CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:28 am

Here's another documented shoot down between nuclear powers (UK & USSR):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Avro ... n_incident

$1:
The Avro Lincoln was operated by the Central Gunnery School at RAF Leconfield and was on a routine long-distance training flight.[1] The aircraft was intercepted by two Soviet MiG 15 fighters and after it failed to respond to challenges it was shot down by the fighters' 23 mm cannons.[1][2] The Avro Lincoln crashed east of Boizenburg, on the border of the British and Soviet zones, impacting in a wood between Vierkrug and Horst in the Soviet Zone.[1] It was initially reported that six of the seven crew had been killed and one wounded; the wounded airman was one of three that had bailed out but would later die in hospital.[1][3] German civilians on the ground reported that two British airmen bailed out from the doomed aircraft, only to be strafed and killed by one of the MiG 15s.[2]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:30 am

So we've heard two offerings of the Pakistani version of this recent air conflict on the Pakistani/Indian LoC border story.

Here's one we're getting from the west.

$1:
Pakistan has said it will release the Indian Air Force (IAF) pilot it arrested yesterday (Feb. 27).

Prime minister Imran Khan told his country’s parliament today that Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman would be released tomorrow (March 01) as a “peace gesture.”

Varthaman’s plane crash-landed on the Pakistani side of the Line of Control (LoC) that divides the Indian state of Jammu & Kashmir (J&K). This followed the breaching of India’s airspace by the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) in the Nowshera sector of J&K’s Rajouri district, which led to an air-skirmish between the two sides. At least one jet belonging to each side was reportedly shot down by the other in this confrontation.

On Feb. 26, a day before this incident, the IAF carried out a “non-military pre-emptive strike” on a terrorist camp of the Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) group in Balakot area of the neighbouring country’s Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, Indian officials said.

Varthaman’s repatriation, expected tomorrow, will considerably cool down the tempers in south Asia, as the nuclear-armed neighbours take a step back. Both Indian and Pakistani leaders had yesterday expressed their intention to claw back the precipitous situation prevailing in the region ever since a deadly terrorist attack on an Indian paramilitary convoy in Kashmir a fortnight ago. A JeM cadre had on Feb. 14 detonated an improvised explosive device in Pulwama, resulting in the death of over 40 Indian paramilitary personnel.

Interestingly, prime minister Khan’s gesture has come hours after US president Donald Trump indicated he expected the crisis in south Asia to be defused soon. Referring to the situation at a press conference in Hanoi, where he is visiting, Trump said, “…we have some reasonably decent news, hopefully it’s going to be coming to an end, this has been going on for a long time, decades and decades.

https://qz.com/india/1562222/pakistan-t ... haman/amp/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:47 am

Fighter Fighter:
Will get back to you....

Not much to get back to me on, it's just wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_a ... %80%931991)

There are 4 instances of nuke power on nuke power downed air craft during the Cold War.

Hell, it's already happened during India and Pakistan's spat. India shot down a Pakistan patrol aircraft in 1999. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistan_ ... _shootdown

Sure hope that didn't come from Pakistan media, or you have a propaganda issue. And a flagrant one at that.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:05 am

Wife of Indian Army Officer Request To Modi Government - Pakistan News

in English language

Indians are doing propaganda that Pakistanis were using F16 and the plane got blown by Indian pilots.

FACT: No F16s were used, probably because American objection...Indian jets got fuckd by Pak-China jointly made JF-17 Thunder

Secondly, Indians have provided ZERO proof about their claim....So, you can see that to hide their embarrassment, they laid false claim.

BREAKING: PAK PM Khan announces to release the captured pilot...

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Imran Khan on Thursday announced that Pakistan would be releasing the Indian pilot tomorrow as a peace gesture.

Pakistan on Wednesday shot down two Indian aircraft when the crossed the Line on Control and captured Wing Commander Abhinandan.

The prime minister was addressing the joint session of Parliament and in a message, urged India not to escalate the situation. “Don’t take this any further, Pakistan will be forced to retaliate.”

Earlier, while speaking to Geo News Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi said Pakistan would be willing to consider returning the Indian pilot if it led to de-escalation.

“If there is de-escalation with the return of this [Indian] pilot, Pakistan is willing to consider this,” Qureshi said.
'De-escalation efforts should not be considered weakness'

In his address, Prime Minister Imran Khan said efforts for de-escalation should not be considered weakness.

The premier stressed, "All issues should be resolved through dialogue. Despite us opening the Kartarpur corridor, we received no response from India."

"When the Pulwama attack happened, we were blamed within 30 minutes," he lamented. "I'm not saying that India has a part to play in it but I asked them to share evidence."

Lauding the Pakistani media, the premier said, "Indian media created war hysteria. Our media showed solidarity and acted responsibly."

The premier said, "We had understood that they [India] will do something. PM Imran explained, "The only purpose of our strike was to demonstrate our capability and will. We did not want to inflict any casualty on India as we wanted to act in a responsible manner."

"I had said that if India does something then we will respond," he asserted. PM Imran continued, "India violated the UN Charter." The premier said, "India gave us a dossier today, two days after they attacked us."

"Countries are ruined because of miscalculation. War is not a solution. If India takes any action, we will have to retaliate," he asserted.

Stating that the current situation is because of Kashmir, the premier said, "At one point, Kashmiri leaders had not wanted separation, but because of Indian brutalities, today all they demand is independence."

The premier questioned, "How long will Pakistan be blamed for everything in Kashmir? And asked to take action without any proof?"

Stressing that talks with Kashmir are important, the premier cautioned, "The situation should not get out of hand or Pakistan will have to retaliate."

“I hope the international community will play its part to ensure the situation does not escalate beyond this,” the prime minister added.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/229617-pm-imran-announces-indian-pilot-will-be-released-tomorrow-as-peace-gesture

Do you guys notice the difference of leadership on both sides?....One is humble, educated, philanthropist and honest guy while the other one is mass murderer, once banned from entering into US, now is PM, supported by right wing Hindu radicals, a guy who will do anything to remain in power.

I was not in favor of release...It's too early and Indians may think of it as our weakness. PM Khan should know that not everyone is like him...We face cunning morons.

The truth is coming out from even Modi's party...what this drama is all about :evil:

BJP leader says India-Pakistan war will help win election seats

Social media users and other BJP leaders furious at insensitive comment

Published: February 28, 2019 13:19 Anupa Kurian-Murshed, Social Media Editor

Ruling BJP party wades into fresh controversy, as India reels under the stress of escalating conflict with its neighbour Pakistan. And social media users are furious.

The Karnataka Legislative Assembly opposition leader BS Yeddyurappa told Indian reporters on Wednesday: “Day by day, the wind is increasingly blowing in favour of the BJP. Yesterday's action of destroying terror hideouts by entering inside Pakistan has resulted in a pro-Modi wave in the country, the results of which can be seen in coming Lok Sabha polls …It has enthused youths; all this will help us in winning more than 22 Lok Sabha seats."

https://gulfnews.com/world/asia/india/bjp-leader-says-india-pakistan-war-will-help-win-election-seats-1.1551347483415

Moron...There are no terror camps that you struck...You dropped payload onto remote area, damaging some trees in jungle.....This exactly forced Pakistanis to retaliate. If you were just violating our airspace we would have just chased you down....but you intentionally dropped payload on our territory which made Pakistanis angry ...hence all this.

Our media reported that PM Khan made a remark on lighter note that they destroyed my trees :)

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:09 am

FYI: I do not think the US would have objected to Pakistan using F-16 fighters to defend its sovereign airspace. At least this President we have would not have objected.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:11 am

Yeah not sure why it matters what aircraft was used.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:16 am

Tricks Tricks:

There has always been a mini 'cold war' when it comes to fighter tech. Every time Egypt or Syria invade Israel's airspace, it's a proxy US vs Russia conflict.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:19 am

Tricks Tricks:

Because it is so important for the Pakis to get their history "correct". :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:24 pm

Tricks Tricks:

I'm more interested in how in hell the Indians have kept MiG-21 fighters in the air. :idea:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:27 pm

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 205140.cms

It's interesting seeing the two countries media outlets spin this to their favour.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:39 pm

Tricks Tricks:
It's interesting seeing the two countries media outlets spin this to their favour.

Awww! It's so cute when they are young like this!

It's been going on almost 60 years man, it's just the last decade of so they've toned it down.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:40 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Tricks Tricks:

Awww! It's so cute when they are young like this!

It's been going on almost 60 years man, it's just the last decade of so they've toned it down.

I can honestly say I give zero fucks about India or Pakistan. So I can say I've never paid attention to any of their spats.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:42 pm

Totally reasonable.

It's like watching two brothers fight. It can be vicious, but they really want the same things.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:47 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Totally reasonable.

It's like watching two brothers fight. It can be vicious, but they really want the same things.

It's Islam vs. Hinduism.

That's sort of like an unstoppable force hitting an immovable object.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:50 pm

Tricks Tricks:
I can honestly say I give zero fucks about India or Pakistan. So I can say I've never paid attention to any of their spats.

This might give you a sense of scope. There is a border crossing between the two countries, and over the years it has become quite an event, when they open the gate daily. It's like two body builders posing on a beach. Neither can accept that the other is good enough. That is just the microcosm of the whole conflict.

And the crowds in the stands! :lol: