bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:50 pm

herbie herbie:
Oh Jeez you damn snivellers you weren't even paying for the subsidy, the big companies did so out of cap & trade. The program the coalburner Ford had to kill to play up to the deadbeats, diniers and defenders of anything Wynne did must be destroyed.
Gee, policy sound familiar?
Yeah, Trudeau after Harper.

As for "coalburner" Ford, uh, there are no coal-fired plants in Ontario. Nor are there any plans to build any. Ontario already generates way too much electricity. I mean, what the fuck kind of plan is it when you pay Hydro Quebec market rates to take excess power off your hands, who then sells it to the US for market rates? Pretty sweet eh? Ontario ratepayers subsidizing Hydro Quebec all thanks to the Ontario Libtards. There's a reason the Ontario voters punished them severely. And now they're whining to Ford to change the rules just for them. :lol:

And crap and trade? Oh yeah, what a brilliant partnership the Wynned Bag got us into. The two most heavily indebted sub-sovereign states joining forces with what is regarded as the most corrupt province or state in the US and Canada.

As for this
$1:
Oh Jeez you damn snivellers you weren't even paying for the subsidy, the big companies did so out of cap & trade.
You can polish that turd all you want but it still boils down to those cap and trade costs that ultimately get passed down to the consumer so yeah, we still paid for it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:32 am

Blah blah blah... I get to save a few pennies....
the coalburner comment's towards the attitude, not literal FFS.

BC has too much electricity too and is building the SiteC dam anyway, do I see them fucking up what's going to be the market of the future? Do I lose sleep because over the last 15 years the carbon tax in my gas up has crept to $2 a tank?

I'm glad there's no Conservative party here. Get everyone worked up over the deficit and the FIRST thing they do is cut their own revenue stream? Political ignoroids, ideology over common sense.
Ford could've made the same point by refusing any increases, fighting the whole term with the feds over it and promising to remove it. Pocket the money until the final year of the mandate and end it then. Promise kept, issue dragged out, money in the bank.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:58 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
Internal combustion. It's awesome.

-J.

Oh . . wait . . .

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:01 am

Electric cars have scary acceleration.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:06 am

If they can get an energy density the same as gasoline, they will become the new norm.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:14 am

for sure. I'd like to think I'm doing my part to save the environment.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:14 am

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, kids will point to Tesla plug-in parking meterstations asking their parents: "What the hell is that? What did you guys do with that??" and nobody will know.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:20 am

CharlesAnthony CharlesAnthony:
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, kids will point to Tesla plug-in parking meterstations asking their parents: "What the hell is that? What did you guys do with that??" and nobody will know.

I'm sorry, is this in the future or in the past? Are these aliens?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:24 am

llama66 llama66:

Electric cars are not realistic for most people who buy them because they don't install the required charging station to give the car full charge.

Last edited by BRAH on Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:25 am

llama66 llama66:
I'm sorry, is this in the future or in the past? Are these aliens?
I am sorry. Are you talking about Tesla drivers?? or their media whores???

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:27 am

BRAH BRAH:
Electric cars are not realistic for most people who buy them because they don't install the required charging station to give the car full charge.

I like the concept, but absolutely, you need the charging station to make the most of the car.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:29 am

BRAH BRAH:
llama66 llama66:

You can still get a full charge with a regular household plug. Just takes much longer.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:37 am

Coach85 Coach85:
BRAH BRAH:
llama66 llama66:

You can still get a full charge with a regular household plug. Just takes much longer.

You can also get a home charging station that operates off 240v 3p to charge it the same as the free 'Supercharging' stations.

https://www.tesla.com/en_CA/support/hom ... stallation