canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:30 pm

Title: LA's Battle for Venice Beach: Homeless Surge Puts Hollywood's Progressive Ideals to the Test
Category: lifestyle
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2019-01-12 13:25:48

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:30 pm

We have the odd homeless camp pop up here and there, now and then around the lower mainland of BC but nothing like what you'll see at the link below:

https://twitter.com/GenophiliaLoves/sta ... 60/video/1

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:35 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
We have the odd homeless camp pop up here and there, now and then around the lower mainland of BC but nothing like what you'll see at the link below:

https://twitter.com/GenophiliaLoves/sta ... 60/video/1

Just wait till they start housing them. That's when the real problem begins because where would you rather live for free than a nice warm place like Los Angeles?

Here's a guy with a prediction about Nanaimo and what will happen next after the province, and the city, caved to the activists and gave the "homeless" free housing?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:51 pm

I don’t understand your argument...you’re against housing for homeless people?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:26 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
I don’t understand your argument...you’re against housing for homeless people?

Neither. I'm opposed to free housing for unrepentant criminals and drug addicts who use the term "homeless" to garner taxpayer paid perks while carrying our their reign of terror on an unsuspecting populace. If the drug addicted and criminal element really wanted help they'd go into dry housing and treatment but, everytime you turn around it seems they're building another "wet" house and allowing these people to continue with their anti social behaviour.

If a person is genuinely homeless I have no problem helping them out with housing and other perks till they get back on their feet. Unfortunately those people end up having to live in the middle of the real problem, the drug addicts and criminals. Don't believe me just look at the homeless camp in Nanaimo and the effect it had on the surrounding area or that other bastion of peaceful protest at the Provincial Court House in Victoria. Both of them became no go zones run by drug addicts and criminals.

The first thing we can do to help is stop lumping all people who don't have a permanent address as "homeless" into one group because that's a lie used by the anti poverty activists to garner sympathy for people who are nothing more than criminals.

We have to stop treating both elements of homelessness the same. One belongs in subsidized housing with help while the other belongs in jail. So, until we start discerning "which is which" we're going to continue to give our limited money to the unworthy which in turn takes money away from the real homeless.

One last thing. If people are mentally ill they should be institutionalized, not left on the streets or in "temporary" housing to continue to suffer.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:14 pm

Well said