Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:02 am

Thanos Thanos:
Deaths directly attributable to all the so-called "holy" books out there, INCLUDING/ESPECIALLY the Koran: uncountable, yet their adherents all claim their texts are the roadmap to being a righteous person. :|

The key to being a righteous person is to not expect others to follow your lead.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:05 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
martin14 martin14:
Always good to see the lefties getting hysterical and banning everything in sight.

Yeah, and what was that about how there's no reason to protect freedom of speech? :?:

If so many people see Peterson as an Islamophobe, perhaps there is some merit to it?

https://www.theguardian.com/science/201 ... rnets-nest

Most liberal democracies, like New Zealand, prioritize a persons' right to safety and freedom of religion, over freedom of speech. The US included.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:08 am

The US does not ban books. At all.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:08 am

llama66 llama66:
I firmly believe events like the Christchurch shooting, and 9/11 and every despicable act in-between stem from our unwillingness to talk, and to understand each other. Will the conversation be a comfortable one? Probably not. But its one that needs to happen if we want this shit to stop.

I just listened to an interview over the radio of a Rabbi and Imam who were discussing how they have 'Active Shooter' drills in Mosques, and how Synagogs have armed guards at entrances. They both are setting up groups to attend each others prayer services as a means of showing solidarity.

https://www.cbc.ca/listen/shows/the-cur ... e/15680946

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:09 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

True. There are other ways to silence them.

https://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by- ... store.html

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:10 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
It's a good thing that Islamophobia didn't kill 50 people last week. :roll:

You're right it didn't. "Eco-Facism" did.

And even if there were such a thing as "Islamophobia" no known definition of it would apply to Jordan Peterson.

A fascist committed a mass murder and other fascists used the tragedy to censor and control, which is what fascists do. That's what happened.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:16 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Were that only the case...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_cens ... ted_States

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:16 am

The fun part is that Peterson is in major permanent shit with the SJW's for not going along with any of that mentally-ill tranny bullshit on campus. He didn't call for violence against anyone or for tossing trannies into a gulag, he just said he won't go along with any of their crap with the ten dozen or so "alternative" pronouns they demand to be referred to with. Yet the Muslims the New Zealanders are falling all over themselves to feel sorry for are the people most likely in this world to hunt down and exterminate every tranny, and garden-variety homosexual, they could get their hands on just because Allah orders them to. Ironic if nothing else, that the one hand of the virtue-signallers doesn't even know what their other hand is doing at any given time.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:20 am

Some people don't realise that a phobia is fear of something. I have total disdain for all religions, not a fear, Islam being at the top of the list.

Islamophobia is often used by those who have little to zero understanding of a phobia.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:22 am

Phobophobia?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:22 am

Then the hysteria that the hard-left has over Jordan Peterson certainly qualifies as a phobia.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:39 am

llama66 llama66:
It's just funny;

Deaths directly attributed to Jordan Peterson: 0; BANNED. Monster.
Deaths directly attributed to Adolf Hitler: 6,500,000 Jews and minorities, 61,000,000 total dead; We'll allow this cool guys book to be sold.
Deaths directly attributed to Communism: ~100,000,000; This book is cool too, lets sell it.

R=UP

I'm pretty sure Peterson never wrote anything in his book telling the religious, political or social lunatics to attack and kill innocent people. So, I can't help but wonder if this statement is what they're basing their ban on and if it is they should all be slapped about the head and ears till they garner some common fekin sense?

"However, living in a world of chaos and order, each human being has "darkness" which can "turn them into the monsters they're capable of being" to satisfy their dark impulses in right situations."

I'm sorry but his statement describes the human condition to a "T" and to deny it is to deny reality.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:21 am

That's it, I like a guy like Peterson, he speaks on the right and you know have an Idea what they are thinking, I like listening to the guy, but then again I like having my preconceptions challenged. It's dangerous to muzzle a man like Peterson, or to censor his writings. That is the easiest way to repeat tragedies like last Friday. Encourage these discussions... don't stifle them.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:21 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

True. There are other ways to silence them.

https://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by- ... store.html

$1:
“Fucking Commie scum,” shouted one conservative activist, taunting the bookstore employees who met them at the door. He wore an American flag on his shoulders and a “Make America Great Again” hat. “We’re gonna burn down your bookstore, you know that right? he said.

Where were the Berkeley police? Fucking around again, as usual?

That's clear cut disturbing the peace, at least. Depending on context it may even be a felony incitement to riot or even a terrorist threat.

Also, where it's a threat against the bookstore it is not a specific threat of "stop selling these books or else".

I mean I once called in an airstrike on a gas station. It didn't mean I was making an environmental statement against fossil fuels. :idea:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:23 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
I mean I once called in an airstrike on a gas station. It didn't mean I was making an environmental statement against fossil fuels. :idea:

Sold you a bad egg salad sandwich didn't they.