canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:44 am

llama66 llama66:
The 3 months is to allow any disease to manifest. It takes about that long for the infection to show. As I said earlier, when I got bit, I had to be monitored for 6 months.

Yes they should. It's not about being gay. These hacktivists are making it about being gay. If you shoot drugs, are a sex worker or engage in butt stuff you should be barred from donating blood for 3 to 6 months after your last thing.

Yeah but it’s not like they take blood from someone and immediately put it in someone else. Every unit of blood or blood product is tested multiple times after donation and before being released into the blood inventory

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:08 am

But there is always that chance. This is why they make you wait.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:44 am

llama66 llama66:

Im just not sure asking donors if they have recently had butt sex and hoping they’re honest about it really adds to safety

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:12 am

Jesus, They don't care if you plough another man in the ass. They care if you plough another man in the ass and you now have HIV. They don't want to spread the HIV to others. Do you not understand this? Do I need to break out sock puppets to help you understand how BBP are spread? I'll give you a hint: BLOOD borne pathogens are spread through BLOOD.

For once look past your liberal bias and understand what the ramifications are if they used blood that was infected on someone who did not previously have HIV/AIDs or HEP. Canadian Blood Services would lose all credibility and they'd be sued.

The 3 months is called due diligence in legal terms.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:30 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
llama66 llama66:

Im just not sure asking donors if they have recently had butt sex and hoping they’re honest about it really adds to safety

Why would someone who takes the time and effort to donate their blood be dishonest, especially knowing the blood will still be tested anyway? [huh]

And they've changed the question so that people in a monogamous same sex relationship for 6 months are considered low risk.

When I used to donate, they'd designate my blood to be reserved for up to 10 infants. The feeling of them telling me that actually made me more likely to keep protecting my health to have better blood.

I almost had to give up 'hookers and blow' Thursdays.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:19 am

llama66 llama66:
Jesus, They don't care if you plough another man in the ass. They care if you plough another man in the ass and you now have HIV. They don't want to spread the HIV to others. Do you not understand this? Do I need to break out sock puppets to help you understand how BBP are spread? I'll give you a hint: BLOOD borne pathogens are spread through BLOOD.

For once look past your liberal bias and understand what the ramifications are if they used blood that was infected on someone who did not previously have HIV/AIDs or HEP. Canadian Blood Services would lose all credibility and they'd be sued.

I want to show you something, Llama.

You can't hear the message of Soph, the teenage prophetess of Generation Z anymore on YouTube. She's banned. But she'll explain the underlying, core problem at BitChute.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/FNqiV8kL4cc/

Some are trained not to hear some truths. She'll show you how.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:31 am

I'm a fan of the truth, no matter how unpleasant. I'll give it a watch when I get home.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:35 am

Banning people for things like blood donation doesn't work unless you monitor them every minute of every day. All people have to do is lie on their forms and there's no way for the blood agency or anyone else to prove that they're a risk.

We're also counting on the fact that most people aren't ignorant enough to put other peoples lives in jeopardy because of their actions but, given the state of the world and some of the denizens who reside in it, trusting them to do the right thing is a pipe dream.

So banning all the gays because of the risk factor is fine in theory but in reality it never worked because some of them were probably still donating blood unbeknownst to anyone but themselves which means this whole outcry by the LGBTQ community might be nothing more than an exercise in media relations.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:46 am

Like DrCaleb said, why lie when you take the time and effort to donate blood?

Logical in Canada, but not in the USA where they pay you to donate.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:52 am

Of course it doesn't truly work. It them excising due diligence. It's the out so if they do give some tainted blood they have an out.

There is nothing to stopping you from saying you are totally living a risk free life.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:57 am

llama66 llama66:
There is nothing to stopping you from saying you are totally living a risk free life.

Quite so. But whatever you say, your blood will still be tested.

"Trust, but verify."

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:17 pm

Probably my favorite Stalin quote.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:29 pm

raydan raydan:

You have to much faith in humanity. :wink:
How about this scenario. You're gay, pissed off and HIV positive. What better way to get back at all the straights who've hurt you throughout your life than donating your blood? Don't believe it's possible, just read the news and see what people are doing to other people for far less things.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:43 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
raydan raydan:

You have to much faith in humanity. :wink:
How about this scenario. You're gay, pissed off and HIV positive. What better way to get back at all the straights who've hurt you throughout your life than donating your blood? Don't believe it's possible, just read the news and see what people are doing to other people for far less things.

Hell, you don't even have to be gay to pull that off. Just HIV+

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:06 pm

llama66 llama66:

I understand your point you don’t seem to understand mine. You think people who have butt sex should be banned because you think they’re a BBP risk. What I’m failing to get through to you is that the only way they’ll know who those people are is to ask them and hope they tell the truth. Do I need to get the so k puppets out for you?

Where are you getting the notion that there’s no 3 month waiting period or that I’m somehow against it? Did your sock puppet tell you that?