Category: Health
Posted By: Freakinoldguy
Date: 2018-11-05 10:07:34
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:12 am

Call me crazy but who the fuck needs another narcotic that's 10 times more powerful than fentanyl? Hell they still have carfentanyl which is 100 time more powerful than fentanyl. It really makes you wonder how much money the FDA gets paid under the table by drug companies to make idiotic decisions like this.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:14 am

We all do, Apparently.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:33 am

Because it's got a PATENT silly! What else, should we just let them grow a damn plant for their pain and the shareholders get nothing?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:57 am

Painkillers mask the symptom, they don't cure the problem.

There is no money in curing problems.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:01 pm

For a lot of people the pain is incurable. It isn't fake and they can't just "tough it out" or any of that other crap they get as advice from those who aren't experiencing the same thing.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:11 pm

For the first time in my life, I find myself managing pain over a long time... small fries though, as I'm using Tylenol. But there's a daily limit, so I find myself enduring the pain during the day and making sure I have everything I need to get through the nights.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:15 pm

raydan raydan:
For the first time in my life, I find myself managing pain over a long time... small fries though, as I'm using Tylenol. But there's a daily limit, so I find myself enduring the pain during the day and making sure I have everything I need to get through the nights.

I hear you there. Saved the strong ones so I could sleep a couple hours straight during the night.

Try generic ibuprofen. You want swelling to go down, and it doesn't cause liver toxicity.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:18 pm

Thanos Thanos:
For a lot of people the pain is incurable. It isn't fake and they can't just "tough it out" or any of that other crap they get as advice from those who aren't experiencing the same thing.

Yes and they definitely deserve relief but when we already have the fentanyl twins there is no logical reason to introduce a new narcotic that sits between the two for powerfulness unless or course this drug has some miraculous properties that would make the other two irrelevant. Otherwise this appears to be a very irresponsible decision by the FDA and smacks of gov't patronage.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:21 pm

raydan raydan:

I found the ultimate solution to pain.

Percodan and Crown Royal. Mix liberally.

The daily limit is reached when you can slam your broken collarbone
into the door, and not care. :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:23 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Thanos Thanos:

Yes and they definitely deserve relief but when we already have the fentanyl twins there is no logical reason to introduce a new narcotic that sits between the two for powerfulness unless or course this drug has some miraculous properties that would make the other two irrelevant. Otherwise this appears to be a very irresponsible decision by the FDA and smacks of gov't patronage.

Over time, the body gets used to painkillers. You need something that won't be as toxic as Elephant tranqs, but kills pain better than fentanyl.

I recall when mom was in the final stages of lung cancer, and the radiation burns were bad, she had a fentanyl patch that was strong enough to kill most people if they even touched it. And it was almost not enough. :cry:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:25 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
raydan raydan:

I hear you there. Saved the strong ones so I could sleep a couple hours straight during the night.

Try generic ibuprofen. You want swelling to go down, and it doesn't cause liver toxicity.

Not a good idea since I'm on low-dose aspirin for a while.

$1:
A dangerous combination. Both aspirin and ibuprofen belong to a drug class called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). They have similar side effects, and taking them together increases your risk of these side effects. Aspirin and ibuprofen can cause stomach bleeding, especially if you take too much.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:25 pm

Doesn't Canabinoid (sp) Oil manage pain? Opiates are terrible, especially an Opiate that is 100 times as powerful as Fentanyl. Not trying to sound like a hippy, but we need to invest in more natural ways to manage pain.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:35 pm

raydan raydan:
Not a good idea since I'm on low-dose aspirin for a while.

$1:
A dangerous combination. Both aspirin and ibuprofen belong to a drug class called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). They have similar side effects, and taking them together increases your risk of these side effects. Aspirin and ibuprofen can cause stomach bleeding, especially if you take too much.

Yea, not a good mix. I know Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen work well together, better than either alone. But ASA and Ibuprofen mix about as well as Acetaminophen and alcohol. :(

llama66 llama66:
Doesn't Canabinoid (sp) Oil manage pain? Opiates are terrible, especially an Opiate that is 100 times as powerful as Fentanyl. Not trying to sound like a hippy, but we need to invest in more natural ways to manage pain.

Yes! My sister uses is for chronic foot pain she has, even since it became legal. She was using opioids, but infrequently because of the risks.

CBD gives her 8 - 10 hours of relief, and no risk of addiction or known side effects.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:30 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
raydan raydan:

I'm allergic to ibuprofen.

Headaches are the worst.