canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:13 am

Title: Feds to invest billions less in new military equipment, may fall short on NATO spending target
Category: Military
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2019-03-05 06:10:15
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:13 am

Wow, another government falls short on its promise to fund the militiary. Imagine my shock?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:18 am

When they said 37 (or whatever) billion more spent on the military over the next number of years, it's clear they meant less. This whole government needs to be put against a wall and shot. Treasonous cowards, all of them.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:09 am

llama66 llama66:
This whole government needs to be put against a wall and shot. Treasonous cowards, all of them.

That's being kind.

:evil:

-J.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:52 am

Count on President Trump to respond to this.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:55 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Oh... I'm counting.

It sounds bad, but- I think we need an extensional threat to wake this regime up.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:56 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

In what way or form?

-J.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:58 am

llama66 llama66:
It sounds bad, but- I think we need an extensional threat to wake this regime up.

Russia, China, or even the USA will eventually oblige you. Canada will not be allowed to hold more land than China or the USA if you're not willing to protect it.

That's just how the world works. :|

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:04 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
llama66 llama66:

Russia, China, or even the USA will eventually oblige you. Canada will not be allowed to hold more land than China or the USA if you're not willing to protect it.

That's just how the world works. :|

I'm aware. Totally, I'm aware.

Honestly, It'll be the States.
1. They will not allow China or Russia a toe-hold on the North American Continent.
2. They'll finally realize Manifest Destiny.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:10 am

llama66 llama66:
When they said 37 (or whatever) billion more spent on the military over the next number of years, it's clear they meant less. This whole government needs to be put against a wall and shot. Treasonous cowards, all of them.

If you're going to line up Trudeau's cabinet against the wall, don't forget to add Stephen Harper's cabinet too.

His defence funding levels were as bad, or shock of all shocks - even worse during his 10 years in office! Harper's average defence spending (based on per capita GDP) was 1.16%, while Trudeau sits at 1.5% (over 2016 and 2017, 2018 numbers not available yet).

https://www.sipri.org/databases/milex

As sad as our defence spending is, the only people we have to blame are Canadian voters. They care more for tax cuts and social programs than they do funding the Canadian Armed Forces.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:22 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
llama66 llama66:

If you're going to line up Trudeau's cabinet against the wall, don't forget to add Stephen Harper's cabinet too.

His defence funding levels were as bad, or shock of all shocks - even worse during his 10 years in office! Harper's average defence spending (based on per capita GDP) was 1.16%, while Trudeau sits at 1.5% (over 2016 and 2017, 2018 numbers not available yet).

https://www.sipri.org/databases/milex

As sad as our defence spending is, the only people we have to blame are Canadian voters. They care more for tax cuts and social programs than they do funding the Canadian Armed Forces.

I don't dispute this. I just wish we'd give our defence the money it needed. After all, its better to have it and not need it; then to need it and not have it.