CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 14631
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:20 pm
 


BartSimpson wrote:
Predictions of doom in the aftermath of Brexit come from the very same people who predict a global climate crisis unless we adopt worldwide socialism.

Meaning that I'm betting on the UK to prosper after it cuts ties with the Eurotrash elites.


By the “very same people” you mean the broad non-political consensus of experts...basically everyone except the far right fringe minority. And contrary to what the Far Right’s Russian-made and corporatist propaganda says, it’s not “worldwide socialism” to regulate polluters.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 64807
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:32 pm
 


BeaverFever wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:
Predictions of doom in the aftermath of Brexit come from the very same people who predict a global climate crisis unless we adopt worldwide socialism.

Meaning that I'm betting on the UK to prosper after it cuts ties with the Eurotrash elites.


By the “very same people” you mean the broad non-political consensus of experts...basically everyone except the far right fringe minority. And contrary to what the Far Right’s Russian-made and corporatist propaganda says, it’s not “worldwide socialism” to regulate polluters.


If you like them then they're not non-political, they're not a consensus, and the majority of people are sick of their shit...which has been revealed in elections such as the one in evidence: Brexit.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 14631
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:13 pm
 


BartSimpson wrote:
BeaverFever wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:
Predictions of doom in the aftermath of Brexit come from the very same people who predict a global climate crisis unless we adopt worldwide socialism.

Meaning that I'm betting on the UK to prosper after it cuts ties with the Eurotrash elites.


By the “very same people” you mean the broad non-political consensus of experts...basically everyone except the far right fringe minority. And contrary to what the Far Right’s Russian-made and corporatist propaganda says, it’s not “worldwide socialism” to regulate polluters.


If you like them then they're not non-political, they're not a consensus, and the majority of people are sick of their shit...which has been revealed in elections such as the one in evidence: Brexit.


No you just think anyone who doesn’t share your extremist views is political and far left but that’s only because you’re so far too the right you have a grossly distorted perspective.

As for the majority opinion, Well I guess we’ll find out in the next election won’t we? I don’t get the sense that BoJo is going to win a majority next month. And I don’t get the sense that so many of the pro-Brexit voters wanted the extreme no-deal hard Brexit at any cost. The Brexiters said at the time it would be a soft sweetheart deal Brexit, from what I recall and that’s clearly not what is going to happen any time soon.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9474
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:08 pm
 


Ooh a mod doesn't like me pointing out when stupid does what stupid is.
Thank God we're still allowed to post utter bullshit and claim it's fact.


Offline
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 864
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:22 pm
 


Boris Johnson calls for a snap election after MPs, including 21 Tory rebels, seize control of Commons by 328 to 301 votes in bid to wipe out Brexit - but PM must see off opposition from 'scared' Corbyn and win vote today to send UK to polls

Boris Johnson last night lost a massive Commons showdown as Remainer MPs try to block a No Deal Brexit
Some 21 Tory MPs joined the revolt to inflict a stinging defeat on the government by 328 votes to just 301
Mr Johnson warned he will never ask the EU for an extension beyond the Brexit deadline of October 31
He instead called for a General Election to be held on October 15, a day later than had been earlier mooted
Mr Johnson's plan must be backed by two-thirds of MPs, but the support of Labour is by no means guaranteed
Jeremy Corbyn was accused of 'running scared' of the public after refusing to confirm he would back a vote
Rebel Tory ex-ministers Justine Greening and Alistair Burt announced they will stand down at the election


Offline
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 864
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:23 pm
 


Bit of a shame, watching one of the Great Democracies of the World,

swirling the bowl.




Oh well, I'm sure we'll be seeing more of it soon enough.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 14631
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:23 am
 


Martin15 wrote:
Bit of a shame, watching one of the Great Democracies of the World,

swirling the bowl.


Putin loves it, this is all according to his plan. And the chaos is all the Brexiters’s doing.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 35197
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:11 am
 


herbie wrote:
Ooh a mod doesn't like me pointing out when stupid does what stupid is.


So, Moderators aren't allowed to have opinions that differ from your own?


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 18657
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:56 am
 


What I don't get is Brexit was legally voted for by the Public. Now the minority voters are doing everything they can to subvert it and thus bring on the end of Democracy.

Why are there people here cheering for that to happen. I get it you don't agree with Brexit yet by supporting the thwarting of the will of the people you are encouraging a dictatorship or some other totalitarian form of Gov.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 35197
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:08 am
 


stratos wrote:
What I don't get is Brexit was legally voted for by the Public. Now the minority voters are doing everything they can to subvert it and thus bring on the end of Democracy.

Why are there people here cheering for that to happen. I get it you don't agree with Brexit yet by supporting the thwarting of the will of the people you are encouraging a dictatorship or some other totalitarian form of Gov.


A lot of people though the information they received in the media was false, and since they based their vote on that false information, they don't believe the referendum was democratic and want a do-over.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 24067
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:41 am
 


DrCaleb wrote:
stratos wrote:
What I don't get is Brexit was legally voted for by the Public. Now the minority voters are doing everything they can to subvert it and thus bring on the end of Democracy.

Why are there people here cheering for that to happen. I get it you don't agree with Brexit yet by supporting the thwarting of the will of the people you are encouraging a dictatorship or some other totalitarian form of Gov.


A lot of people though the information they received in the media was false, and since they based their vote on that false information, they don't believe the referendum was democratic and want a do-over.

Also Cambridge Analytica was involved. Also it was non-binding.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 35197
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:44 am
 


Tricks wrote:
DrCaleb wrote:
stratos wrote:
What I don't get is Brexit was legally voted for by the Public. Now the minority voters are doing everything they can to subvert it and thus bring on the end of Democracy.

Why are there people here cheering for that to happen. I get it you don't agree with Brexit yet by supporting the thwarting of the will of the people you are encouraging a dictatorship or some other totalitarian form of Gov.


A lot of people though the information they received in the media was false, and since they based their vote on that false information, they don't believe the referendum was democratic and want a do-over.

Also Cambridge Analytica was involved. Also it was non-binding.


Which also means the Government has no mandate to proceed. Call an election, get the mandate from the people.

Or, not.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 64807
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:05 am
 


herbie wrote:
Ooh a mod doesn't like me pointing out when stupid does what stupid is.
Thank God we're still allowed to post utter bullshit and claim it's fact.


Just don't make it personal is all we ask.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 29127
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:54 am
 


Johnson - a reactionary rightist nitwit, hostage to dangerous internet lunatics who have no idea (or even care) how a modern economy works
Corbyn - an actual Stalinist and an enabler of anti-Semitism in the modern British left

With choices like this Britain is truly fooked. There's no way that disaster will be avoided, no matter who wins.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 35197
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:01 am
 


Thanos wrote:
There's no way that disaster will be avoided, no matter who wins.


Because it's 2015 or something.


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.