canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:06 am

"Tear up the last thirty years worth of trade deals and nuke all the jobs that have been built up around them since, because I'm still pissed off that me old dad lost his job as a black-lung coal-miner or an asbestos remover at a Clyde ship-breaking yard back in 1985!". See what I mean about how the collective mass, no matter how many usually decent individuals are in it, invariably gets around to doing the most ridiculous and stupidest things it can dream up?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:19 am

Thanos wrote:
See what I mean about how the collective mass, no matter how many usually decent individuals are in it, invariably gets around to doing the most ridiculous and stupidest things it can dream up?

oh, preaching to the choir here! There are so many things we know what should properly be done, but don't do them for seemingly no reason at all.

And there is no way I'd ever trust a PM incapable of using a comb. ;)

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:27 am

DrCaleb wrote:
A lot of people though the information they received in the media was false, and since they based their vote on that false information, they don't believe the referendum was democratic and want a do-over.

Really ?

Like what ?

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:28 am

Tricks wrote:
Also Cambridge Analytica was involved. Also it was non-binding.

Yawn.
It became binding when Cameron said he would respect the result.
And lots of others.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:28 am

DrCaleb wrote:
Which also means the Government has no mandate to proceed. Call an election, get the mandate from the people.

They already did this... years ago.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:33 am

stratos wrote:
What I don't get is Brexit was legally voted for by the Public. Now the minority voters are doing everything they can to subvert it and thus bring on the end of Democracy.

Why are there people here cheering for that to happen. I get it you don't agree with Brexit yet by supporting the thwarting of the will of the people you are encouraging a dictatorship or some other totalitarian form of Gov.

The Left these days is only interested in Power and Violence.

Democracy of the Will of the People mean absolutely nothing to them.
Never really did.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:05 am

Martin15 wrote:
DrCaleb wrote:
A lot of people though the information they received in the media was false, and since they based their vote on that false information, they don't believe the referendum was democratic and want a do-over.

Really ?

Like what ?

For someone who keeps up on UK politics, I'm surprised you'd even have to ask.

Quote:
Over four hours of testimony, Wylie gave insight into how Cambridge Analytica was able to build complex data analysis tools to target potential voters during multiple U.S. campaigns. That included ties to Aggregate IQ, or AIQ, a Canadian company which helped to develop the underlying algorithm that was used by Cambridge Analytica to target Facebook users. Both companies deny such a connection.

"The projects I was working on may have had a larger impact than I first expected," said Wylie, who worked for SCL Group, Cambridge Analytica's parent company, for about one and a half years. "It's categorically untrue that Cambridge Analytica has never used Facebook data."

The former employee also outlined how AIQ was used by the Vote Leave campaign to target British voters ahead of the Brexit referendum.

https://www.politico.eu/article/cambrid ... -facebook/

or:

Here's an A to Z list of Brexit lies

Quote:
D is for Daily Mail. The Mail, under past editor Paul Dacre, spread more lies about the EU than any other newspaper, but between them and the Telegraph, Sun, and Express, the creativity of journalism around our relationship with Europe has been exceptional. From excessively curved bananas to milk jugs being banned, from euro notes making you impotent to cows being forced to wear nappies and Bombay mix having to be renamed, our press has waged a decades-long campaign to ridicule the EU. But who’s looking ridiculous now?

Oh, wait. Now I see the problem.

Martin15 wrote:
DrCaleb wrote:
Which also means the Government has no mandate to proceed. Call an election, get the mandate from the people.

They already did this... years ago.

Really? So the non-binding referendum included the possibility of exiting the EU after paying billions of dollars, and having no exit agreement? And Theresa May campaigned in 2017 on that very possibility?

Quote:
Promising the "voices and interests" of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland will be heard

Quote:
They have also not committed to the size of any separation payment they would accept, beyond saying the UK would meet its international obligations.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-39665835

*Bzzzzzzzzt*

Is that why she lost her large majority? Is that why she's out, and Boris is in? Is that why Boris lost his majority now?

No mandate.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:26 am

Martin15 wrote:
Tricks wrote:

Yawn.
And lots of others.

Since when is a politicians word binding? :lol:

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:37 am

Tricks wrote:
Martin15 wrote:
Tricks wrote:

Yawn.
And lots of others.

Since when is a politicians word binding? :lol:

Fair enough, I agree, but everyone else said it as well.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:51 am

DrCaleb wrote:
Cambridge Analytica

Oh, Russia.. right.

Quote:

British GQ ?
Major contributing writers are Alistair Campbell and Tony Blair ?

https://twitter.com/BritishGQ/status/871607522133553152

Can the New European 'pop-up' paper derail Brexit?
"We go for it every week, completely, unashamedly and fearlessly. I am not bothered if people stop buying it"

You're using this as what some kind of 'unbiased source' ??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:06 pm

Martin15 wrote:
DrCaleb wrote:
Cambridge Analytica

Oh, Russia.. right.

You did read the number of times they wrote Canada, right? [huh]

Martin15 wrote:
You're using this as what some kind of 'unbiased source' ??

Who says sources need to be unbiased? [huh]

All they have to do is tell the truth. Something the Daily Fail is rarely able to do.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:37 pm

https://www.politico.eu/article/rebels- ... ike-a-pro/

Rebels take control of UK parliament

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:38 pm

https://qz.com/1701770/the-uk-parliamen ... hird-time/

The UK parliament just voted to delay Brexit—for the third time

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:46 pm

I like the way Politico EU in that one article above is trying to label the British political elite as the "Rebel Alliance."

Yeah right...

You're real Star Wars heroes, British political elite. Go molest some more children.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:49 pm

Seeing as this page is all opinion here's one from a British populist blog for balance:

Quote:
Brexit betrayed – we’re never leaving
I’m finally realising that the europhiliac Establishment have won. We won’t be leaving the EU. Ever.

Here’s the picture that tells more than all the TV interviews and newspaper articles. It’s our (IMHO) totally worthless, lying, treacherous, incompetent, Remainer former PM, Theresa May, sitting in the House of Commons yesterday beside her hero – fellow arch-Remainer Kenneth Clarke – during yesterday’s debate blocking Brexit;

Their smug grins of delight as Boris Johnson gets heckled by the House of Collaborators Remainer MPs tell us all you need to know.

It’s now blindingly obvious that May never intended to take us out of the EU. She always wanted to keep us shackled to Brussels. She circumvented no fewer than two Leaver Brexit Secretaries – forcing both to resign in protest – in order to stitch us up and keep us under EU control.

And now we can see her delight as the House of Crooks takes away any negotiating power Boris Johnson might have had.

Brexit seems to be dead in the water. No wonder May and Clarke are looking so pleased with themselves. They have sold our country out to their friends in the wasteful, undemocratic, bureaucratic EU. They have betrayed Britain.

Can Farage save us from this disaster? Probably not.

The British masses are feeling beaten and betrayed. They'll bounce back and fight back like they always do eventually.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next