Date: 2019-04-09 15:45:10
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:01 pm

What a f*cking joke.

Spend your own f*cking money from your f*cking profits on improvements to your f*cking refrigerators.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:05 pm

Right?

Loblaw's is rich enough to buy out Safeway, they can afford this.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:02 pm

$12 million dollars will go a long way for making the executive's annual golf retreat a success! R=UP

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:07 pm

xerxes xerxes:
Right?

I thought that was Sobey's

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:14 pm

fifeboy fifeboy:
xerxes xerxes:
Right?

I thought that was Sobey's

Right. My bad.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:15 pm

First of all, Loblaws is only one of FIFTY-FOUR businesses and municipalities who qualified for this grant funding. This is not a special deal with Loblaws as the headline suggests.

Secondly the grant is only to cover 25% of the cost an investment that significantly lowers the applicants carbon footprint. The applicants, including Loblaws, have to pay the other 75%. So sorry Bart no golf trips covered.

Lastly the grants were awarded on the basis of overall impact- Loblaws has lots of stores and lots of freezers therefore lots of impact. It has nothing to do with whether Loblaws has the money or not, it has to do with incenting business to make investments that they would not otherwise bother to make.

Just like when you save for your kids university with a RESP you get a 20% grant from the federal government, even if you’re rich, even if you’re a jerk.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:20 pm

Okay. So let me get this straight: Loblaws conspired to inflate the price of bread for over a decade, was taken to court for over $430-million in tax evasion, has $47-billion in assets, and had a revenue of $46.6 billion in 2018, and STILL needs government money?!?!

What about all the mom and pop and small town independent groceries that could benefit instead? Locally owned grocery shops that have a loyal following, and don't have the resources of Loblaw Corp, and impact the markets they serve? I'm sorry, but Loblaws can easily afford it's own high-tech crap, and I'm tired of my tax dollars being used for shit like this.

And.... still no surprise that Beaver supports them, and his Liberal cronies for handing out our hard earned money YET AGAIN. Beaver, you continually prove what *Mod Edit*, and your total lack of morals and humanity. You make me sick.

F*ck this.

-J.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:03 pm

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
Okay. So let me get this straight: Loblaws conspired to inflate the price of bread for over a decade, was taken to court for over $430-million in tax evasion, has $47-billion in assets, and had a revenue of $46.6 billion in 2018, and STILL needs government money?!?!

What about all the mom and pop and small town independent groceries that could benefit instead? Locally owned grocery shops that have a loyal following, and don't have the resources of Loblaw Corp, and impact the markets they serve? I'm sorry, but Loblaws can easily afford it's own high-tech crap, and I'm tired of my tax dollars being used for shit like this.

And.... still no surprise that Beaver supports them, and his Liberal cronies for handing out our hard earned money YET AGAIN. Beaver, you continually prove *Mod Edit*, and your total lack of morals and humanity. You make me sick.

F*ck this.

-J.

LMAO “lack of morals and humanity “ Lack of humanity! And the Liberals are my CRONIES? Do you even know what those words means *Mod Edit*?

*Mod Edit*. Go spend the rest of the night throwing up in the bathroom of your shithole apartment. Just don’t overdo it because if you choke or something it could be weeks or months before anyone notices you’re missing or finds your body.

Oh and this program has $50 Million set aside for small businesses *Mod Edit*. Why don’t you try getting the facts for once?

Last edited by BeaverFever on Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:15 pm

I can see both sides of the coin here. Loblaw has not exactly been a good corporate citizen. I fully understand any Canadian taxpayer having some heartburn with this deal. Loblaw's management team are basically a bunch of self serving dicks. No argument there. Unfortunately they are in that "to big to fail" category. That said, knowing Beaverfeaver's left leaning politics.......its going to be a serious stretch to claim that he is a fan of Loblaw. They basically go against everything that he believes in. The government program on the other hand, is another matter. If a city were to propose a program where their cab companies could get subsidies for replacing their combustion engine fleets with electric vehicles.....it would make sense for the biggest cab companies to be on board. It would be better for one cab company that owns 90% of the cabs in the city to participate in the program (even if their management team are a bag of dicks) than to not participate. What are the goals of the program? If replacing old inefficient equipment is the goal, than bigger is better. That is just the way it is. Even if they are a bunch of dicks.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:47 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Go spend the rest of the night throwing up in the bathroom of your shithole apartment.

Actually, my apartment is quite nice. Unlike you, I don't live in my parents basement looking at lingerie models out of the Sears catalog. Besides, all those candles you have on your Trudeau shrine constitute mental un-wellness, not to mention a fire hazard.

Better make sure the batteries in your gas detectors are still good.

-J.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:00 am

Forum Rules Forum Rules:
Profanity is discouraged, but not prohibited, and forum members are expected to maintain a level of discourse appropriate to the subject matter and participating members.

rules.php

If the purpose of your post is only to berate someone else, perhaps you shouldn't waste your time.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:21 am

I'm pretty sure that those who hide behind Internet anonymity to scream and insult others are actually the biggest pussies in real life. :wink:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:41 am

^^ Yup.

I guess they didn't stop to realize that energy efficient subsidies for a Crown Corporation like a power company, actually means that the power company won't have to do much more expensive upgrades as soon. That ends up costing us all a lot less in tax and power prices.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:45 am

Yeah, There are many posts I start... but very few actually get posted. 98% of the time its not worth arguing with people on the interweebs.