Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:07 am

llama66 llama66:
Most of her platform would be unconstitutional anyways. I don't think she ever intended to win.

Is it? Show me. Here's her platform at her campaign site.

https://www.faithfortoronto.ca/

Here's the ad the Toronto media took money for then refused to show at the last minute.

She lays out her platform. Show me what's unconstitutional.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:30 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Mainstreet Polling took her name off the ballot when it turned out she was more popular than she was suppose to be. That's censorship. Keeping the 3rd most popular candidate from debates then offering spots to those nobody has heard of is censorship.

You're delusional.

She dropped off the polling results because her numbers dropped. It went down to 1.5% and then fell off the charts. More media attention caused her numbers to DROP and you want more media attention for your unemployed loser?

She's irrelevant.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:35 am

Coach85 Coach85:
N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Mainstreet Polling took her name off the ballot when it turned out she was more popular than she was suppose to be. That's censorship. Keeping the 3rd most popular candidate from debates then offering spots to those nobody has heard of is censorship.

You're delusional.

She dropped off the polling results because her numbers dropped. It went down to 1.5% and then fell off the charts. More media attention caused her numbers to DROP and you want more media attention for your unemployed loser?

She's irrelevant.

She dropped off the polling results because she was dropped off the polling results. :idea:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:36 am

She talks about Affordable housing for people born in Toronto, conflicts with 15(1) and possibly (2), also 6(2)(a) and (b) and 6(3)(a) and (b) of the CCRF.

TAVIS program technically conflicts with 7, 8, 9, and 10(a) (not to mention section 15 again) of the CCRF, primarily pertaining to Search and Detention arising from the policy of stop and card.

Evacuation of "illegals" still violates federal and international laws, she can't just load "illegals" onto a but and dump them in Ottawa or wherever.

The "extremist audit" targeting muslims will run afoul of 2(a) of the CCRF

Some of her platform looks good, I like the idea of Architectural Standards, Heritage protection, Tailgating and defunding the non-inclusive parades but some of her platform is based on some pretty unconstitutional shit.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:50 am

The most beneficial political platform in the universe means nothing if it comes from someone who hangs out with Andrew Anglin, or thinks that a demented psychopath like Corneliu Codreanu had some "interesting" ideas. Why is this so hard for them to understand? :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:27 am

Much less the very obvious fact that someone with no experience managing so much as lemonade stand is wholly unqualified to manage an $11 Billion enterprise with over 35,000 employees and nearly 3 million direct stakeholders and has the power to pass laws and control services that directly affect people’s lives .

That’s the problem with these right wing nuts today. They think spouting off hyperbolic and controversial opinions is the only thing that qualifies a person for office, and that an elected official’s job is nothing more than sitting on their throne and ruling by decree and rapid-fire snap judgments on topics they have zero knowledge or understanding of. Management is a lot harder than that and an inexperienced, irrelevant know-nothing extremist like Goldy is so horribly unqualified that she doesn’t even begin to understand how horribly unqualified she is.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:46 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
She’s not a journalist. Full stop. Spouting off on s webcam doesn’t make someone a journalist.

“White genocide” s a made up white supremicist concept and its her pet cause which she harps on constantly. She gave a speech called “Ethnocide: Multiculturalism and European Canadian Identity”.

No King of Wrong. She did not. She wrote a speech. She likes attention grabbing titles. She was to deliver the lecture at Wilfrid University. A censorious mob of NPCs screamed programmed outrage outside and pulled the fire alarm. Authorities cancelled the event. Neither you or anybody else knows what was in that speech. As always 'you got nothin.'

$1:
She publicly endorsed a 1930s fascist book “For My Legionaries,” which called for the elimination of the Jews. She said it was “very very spot on “. There’s the 14 words and her comments on the “JQ” that I mentioned earlier.

She told an interviewer she had just started the book but found the bit she'd read "spot on." Spot on appeared to reference something Faith and the Interviewer had been talking about but the video had that bit of their conversation cut out. At least that was the case in the one I found. It's an obscure video. I found it from an Antifa site. She's not an anti-semite. She supports a one-state solution for Israel with Israel in charge and supports their wall. She opposes the BDS (Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions) movement that boycotts Israeli goods. She believes the Judeo-Christian belief system was the core to the development and evolution of Western civilization. She approves.

Faith responded to a joking request from an audience member on a podcast to recite the 14 words. With a smile on her face she said she would because there's nothing wrong with them in themselves. The problem with them is they come from a white nationalist source. The words themselves make a rational and supportable point.

$1:
Her online merchandise is sold in partnership with white identity group “ID Canada” and it goes on.

Currently Identitarians are mostly white and they're nationalists. At present groups like Generation Identity in Europe and ID Canada here try not to cross the line to become "White Nationalists." That means officially they are not pushing for a segregated white nation nor do they officially hate non-whites. They prefer retaining the laws, cultures, values and standards that defined the west. They believe immigrants allowed into this country should also prioritize those values. They support integration but oppose multi-cultural prioritizing.

Faith defines what she actually believes here.

$1:
She’s an irrelevant racist loser with zero appeal

If she is irrelevant why are you still here on the 8th page trying so hard and unsuccessfully to demonize her?

Here she is answering the specific question (among others) is she a racist. The answer is no.

In short and as always, you don't have a clue what you're talking about. You've got some labels to smear somebody with. What else is new? Faith calls such labels nothing more than Alinskyite slurs translating into "heretic in the modern world." They're lies.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:57 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Much less the very obvious fact that someone with no experience managing so much as lemonade stand is wholly unqualified to manage an $11 Billion enterprise with over 35,000 employees and nearly 3 million direct stakeholders and has the power to pass laws and control services that directly affect people’s lives.

Really? Now tell us why you support and ex-substitute teacher/snowboard instructor for Prime Minister.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:59 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Much less the very obvious fact that someone with no experience managing so much as lemonade stand is wholly unqualified to manage an $11 Billion enterprise with over 35,000 employees and nearly 3 million direct stakeholders and has the power to pass laws and control services that directly affect people’s lives.

Really? Now tell us why you support and ex-substitute teacher/snowboard instructor for Prime Minister.

Kinda going to support both sides with this...

Because "democracy" is supposed to be "of the people; for the people"

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:35 am

llama66 llama66:
She talks about Affordable housing for people born in Toronto, conflicts with 15(1) and possibly (2), also 6(2)(a) and (b) and 6(3)(a) and (b) of the CCRF.

Let's talk specifics. Faith does sometimes.

As far as taxing foreign buyers? Isn't BC doing that. I thought we were. I know we were talking about it.

She says she wants to relieve tax pressure on first time Torontoian buyers. Are you saying she can't do that? I'm not sure specifically why not. Show me.

$1:
TAVIS program technically conflicts with 7, 8, 9, and 10(a) (not to mention section 15 again) of the CCRF, primarily pertaining to Search and Detention arising from the policy of stop and card.

This is a legal question and unless you can show me specifically where it's been resolved I will call it your opinion and the Powers that Be's excuse.

$1:
Evacuation of "illegals" still violates federal and international laws, she can't just load "illegals" onto a but and dump them in Ottawa or wherever.

You may have a point there. I can't find where Faith explains specifically how she would do that. I'm not even sure what she means by the ostensibly half facetious promise to:

"Evacuate all illegal migrants from Toronto’s shelter system by bus to the Prime Minister’s official residence, or the nearest jurisdiction that will take them"

I know Toronto receives millions of dollars in funding from the Feds to facilitate the comforts of the illegals. Can Toronto refuse it? Is Toronto offering any funding on its own.

I know there's this that Mayor Goldy could cancel without breaking federal and international laws.

"On Thursday, City Council voted in favour of Motion CD 18.5 — the so-called 'access without fear' motion — making Toronto Canada's first city with a formal policy allowing undocumented migrants access to City services such as foodbanks and homeless shelters.

The rationale of the 'don't ask don't tell' style policy is that some undocumented immigrants are causing themselves harm because they don't access services out of fear of detention or deportation.

"I think this is a historic moment,” Councillor Joe Mihevc told reporters according to Now Toronto.

"We’re saying we are a ‘Sanctuary City,’ and that anyone who is in the City of Toronto will be able to access all the services that the City of Toronto offers.

"That’s the kind of city that we want. We want to open our arms to anyone who comes here. While they’re here, mi casa es su casa."
"

But without knowing specifically what Faith plans to do I'm not sure I understand how you know specifically that it's illegal.

$1:

This one, right?

"I will launch a Special Research Desk on Islamic Extremism to monitor finances in and out of Toronto Islamic centres. Additionally, any religious organization found to be preaching violence against identifiable groups will be dealt with according to Canadian Law"

Section 2a of the charter deals with freedom of conscience and religion.

Are you saying that protects people "preaching violence against identifiable groups?" Does it specifically defend foreign groups or nations from allowing Canada to monitor their Canadian investments? Show me.

$1:
Some of her platform looks good, I like the idea of Architectural Standards, Heritage protection, Tailgating and defunding the non-inclusive parades but some of her platform is based on some pretty unconstitutional shit.

Agreed but I personally could like all of it if she can do what she says within the law.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:42 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
llama66 llama66:

Let's talk specifics. Faith does sometimes.

As far as taxing foreign buyers? Isn't BC doing that. I thought we were. I know we were talking about it.

She says she wants to relieve tax pressure on first time Torontoian buyers. Are you saying she can't do that? I'm not sure specifically why not. Show me.

$1:

This is a legal question and unless you can show me specifically where it's been resolved I will call it your opinion and the Powers that Be's excuse.

$1:

You may have a point there. I can't find where Faith explains specifically how she would do that. I'm not even sure what she means by the ostensibly half facetious promise to:

"Evacuate all illegal migrants from Toronto’s shelter system by bus to the Prime Minister’s official residence, or the nearest jurisdiction that will take them"

I know Toronto receives millions of dollars in funding from the Feds to facilitate the comforts of the illegals. Can Toronto refuse it? Is Toronto offering any funding on its own.

I know there's this that Mayor Goldy could cancel without breaking federal and international laws.

"On Thursday, City Council voted in favour of Motion CD 18.5 — the so-called 'access without fear' motion — making Toronto Canada's first city with a formal policy allowing undocumented migrants access to City services such as foodbanks and homeless shelters.

The rationale of the 'don't ask don't tell' style policy is that some undocumented immigrants are causing themselves harm because they don't access services out of fear of detention or deportation.

"I think this is a historic moment,” Councillor Joe Mihevc told reporters according to Now Toronto.

"We’re saying we are a ‘Sanctuary City,’ and that anyone who is in the City of Toronto will be able to access all the services that the City of Toronto offers.

"That’s the kind of city that we want. We want to open our arms to anyone who comes here. While they’re here, mi casa es su casa."
"

But without knowing specifically what Faith plans to do I'm not sure I understand how you know specifically that it's illegal.

$1:

This one, right?

"I will launch a Special Research Desk on Islamic Extremism to monitor finances in and out of Toronto Islamic centres. Additionally, any religious organization found to be preaching violence against identifiable groups will be dealt with according to Canadian Law"
I also forgot to include it probably violate section 15 which reads;
15. (1) Every individual is equal before and under the law and has the right to the equal protection and equal benefit of the law without discrimination and, in particular, without discrimination based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability.
(2) Subsection (1) does not preclude any law, program or activity that has as its object the amelioration of conditions of disadvantaged individuals or groups including those that are disadvantaged because of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability.

Section 2a of the charter deals with freedom of conscience and religion.

Are you saying that protects people "preaching violence against identifiable groups?" Does it specifically defend foreign groups or nations from allowing Canada to monitor their Canadian investments? Show me.

$1:

Agreed but I personally could like all of it if she can do what she says within the law.

Thats the issue, Some of her platform is not "within the law".

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:57 am

llama66 llama66:
Thats the issue, Some of her platform is not "within the law".

Still waiting for you to specifically show me why you think you know that. Specifically how do you know specifically how Faith plans to go about making good on her promises and how do you know those plans of action specifically are illegal?

I look at it more like Trump's campaign promises. He's been able to follow through on some of them. Good for him. Is it all legal? He gets fought in the courts with lawfare on just about everything but he's still managed deliver on a surprising amount of this promises.

Will he ever build a wall? Possibly or at least something like it. Will Mexico pay for it. Not likely.

I take some of Faith's and everybody else's campaign promise with a grain of salt. Nevertheless, I believe she's sincere and when I get around to showing you how she's been campaigning from dusk till dawn you'll see how determined she is. She would definitely do something concerning those promises. How successful she would be is something we'll most likely never know.

Not this time as a result of this election anyway.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:40 pm

I quoted the Charter, which every other law in Canada has to comply with. Bro, seriously grab a copy of Martin's Criminal Code or read the Constitution Act. It lays out that discrimination, which is what she is doing violates the Charter, the Criminal Code, and the fucking Human Rights Act. Just because you don't agree or fail to understand how the discrimination and the law interact is not my problem. As my law professor once said, Ignorance is no excuse.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:26 pm

llama66 llama66:
I quoted the Charter, which every other law in Canada has to comply with. Bro, seriously grab a copy of Martin's Criminal Code or read the Constitution Act. It lays out that discrimination, which is what she is doing violates the Charter, the Criminal Code, and the fucking Human Rights Act. Just because you don't agree or fail to understand how the discrimination and the law interact is not my problem. As my law professor once said, Ignorance is no excuse.

Ignorance isn't an excuse for Fiddle. It's a reality.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:14 pm

Coach85 Coach85:
llama66 llama66:

Ignorance isn't an excuse for Fiddle. It's a reality.

Oh lucky us. Mr. Knows Everything has deigned to lend us the benefit of his infinite knowledge.

Very well, he who knows, start with the first one.

Llama is under the impression that because he has a general idea the Charter conflicts with with something reguarding Housing that Faith can't find options to offer affordable housing.

Yet Faith believes she can bring housing prices down by taxing foreign buyers and offering municipal tax cuts.

Very Well, great Maven on the Mount, oh giant head of knowledge, if Faith can't do the first one there because it allegedly contravenes the charter in some way, explain how Vancouver is doing exactly what Faith wants to do?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/ ... buyers-tax

Unpuff yourself, you clown. Shuffle off to the back of the line of clueless and wait your turn to redeem yourself.

Generalities of what is in a constitution can't address specific questions until they're specifically queried and challenged. Such questions definitely can't be answered until you know the specifics of what's proposed.

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next