CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 2572
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 3:26 pm
 


BartSimpson wrote:
Liberalism is a mental disorder. No doubt about it.


Beaver is a textbook case.

[bonk]

-J.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 64823
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 3:30 pm
 


Thanos wrote:
Being a realist with a natural inclination to see through the lies and not fall for the bullshit, no matter which side the crap is coming from, isn't a lot of fun to endure every day. It's not something that makes someone happy, seeing what a total crock things really are. I'll steal this one from the wretched MRA idiots (that they stole anyway from The Matrix movies), just to piss them off - I'd much rather take the blue pill and be stupidly and blissfully happy than ever have taken the red one that made me see how things really are. It's, like, pure misery knowing all this shit, man. :|


Still, pop a blue pill every now and again and just go enjoy life. I have to do that once in a while.

It's been two years since the Mrs. and I went on a Panama Canal cruise and I am due for a cruise again. It's nice to just be in this make-believe la-la world where you can disconnect from news, family, friends, work, and just take 10-16 days to chill out.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 29178
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 3:38 pm
 


That was the entire point of Lynyrd Skynrd's "Simple Man". Keep things simple. And simple doesn't mean stupid either, it means not making things overwhelmingly complicated.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 14646
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 3:56 pm
 


BartSimpson wrote:
BeaverFever wrote:
FFS

It doesn’t say ANYONE who has EVEN ONE of the symptoms like considering themselves a patriot is automatically XRW.


Actually, that's EXACTLY what it says.

Quote:
Look out for individuals who...Describe themselves as 'Patriots'


Just one of those qualifications is then enough to get a troop labeled as Extreme Right Wing.


No it doesn’t say that at all, you’re inventing facts again.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 14646
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 3:57 pm
 


CDN_PATRIOT wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:
Liberalism is a mental disorder. No doubt about it.


Beaver is a textbook case.

[bonk]

-J.


I wouldn’t say you have a mental disorder as it’s clearly a learning disorder.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 64823
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 4:00 pm
 


Fucking hell, Beaver, I posted the fucking picture for you. The article has the rest of it for reference. :!:

And that's exactly what the damn thing says so don't accuse me of inventing anything. I'm reading it exactly the way it reads.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 64823
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 4:00 pm
 


BeaverFever wrote:
CDN_PATRIOT wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:
Liberalism is a mental disorder. No doubt about it.


Beaver is a textbook case.

[bonk]

-J.


I wouldn’t say you have a mental disorder as it’s clearly a learning disorder.


Right now you're the one who can't fathom a simple pamphlet. :idea:


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 14646
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 4:01 pm
 


BartSimpson wrote:
Fucking hell, Beaver, I posted the fucking picture for you. The article has the rest of it for reference. :!:

And that's exactly what the damn thing says so don't accuse me of inventing anything. I'm reading it exactly the way it reads.


Nowhere does it read that ANYONE who has EVEN ONE of those items is XRW. You invented that

I gave you the example of how the published symptoms of HIV include headaches but everybody understands that it doesn’t mean if you have headaches you have HIV, you’re meant to look for multiple signs and symptoms. This is the same concept: one simple common symptoms of XRW doesn’t mean you are XRW. This is how human beings communicate. Stop acting like this is your first day on planet earth.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 64823
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 4:18 pm
 


BeaverFever wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:
Fucking hell, Beaver, I posted the fucking picture for you. The article has the rest of it for reference. :!:

And that's exactly what the damn thing says so don't accuse me of inventing anything. I'm reading it exactly the way it reads.


Nowhere does it read that ANYONE who has EVEN ONE of those items is XRW. You invented that

I gave you the example of how the published symptoms of HIV include headaches but everybody understands that it doesn’t mean if you have headaches you have HIV, you’re meant to look for multiple signs and symptoms. This is the same concept: one simple common symptoms of XRW doesn’t mean you are XRW. This is how human beings communicate. Stop acting like this is your first day on planet earth.


Let's see.

The Telegraph agrees with me.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/0 ... -patriots/

And you like and trust Buzzfeed, right? Well...

https://www.buzzfeed.com/markdistefano/ ... right-wing

And you're making the assertion that there's a requirement for more than one of these criteria to be met so where's your evidence to support that assertion?

I'm not seeing it.

Quite to the contrary a British Army troop is cited in one of the articles I saw as being cashiered for having a private Facebook group...and that was the only criteria for cashiering him.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 24083
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 4:25 pm
 


BartSimpson wrote:
BeaverFever wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:
Fucking hell, Beaver, I posted the fucking picture for you. The article has the rest of it for reference. :!:

And that's exactly what the damn thing says so don't accuse me of inventing anything. I'm reading it exactly the way it reads.


Nowhere does it read that ANYONE who has EVEN ONE of those items is XRW. You invented that

I gave you the example of how the published symptoms of HIV include headaches but everybody understands that it doesn’t mean if you have headaches you have HIV, you’re meant to look for multiple signs and symptoms. This is the same concept: one simple common symptoms of XRW doesn’t mean you are XRW. This is how human beings communicate. Stop acting like this is your first day on planet earth.


Let's see.

The Telegraph agrees with me.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/0 ... -patriots/

And you like and trust Buzzfeed, right? Well...

https://www.buzzfeed.com/markdistefano/ ... right-wing

And you're making the assertion that there's a requirement for more than one of these criteria to be met so where's your evidence to support that assertion?

I'm not seeing it.

Quite to the contrary a British Army troop is cited in one of the articles I saw as being cashiered for having a private Facebook group...and that was the only criteria for cashiering him.

Your own links.

Quote:
An MOD source said the chart doesn't suggest that all patriots are extremists, and the department was taking a comprehensive approach to tackling extremism through the UK government's counter terrorism and extremism strategies.



Quote:
An MoD spokesperson confirmed the guide’s authenticity to MailOnline.

They said: “The values of our armed forces and the nation they serve are totally incompatible with extremist views. We have robust measures in place to ensure those exhibiting these views are not permitted to serve.

“Exhibiting one or two of these in no way suggests someone is an extremist, and the card does not suggest that all patriots are extremists.



Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 64823
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 4:48 pm
 


The problem remains that merely calling oneself a patriot will cause suspicion and it will absolutely be a reason to refuse a promotion. Or cashier a troop if it pleases the CO.

The message is that UK patriots (let's be blunt: Brexiteers) will not be welcomed in the UK armed forces.

The second problem is that Muslims who satisfy a BUNCH of these criteria will surely get a free pass.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 24083
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 4:54 pm
 


Just going to gloss over the fact that you obviously didn't read your own links? Again? And you proved Beaver's point at the same time? One more time for you.

Quote:
Exhibiting one or two of these in no way suggests someone is an extremist


For example. the bottom middle one, private social media groups. Having a private social media group doesn't mean you're XRW. It could be that you think Rodney Mullen is more deserving of fame than Tony Hawk and you don't want that shit getting out. Who knows.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 14646
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 5:24 pm
 


BartSimpson wrote:
The problem remains that merely calling oneself a patriot will cause suspicion and it will absolutely be a reason to refuse a promotion. Or cashier a troop if it pleases the CO.

The message is that UK patriots (let's be blunt: Brexiteers) will not be welcomed in the UK armed forces.

The second problem is that Muslims who satisfy a BUNCH of these criteria will surely get a free pass.



So now having failed on your initial point you’ve retreated to a new line of argument based pure baseless speculation....and of course also Muslims.

Also fun fact: Islamists are also conservative extremists, just a slightly different flavour.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9487
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 10:28 pm
 


Britain too?
THought it was just this side of the pond where the louder "patriot" is claimed the more you can be sure it was by a fucking white supremacist neo-nazi.


Offline
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 955
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 3:01 am
 


hmm....British are not stupid or being cautious without any reason

British soldiers filmed shooting Jeremy Corbyn poster in shooting range

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/03/british-soldiers-filmed-shooting-jeremy-corbyn-poster-shooting-range-9100927/


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.