PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:32 am

This is the ad in question:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:25 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
So censorship is okay so long as it's someone who doesn't believe in what you do. I have to agree with Ms Goldy that her right to free speech is being infringed upon by a media giant who quite obviously opposes her views or, was paid more by her competitors.

It's not like she asked them to bake her a cake or anything.

Maybe she should have, then every left wing looney would have been right there beside her demanding they air her ads. But the cake argument is apples and oranges unless of course you can prove that Bell Canada has a strong religious belief that would preclude it from airing ad's from far right Conservatives.

As it stands now a mindless Corporation with no other beliefs than the almighty dollar is preventing her from airing an ad she payed for which, makes their actions even if you agree, stifling "free speech".

But, what nobody's talking about is the real reason for Bell's cowardly actions. By giving no explanation for cancelling the ad it became quite apparent that the real reason for those actions is that they've been cowed into submission by the lunatics on the left to whom a differing opinion is anathema to heresy and must be silenced at all costs.

So, Bell had better hope that Goldy's ad can somehow be twisted into hate speech because if it isn't they won't have a leg to stand on. But that likely won't matter because the champions of free speech really don't want free speech unless of course it suits their agenda.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:52 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
So censorship is okay so long as it's someone who doesn't believe in what you do. I have to agree with Ms Goldy that her right to free speech is being infringed upon by a media giant who quite obviously opposes her views or, was paid more by her competitors.

Maybe she should have, then every left wing looney would have been right there beside her demanding they air her ads. But the cake argument is apples and oranges unless of course you can prove that Bell Canada has a strong religious belief that would preclude it from airing ad's from far right Conservatives.

As it stands now a mindless Corporation with no other beliefs than the almighty dollar is preventing her from airing an ad she payed for which, makes their actions even if you agree, stifling "free speech".

But, what nobody's talking about is the real reason for Bell's cowardly actions. By giving no explanation for cancelling the ad it became quite apparent that the real reason for those actions is that they've been cowed into submission by the lunatics on the left to whom a differing opinion is anathema to heresy and must be silenced at all costs.

So, Bell had better hope that Goldy's ad can somehow be twisted into hate speech because if it isn't they won't have a leg to stand on. But that likely won't matter because the champions of free speech really don't want free speech unless of course it suits their agenda.

You could also argue that Bell made a purely financial decision based on it's business needs, and said "well, 99% of our customers think this lady is a racist crackpot, so we'd rather not risk annoying our customer base and give her her 10k back". You could say it's no different than Walmart refusing to buy products made with child labour because they don't want to irritate their shoppers.

I'm not saying I agree with Bell, that's for the courts to decide.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:58 am

This one is as hateful as Faith ads get and you'd have to be in a trance of SJW lunacy or wearing blinders like the progressive media is insisting on to suggest there's hate in it.

Attachments:
Faith Goldy campaign poster.JPG
Faith Goldy campaign poster.JPG [ 92.57 KiB | Viewed 1256 times ]
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:01 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
This one is as hateful as Faith ads get and you'd have to be in a trance of SJW lunacy or wearing blinders like the progressive media is insisting on to suggest there's hate in it.

Faith is clearly a racist who won't do anything to protect the rights of illegal alien non-citizens to access government subsidies.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:03 am

Progs with their antifa and SJW warrior bees have been tearing those posters down.

Now that's hateful.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:21 am

Prof_Chomsky Prof_Chomsky:
You could also argue that Bell made a purely financial decision based on it's business needs, and said "well, 99% of our customers think this lady is a racist crackpot, so we'd rather not risk annoying our customer base and give her her 10k back". You could say it's no different than Walmart refusing to buy products made with child labour because they don't want to irritate their shoppers.

Oh, i'm sure it's financial but that doesn't mitigate the fact that they took her money and then when the looney tune universe went off the rails decided to pull the ad.

Like I said in my original post, the best way for Bell to mitigate this issue before it becomes a full blown disaster is to pull all the Mayoral Race ad's. The only thing they'd lose is the usual nutjobs who wouldn't be happy till Faith Goldy was crucified on the corner of Bloor and Yonge anyway.

The rest of their customers would likely be satisfied with the outcome. Alas, it's probably to late for that now though and you're right. The court will have to decide the merit of Goldy's claim which will keep this embarrassment in the news for alot longer than Bell could or would have wanted.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:22 am

Now, if I move back to Toronto, having been born in Vancouver(but growing up in T.O/K-W); will I get affordable housing, or is that something only native born Torontonians get?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:53 am

The court will have to decide the merit of Goldy's claim which will keep this embarrassment in the news for alot longer than Bell could or would have wanted.

I've been developing a private little conspiracy theory and I think it's fun so I'll share it.

To make sense of it though you have to be up on the Canadian, Conservative, YouTube scene.

Faith has friends who have a public presence - mostly on social media. They've been silent on this controversy. I find that curious.

We're talking about people like Lauren Southern, Gavin McInnes, that Menzies guy from Rebel who covers the Toronto beat. In fact, Faith insists she's still friends with Ezra and all we've heard from Rebel is crickets on this matter.

So what would explain this?

Well, Fath's closest ally in the public eye would be Lauren Southern. She recently tweeted a thumbs to Faith on her campaign but that's all she's offered.

Recently Lauren resigned as a YouTuber. She claimed she's only going to be doing Documentaries now, like her recent one on South Africa.

As far as I know nobody knows what documentary Lauren is working on.

So what if behind the scenes Lauren has been gathering video and interviewing the McInnes's, Levants and Menzies of social media? What if she's been doing a documentary on the whole stinking mess of Toronto's fixed election?

Wouldn't that be great?

Toronto's Progressive elite would have to think twice about trying to fix the next election.

Have faith people of Faith. This one might not even be over when it's over.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:00 pm

Pretty sure that 99% of Bell's customers don't give a damn at all about Faith Goldy or any of the other nonsense going on in TO's election. Why should they anyway, when their biggest problem with Bell is probably the incessant rate hikes and crappy service? Seriously, except for her fan-boys, NO ONE else gives a flying fuck about Goldy or any of the ridiculous bullshit "free speech" arguments she and her cultists are whining about. This load of crap by a bunch of goof YouTube and Twitter right-wingers is about the least important issue this country has seen in the last decade.

Most Canadians aren't right-wing crazies and have no intention of supporting a right-wing crazy in any way, shape, or form. If Goldy even gets one percent of the total vote on election night it'll be a surprise. Seriously, get over yourselves already. :roll:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:19 pm

Prof_Chomsky Prof_Chomsky:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

I'm sure that was the entirety of their deliberation. Which one was better for the bottom line.

But it's not just on religious grounds that you can refuse service, in the UK this week it was found you could do it for free speech too. If her message disagreed with their corporate philosophy (corporations unfortunately have the right of free speech), then they have no obligation to publish her sixteen words.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... dding-cake

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:22 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Pretty sure that 99% of Bell's customers don't give a damn at all about Faith Goldy or any of the other nonsense going on in TO's election. Why should they anyway, when their biggest problem with Bell is probably the incessant rate hikes and crappy service? Seriously, except for her fan-boys, NO ONE else gives a flying fuck about Goldy or any of the ridiculous bullshit "free speech" arguments she and her cultists are whining about. This load of crap by a bunch of goof YouTube and Twitter right-wingers is about the least important issue this country has seen in the last decade.

Most Canadians aren't right-wing crazies and have no intention of supporting a right-wing crazy in any way, shape, or form. If Goldy even gets one percent of the total vote on election night it'll be a surprise. Seriously, get over yourselves already. :roll:

This goes beyond free speech. The Toronto election has been fixed. Although this does show you what starts to happen when free speech starts to die.

In the meantime hang in there and vote, what's left of free Toronto.

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:42 pm

In 2003 current Mayor, John Tory had the same stance on illegal immigrants Faith Goldy does.

Now he claims it's hateful and doesn't think those who share 2003 John's opinion should be allowed to be heard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dhKPyX6GCo

The Progressive elite decide who can be heard in 2018 Toronto and Jello John Tory is their bitch.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:23 pm

Faith Goldy is a failing YouTube camwhore with no other readily available means of generating income. This whole absurd mayoral run and subsequent invented scandals and manufactured outrage is just a pathetic and desperate attempt to getYouTube views from gullible know-nothing idiots while she inevitably fades away into obscurity and irrelevance, just like former right wing idol Milo the pedophilo did.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:40 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Faith Goldy is a failing YouTube camwhore with no other readily available means of generating income. This whole absurd mayoral run and subsequent invented scandals and manufactured outrage is just a pathetic and desperate attempt to getYouTube views from gullible know-nothing idiots while she inevitably fades away into obscurity and irrelevance, just like former right wing idol Milo the pedophilo did.

Jealous?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 ... 12  Next