Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:40 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Tricks Tricks:
If they implemented it, it's their policy.

If it makes you feel better about the Liberals, sure. But the reality is that all the Conservatives did was bow to the will of Parliament and implement a "previously passed" bill that was supported by every party. Like it or not the architects of this bill are still the Liberals who drafted it, fought for it and got it passed which is something they are continually trying to distance themselves from.

So, whether you think the Conservatives should have obeyed the will of Parliament or not it's still a Liberal bill that was implemented by a bunch of assholes who obviously never gave a second thought to the fact that they were ruining peoples lives, which isn't surprising since they didn't bother to think about that fact when they along with all their colleagues in Parliament voted for it in the first place.

They implemented a bill they supported. It's their policy, they signed off on it. It's pretty simple.

Why would I want to feel better about the Liberals? Four posts before yours I agreed this is nonsense.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:42 am

llama66 llama66:
Being serious, why are we shocked. Treating our Vets like human garbage in a hallmark of Canadian Governance. We deny them the tools to do their jobs when they serve, so why shouldn't we deny them the tools to live when they retire/get discharged. It'll never change. Liberals and Conservatives both don't give a shit about those who've served or the armed service.

Unfortunately that's because the majority of Canadians don't give a shit. They can't seem to rationalize that there is middle ground between the U.S. levels of spending and what we have in Canada.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:49 am

Tricks Tricks:
llama66 llama66:
Being serious, why are we shocked. Treating our Vets like human garbage in a hallmark of Canadian Governance. We deny them the tools to do their jobs when they serve, so why shouldn't we deny them the tools to live when they retire/get discharged. It'll never change. Liberals and Conservatives both don't give a shit about those who've served or the armed service.

Unfortunately that's because the majority of Canadians don't give a shit. They can't seem to rationalize that there is middle ground between the U.S. levels of spending and what we have in Canada.

Absolutely. The government is usually an extension of public will/opinion, and as Churchill once said
$1:
the greatest argument against democracy is a 5 minute discussion with the average voter.
The older I get the more I understand this quote. We'll continue to fuck over the armed service until we realize its importance.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:52 am

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
:(

Pretty sad. Sajjan will retire with a nice fat golden govt pension while his veteran buddies will continue to get fucked.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:02 pm

:(

Attachments:
trudeau-damn-veterans-400x224.jpg
trudeau-damn-veterans-400x224.jpg [ 16.45 KiB | Viewed 432 times ]
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:13 pm

llama66 llama66:

I'm not shocked that Canadians care for more social programs and tax cuts, I'm disheartened.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:35 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
llama66 llama66:

I'm not shocked that Canadians care for more social programs and tax cuts, I'm disheartened.

I'm for Social Programs and Tax Cuts, I'm not for the gutting of the military, and treating Vets and vulnerable Canadians like dog shit.

Dear Leader has committed how many billions to virtue signalling programs?

Pathetic.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:12 pm

Tricks Tricks:
Tricks Tricks:
If they implemented it, it's their policy.

If it makes you feel better about the Liberals, sure. But the reality is that all the Conservatives did was bow to the will of Parliament and implement a "previously passed" bill that was supported by every party. Like it or not the architects of this bill are still the Liberals who drafted it, fought for it and got it passed which is something they are continually trying to distance themselves from.

So, whether you think the Conservatives should have obeyed the will of Parliament or not it's still a Liberal bill that was implemented by a bunch of assholes who obviously never gave a second thought to the fact that they were ruining peoples lives, which isn't surprising since they didn't bother to think about that fact when they along with all their colleagues in Parliament voted for it in the first place.

They implemented a bill they supported. It's their policy, they signed off on it. It's pretty simple.

Why would I want to feel better about the Liberals? Four posts before yours I agreed this is nonsense.

The only problem with that statement is that the New Veterans Charter had already received third reading and Royal Assent.

Canadian Forces Members and Veterans Re-establishment and Compensation Act, S.C. 2005, c. 21. This Act received Royal Assent on 13 May 2005, and came into force on 1 April 2006.

So all the Conservatives were doing was implementing a law that was already on the books. Now, could they have stopped it? The answers is unfortunately no. The Gov't can't stop an already passed law coming into effect. At best they would have to repeal it and that takes time and effort and to be honest I'm not even sure I understand how they repeal laws.

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/act ... age-1.html

Should the Conservative have repealed it. Absolutely but of course they didn't. Remember these are the same people who fought us tooth and nail to keep 28 billion dollars Paul Martin and the Liberals hived off our pension plan to pay down the deficit. So to expect them to do the right thing would have been a stretch.

[

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:22 am

True enough, didn't know it had reached that point. You're right. It shouldn't be considered a Conservative policy.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:38 pm

Tricks Tricks:
True enough, didn't know it had reached that point. You're right. It shouldn't be considered a Conservative policy.

Unfortunately all the parties had a hand in that debacle and all of them should be held accountable, not just the Liberals.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:50 pm

Tricks Tricks:

Unfortunately all the parties had a hand in that debacle and all of them should be held accountable, not just the Liberals.

Definitely. As you said they could have reversed it after the fact and didn't. And it's not like this is new, this has been going on for decades.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:34 pm

Treason Trudeau spent $65,000 of Taxpayers money for a sauna. :roll:

Last edited by BRAH on Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:05 am

I would bet that the CBC doesn't report more than half of the tax dollars that Trudeau pisses away. The CBC is nothing more that a disgusting, all-encompassing Liberal cesspool.

They outlived their usefulness a long time ago.

-J.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:15 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
I would bet that the CBC doesn't report more than half of the tax dollars that Trudeau pisses away. The CBC is nothing more that a disgusting, all-encompassing Liberal cesspool.

-J.

The CBC is all about Murdoch Mysteries.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:16 am

llama66 llama66:
CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:

-J.

The CBC is all about Murdoch Mysteries.

Well, Yannick Bisson does have nice hair. :D