CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:44 am

Your move flat-earthers....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:53 am

I thought the photos from Apollo 8 showing the earth being spheroid would have settled that. I guess not, in fact, I'm told the US Vice Presidents Fundamentalist Bible church refuses to acknowledge anything that contradicts the bible including the fact that the earth isn't flat.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:02 am

llama66 llama66:

If the Earth is flat, why have we never seen a picture of the edge? :idea:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:41 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

0:
edge.jpg
edge.jpg [ 37.77 KiB | Viewed 347 times ]

Live look from Flat-Earth Control Centre.....

ROTFL

-J.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:57 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

0:
edge.jpg

Live look from Flat-Earth Control Centre.....

ROTFL

-J.

The super fundamentalist The Bible is Infallible group might use this photo as undeniable proof that and evidence to suggest that the earth is not spheroid, but flat as the bible says. Any photos from space or centuries of scientific evidence accumulated over the centuries have got to be false. We are quite comfortable with having our heads up and locked.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:05 am

GreenTiger GreenTiger:
The super fundamentalist The Bible is Infallible group might use this photo as undeniable proof that and evidence to suggest that the earth is not spheroid, but flat as the bible says. Any photos from space or centuries of scientific evidence accumulated over the centuries have got to be false. We are quite comfortable with having our heads up and locked.

I always loved those guys. It was the ancient Greeks around the same time, I believe, who used the pole and shadow method to not only determine the Earth was round but how big around it was. And they were accurate to within a few kilometres.

But the Bible is all "LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!".

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:53 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
llama66 llama66:

Because if you get near the ice wall that keeps the water in they shoot you.

^ Actual argument from flat earthers.

I've always wanted to start my own theory and see if I can make it have traction. The amount of man power needed to staff a shoot on sight ice wall is immense. I want to spread that China's one child policy is how it's staffed, anyone who has another child has it taken away and sent to the ice wall.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:10 am

Tricks Tricks:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
llama66 llama66:

Because if you get near the ice wall that keeps the water in they shoot you.

^ Actual argument from flat earthers.

I've always wanted to start my own theory and see if I can make it have traction. The amount of man power needed to staff a shoot on sight ice wall is immense. I want to spread that China's one child policy is how it's staffed, anyone who has another child has it taken away and sent to the ice wall.

Retarded is not a strong enough word. How someone in light of overwhelming empirical and physical evidence is fucking brain dead. truly.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:16 am

GreenTiger GreenTiger:
I thought the photos from Apollo 8 showing the earth being spheroid would have settled that. I guess not, in fact, I'm told the US Vice Presidents Fundamentalist Bible church refuses to acknowledge anything that contradicts the bible including the fact that the earth isn't flat.

There is nothing in the Bible that speaks to the earth being flat, round, or even rhomboid.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:22 am

llama66 llama66:

Retarded is not a strong enough word. How someone in light of overwhelming empirical and physical evidence is fucking brain dead. truly.

None of that evidence is real.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:28 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
GreenTiger GreenTiger:

There is nothing in the Bible that speaks to the earth being flat, round, or even rhomboid.

Very true. They've taken passages and twisted them such as the following:

Isaiah 40:22
22 He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

Job 26:10
10 He marks out the horizon on the face of the waters for a boundary between light and darkness.

Matthew 4:8
8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor.

Revelation 7:1
1 After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree.

I think it also stems from many passages referring to the earth as un-moving.

Chronicles 16:30
30 Tremble before him, all the earth! The world is firmly established; it cannot be moved.

They think because it says the earth doesn't move, shit as to revolve around the earth. And it's just spun out of control from there.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:40 am

Tricks Tricks:
Very true. They've taken passages and twisted them such as the following:

Isaiah 40:22
22 He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

Job 26:10
10 He marks out the horizon on the face of the waters for a boundary between light and darkness.

Matthew 4:8
8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor.

Revelation 7:1
1 After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree.

I think it also stems from many passages referring to the earth as un-moving.

Chronicles 16:30
30 Tremble before him, all the earth! The world is firmly established; it cannot be moved.

They think because it says the earth doesn't move, shit as to revolve around the earth. And it's just spun out of control from there.

Oh, the fundamentalists are so friggin' frustrating. You don't know the half of it.

:evil:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:48 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
llama66 llama66:

They're just pictures. Pictures can be manipulated. Fake news!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:49 am

The Quran and the Hadiths are more clear. They tell us there are seven earths spread out like carpets and the sun sets in a murky pool:

$1:
The fact that the Earth is not flat has been known for thousands of years. The Ancient Greeks Pythagoras (570 - 495 BC), Aristotle (384 - 322 BC) and Hipparchus (190 - 120 BC) all knew this. The Indian astronomer and mathematician, Aryabhata (476 - 550 AD) knew this. And so did the early Christian scholars Anicius Boëthius (480 - 524 AD), Bishop Isidore of Seville (560 - 636 AD), Bishop Rabanus Maurus (780 - 856 AD), the monk Bede (672 - 735 AD), Bishop Vergilius of Salzburg (700 - 784 AD) and Thomas Aquinas (1225 - 1274 AD). In fact, contrary to what we are often told, the sphericity of the Earth was common knowledge among early medieval Europeans[2] and the Holy Roman Empire from as early as 395 AD used an orb to represent the spherical Earth.[3]

If the Qur'an is a letter-by-letter dictation from Allah, it should also concur with this fact that was known throughout the world before its revelation, and it should contradict the flat Earth model widely believed in by the 7th century Bedouins of Arabia. Yet the evidence is that the Qur'an supports the flat Earth model (as well as geocentrism).

For plentiful evidence that the earliest Muslims believed in a flat Earth, and a discussion of the failed attempts by ibn Taymiyyah and others to demonstrate that they believed in a round Earth, see the article Did Muhammad and the Earliest Muslims Know the Earth is Round?.

https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Flat_Earth_and_the_Quran