Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:59 am

$1:
Tell the kids in Extinction Rebellion that they'll have to pay an extra $500 per iPhone to cover the cost of the month

Better yet set it as a Tax to fund all these changes being demanded be done. It will take about 4-5 to have all the money. Yet they can then proudly say they paid for it, they did it, they got it done.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:02 am

I can forgive the kids for being unaware because almost everyone else is at that age. What I won't tolerate is being slammed by a bunch of do-gooders who are completely ignorant at that stage of their lives about how things work or how tough it is to survive. Most of them are so fragile that they completely fall apart if the wireless goes down for more than a couple of hours. That kind of discomfort is literally nothing compared to the strain and tension they too would end up experiencing during the revamping of the world economy in the way that the celebrity environmentalists are demanding to immediately happen. This is probably the biggest and most damaging line of bullshit the eco-radicals have ever pushed, on how simple all of this is going to be. A lot of people are going to suffer badly when it happens, up to and including a lot of people dying as a result of the changes. Making it sound utopian is and always has been a complete lie.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:04 am

stratos stratos:
What do you want her to do cross the ocean in a Viking ship? I don't agree with her agenda but I will give her credit for practicing ( to the best of her ability) what she preaches.

R=UP

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:09 am

Thanos Thanos:
What I won't tolerate is being slammed by a bunch of do-gooders who are completely ignorant at that stage of their lives about how things work or how tough it is to survive. Most of them are so fragile that they completely fall apart if the wireless goes down for more than a couple of hours.

She crossed the Atlantic on a boat that had nothing but a bucket to shit in.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:11 am

Thanos Thanos:
I can forgive the kids for being unaware because almost everyone else is at that age. What I won't tolerate is being slammed by a bunch of do-gooders who are completely ignorant at that stage of their lives about how things work or how tough it is to survive. Most of them are so fragile that they completely fall apart if the wireless goes down for more than a couple of hours. That kind of discomfort is literally nothing compared to the strain and tension they too would end up experiencing during the revamping of the world economy in the way that the celebrity environmentalists are demanding to immediately happen. This is probably the biggest and most damaging line of bullshit the eco-radicals have ever pushed, on how simple all of this is going to be. A lot of people are going to suffer badly when it happens, up to and including a lot of people dying as a result of the changes. Making it sound utopian is and always has been a complete lie.

Why do you think the current mass insult now is "OK, Boomer"?

Because they already know all of this. The choices will be hard, and they didn't have to be if the Boomers had taken any sort of action decades ago.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:24 am

Tricks Tricks:
Thanos Thanos:
What I won't tolerate is being slammed by a bunch of do-gooders who are completely ignorant at that stage of their lives about how things work or how tough it is to survive. Most of them are so fragile that they completely fall apart if the wireless goes down for more than a couple of hours.

What did she do with said excrement? (I have never heard of a sailing vessel built in the last 100 years that did not have a head, and a holding tank for Grey/Blackwater.) I'm calling tall tale on that.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:29 am

llama66 llama66:
Tricks Tricks:
Thanos Thanos:

What did she do with said excrement? (I have never heard of a sailing vessel built in the last 100 years that did not have a head, and a holding tank for Grey/Blackwater.) I'm calling tall tale on that.

True story.

$1:
The Malizia II is an 18 m (60 ft) racing yacht that was built for round-the-world challenges. Solar panels and underwater turbines generate the power for lighting and communication. Designed for speed rather than luxury, conditions range from basic to difficult, for example the boat has no kitchen, toilet, or shower

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyage_of ... tic_voyage

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:33 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
The choices will be hard, and they didn't have to be if the Boomers had taken any sort of action decades ago.

Actually for decades the economies and infrastructures of the West have been improving radically in terms of cleanliness. Wildly improved fuel economy & emissions standards on vehicles. Changing home heating from coal & oil to natural gas & electric. Huge percentages of the electrical grid being powered by nuclear & natural gas instead of coal. Watersheds recovering as the old toxic industries of the Rust Belt disappeared. It's only idiots like Donald Trump who see these things as negatives because they're peddling a fantasy of how awesome everything was back in the 1950's when no one cared about the filth that was being created.

What's driven the increase in CO2 emissions is the development of the former Third World, especially in China and India where their environmental standards are minimal to non-existent. Shutting down coal-generated electricity in the West is essentially negated if every coal-fuel power plant in North America that gets shuttered is replaced on the other side of the plant by a dozen new coal-fuelled facilities. How this factor is supposed to be halted is beyond me because it's not like it's going to be acceptable to the people in places that have always been poor that they have to stay poor in order to satisfy the environmental agenda of elitist (and usually wealthy) liberal Westerners who've never had a single tough day in their entire lives.

Going after the Western economies that are always in a constant state of clean-up and improved efficiency is an easy thing to do. Going after the other ones is much harder, which is why the radicals won't talk about China or India. Or go against something like Arab oil, not when there are simpler targets like the Alberta oilsands for them to white-knight against.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:58 am

Thanos Thanos:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
The choices will be hard, and they didn't have to be if the Boomers had taken any sort of action decades ago.

Actually for decades the economies and infrastructures of the West have been improving radically in terms of cleanliness. Wildly improved fuel economy & emissions standards on vehicles. Changing home heating from coal & oil to natural gas & electric. Huge percentages of the electrical grid being powered by nuclear & natural gas instead of coal. Watersheds recovering as the old toxic industries of the Rust Belt disappeared. It's only idiots like Donald Trump who see these things as negatives because they're peddling a fantasy of how awesome everything was back in the 1950's when no one cared about the filth that was being created.

While we have been improving our environmental impact, it wasn't by choice. Environmental monitoring agencies that were branches of government are a relatively new thing, and nothing would have changed without their creation.

But our thirst for gasoline is driven by our superstition that SUVs and pickups are safer than cars. So much so, that Trucks now come with 4 cylinder engines, and North American car companies are halting car production in North America because the profit margin is too small. We might be environmentally cleaner, but our impact on the climate is increasing.

Thanos Thanos:
What's driven the increase in CO2 emissions is the development of the former Third World, especially in China and India where their environmental standards are minimal to non-existent. Shutting down coal-generated electricity in the West is essentially negated if every coal-fuel power plant in North America that gets shuttered is replaced on the other side of the plant by a dozen new coal-fuelled facilities. How this factor is supposed to be halted is beyond me because it's not like it's going to be acceptable to the people in places that have always been poor that they have to stay poor in order to satisfy the environmental agenda of elitist (and usually wealthy) liberal Westerners who've never had a single tough day in their entire lives.

The deniers use this an excuse why we shouldn't have to do anything. "But, we aren't the biggest emitter!" Trouble is, if you measure historical emissions, we are the top, by far. Then there are all the plastic filled gyres in the oceans and seas. . .

The death of coal is for certain a major accomplishment, but that is just a small slice of our emissions. The fact that renewable energy is a growth industry is a first step, but just like we conquered acid rain and ozone depletion through regulation, we need similar regulations to ensure a fair field in reducing carbon emissions as well. But the deniers don't want anyone to be the first to try it.

China too has halted coal plants from coming on line, and has approved more nuclear plants than everywhere else in the world. There has been exactly one new nuclear plant brought on stream in North America since the 1970s.

This is such a big problem, Warren Buffet and Bill Gates have been pouring money into the development of a fail-proof nuclear design to be implemented world wide.

Thanos Thanos:
Going after the Western economies that are always in a constant state of clean-up and improved efficiency is an easy thing to do. Going after the other ones is much harder, which is why the radicals won't talk about China or India. Or go against something like Arab oil, not when there are simpler targets like the Alberta oilsands for them to white-knight against.

Many of those economies are seeing the offloading of our emissions on them, because our manufacturing has also been offloaded. Now what we need is reduced consumption of the products causing the emissions. That is the best thing we can do to help out.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:17 am

In reality the only thing that will save the environment is a massive reduction in the global human population. Get rid of the people and the resource over-consumption stops. How this can be accomplished I have no idea but it is the bedrock source of each and every single problem or crisis afflicting the natural world. There's too many people, period.

I'm not a denier, BTW, I'm just not falling for the cuddly & friendly "solutions" the environmentalists are peddling. Been down the road too many times before with those who say they have all the allegedly easy answers only to find what they can a walk in the park is anything but. A catastrophe is imminent in the next half-century, no matter what path is chosen. Saying otherwise is just plain lying. Whether anyone learns anything from that catastrophe is questionable because I've seen nothing at all in human history to suggest the collective ever learns anything from disasters, even when it happens full-force to them.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:34 am

Thanos Thanos:
I'm not a denier, BTW, I'm just not falling for the cuddly & friendly "solutions" the environmentalists are peddling. Been down the road too many times before with those who say they have all the allegedly easy answers only to find what they can a walk in the park is anything but.

I've never suspected that you were. You are a bit more skeptical than some, but always open to new information.

Thanos Thanos:
A catastrophe is imminent in the next half-century, no matter what path is chosen. Saying otherwise is just plain lying. Whether anyone learns anything from that catastrophe is questionable because I've seen nothing at all in human history to suggest the collective ever learns anything from disasters, even when it happens full-force to them.

Yup. And humans are terrible at future planning, especially when they think it doesn't concern them, and doubly so when they think it will cost them cash or the loss of conveniences they already have.

And I'm just as hypocritical as the rest. I went from taking the bus from the West End, to taking the bus from a suburb, to driving all the way downtown. All because cost and time were factors. It cost me $100 a month, and an extra 90 minutes a day to bus from the West end, with free parking. It was 120 minutes a day, and $200 a month to bus from the Suburbs, but there was no parking unless you lived in the city. I kept getting nastygrams, and sometimes vandalism from the yokels when I'd park in front of their house along the bus route. So, $220 to park right beside the building I work in , and an extra 2 hours a day was a bargain.

But at least I drive a small car, most of the year. ;)

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:36 am

Thanos Thanos:
In reality the only thing that will save the environment is a massive reduction in the global human population. Get rid of the people and the resource over-consumption stops. How this can be accomplished I have no idea but it is the bedrock source of each and every single problem or crisis afflicting the natural world. There's too many people, period.

I'm not a denier, BTW, I'm just not falling for the cuddly & friendly "solutions" the environmentalists are peddling. Been down the road too many times before with those who say they have all the allegedly easy answers only to find what they can a walk in the park is anything but. A catastrophe is imminent in the next half-century, no matter what path is chosen. Saying otherwise is just plain lying. Whether anyone learns anything from that catastrophe is questionable because I've seen nothing at all in human history to suggest the collective ever learns anything from disasters, even when it happens full-force to them.

Millennials and Zoomers will only pick the easiest targets because they care more about instant gratification than they do results. Part of the reason why they are so addicted to social media is because they need that dopamine hit right now.

As for the population problem, the world's most advanced countries are the one with birthrates below replacement level. Hence why there is such a large push for immigration. Africa's population is exploding with Nigeria (its most populous country) having just to hit 200 million and showing a no signs of stopping with its high fertility rate.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:02 pm

Who cares, really? If we're all wiped out in the next 50 years I don't have to worry about retirement.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:02 pm

In the last few post it seems it's time for us to

EAT THE BABIES

there are already t-shirts made from what I seen on youtube

:lol:

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:59 pm

FieryVulpine FieryVulpine:
As for the population problem, the world's most advanced countries are the one with birthrates below replacement level. Hence why there is such a large push for immigration.

The push for immigration, aside from the obvious virtue signaling diversity nonsense,
is only to keep the tax rolls long enough for the current generation of desperate
politicians to get out and get their pensions; the country can burn after that happens.

Nothing more.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next