Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2018-05-25 08:22:03
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:25 am

Of all the stupid things the Trudeau/Butts regime has done or considered doing, setting up an Islamic arm in the Canadian military could turn out to be the stupidest.

Give it 30 years and see what I mean.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:30 am

I don’t agree with the concept. But just for the sake of accuracy regarding Fiddles post, nowhere does it say the “foreigners” would be given their own units.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:41 am

Who said they would be given their own units?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:07 am

"Military looks at foreign recruits to boost ranks"

Because this idea worked out so well for the Roman Empire. :|

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:44 am

or we could follow Mer-kuh's lead and just deport them after they've served.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:48 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
"Military looks at foreign recruits to boost ranks"

Because this idea worked out so well for the Roman Empire. :|

Neither did hiring mercenaries...but you guys call them 'contractors' so I'm sure that's all good, right? :wink:

FWIW, your country also allows foreigners to serve, and it hasn't affected the US military has it?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:55 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Of all the stupid things the Trudeau/Butts regime has done or considered doing, setting up an Islamic arm in the Canadian military could turn out to be the stupidest.

Give it 30 years and see what I mean.

Yep, that lone chap from the UAE is certainly going to be a threat in 30 years when he's joined another 10 or 15 of his fellow countrymen.

$1:
In June 2014, the Conservatives established a new program that allowed foreign nationals who served with the Forces to apply for fast-tracked citizenship. According to figures provided by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, 98 applicants out of 109 have been approved to date.

Of those applicants, 56 were from England; the remainder came from a long list of countries, including Australia, Germany, Hungary, Singapore, South Africa, the United Arab Emirates and the U.S.

Perhaps you should actually read the article before posting your kool-aid talking points from the mothership.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:57 am

I am opposed to foreigners serving in the US military. Let them get their citizenship and THEN enlist if they wish, but military service should not be reduced into an easy way for someone to obtain citizenship.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vegas Golden Knights
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:14 am

History is riddled with successful integration, via military service, of foreigners.

Almost every single unit, on the list of the world's oldest and continuously serving outfits, has or currently, accepts foreigners and allows military service to expedite citizenship.

One of them, ironically, has the distinction of being 100% foreign, and mercenary (for Boots and Bart)....but I don't think they can confer citizenship due to the mercenary status. I do actual wonder if they refer to themselves as contractors, or mercs, or what?

I am going to say that if it has worked for a couple thousand years, it should definitely be doable today.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vegas Golden Knights
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:22 am

I don't understand the Roman part Bart?

Rome was built on the backs of foreign born legions trying to become Roman citizens.

Rome was a city state that grew into an empire, if they relied entirely on Roman born citizens, they would never have made it the top of the pile in Italy, let alone Europe, ME, and North Africa.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:37 am

$1:

He's referring to all the Germans who served in the legions, who used their training after release to go back and train their own tribesmen, and in the end, sacked and overthrew the Empire.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:40 am

peck420 peck420:

Rome was built on the backs of foreign born legions trying to become Roman citizens.

No, foreigners were let in to the army and became citizens AFTER the Empire had been
created by war by a Latin Roman army.

Big difference.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vegas Golden Knights
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:42 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
$1:

He's referring to all the Germans who served in the legions, who used their training after release to go back and train their own tribesmen, and in the end, sacked and overthrew the Empire.

Oh, he means the part when Rome started to treat their allies similar to how the US is treating it's allies today?

I can see his cause for concern.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:58 am

Any Brits coming here would be wasting their time joining our military considering it's been wrecked even worse by irresponsibly devastating budget cuts than the British forces back home have been.