bodies or concerned groups of nations. Iran and North Korea jump to mind.

But does that mean Gaza is under Israeli - and the implication was exclusively Israeli - control? No. That, as previously stated, would be ridiculous.

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:59 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Sunnyways Sunnyways:

Well if we're going to nitpick, let's do it.

Israel, Egypt and, I think, the Quartet of the Middle East put pressure on Hamas to behave - just as other international bad actors may be pressured by things like sanctions or if you would prefer controls placed upon them by other international bodies or concerned groups of nations.

But does that mean Gaza is under Israeli - and the implication was exclusively Israeli - control? No. That, as previously stated, would be ridiculous.

This is not nit-picking. It your right to travel was restricted by a foreign country, you would notice it, I think.

If you restrict the travel of students trying to leave where they live to go to a third country, you are exerting control over them and their homeland.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 68191.html

http://gisha.org/updates/8107

To suggest otherwise is ridiculous. Like the boycott this punishes people indiscriminately.

Last edited by Sunnyways on Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:02 pm

rickc rickc:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Now go fuck yourself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_co ... _in_Canada
it would appear as though diddling 14 year olds was all the rage in canada forty years ago as well, seeing as how the age of consent was 14 years old. the age of consent was not raised from 14 to 16 years of age until 2008. wtf? 2008? all these people taking potshots at alabama,yet they had an age of consent of 16 years old back in 1920.
http://chnm.gmu.edu/cyh/case-studies/23 ... &source=24

Dude, cool off. What people were upset about is Moore being 30ish at the time. And I do believe that here there was some sort of age descrepancy clause written into our old laws. If I remember correctly the law stated that a 14 year old could choose to have sex with someone near their own age, not with some aged pervert. I am going on recall here and may be wrong. Alabama has the right to set its own laws.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:10 pm

The cross-over between statutory rape and age of consent has been cleared up in most states but can still be confusing. The main point with Moore is that, even in a highly religious place like Alabama, and older guy creeping on teen girls is still not acceptable, even if some of them try to justify it behind Old Testament verses and tales. Set all the jokes about the South aside because even they aren't anything like the Middle-East kingdom of the Hebrews was four thousand years ago so shit behaviour like that remains completely wrong.

Look at it from another angle and what Roy Moore was doing with these girls wasn't all that far away from what other "godly" men like Warren Jeffs and David Koresh were up to. It's not just sickening, even among the vast majority of religious people, it's actively criminal.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 8  9  10  11  12  13  14 ... 18  Next