CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 64807
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:39 pm
 


The UK air wing that was in training at China Lake has been called home.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 21090
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:32 pm
 


DrCaleb wrote:
And there is no way I'd ever trust a PM incapable of using a comb. ;)


:lol:


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 21090
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:36 pm
 


BartSimpson wrote:
The UK air wing that was in training at China Lake has been called home.


You'll know it's really serious when they recall BATUS:

https://www.army.mod.uk/deployments/canada/


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8445
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:24 pm
 


stratos wrote:
What I don't get is Brexit was legally voted for by the Public. Now the minority voters are doing everything they can to subvert it and thus bring on the end of Democracy.

Why are there people here cheering for that to happen. I get it you don't agree with Brexit yet by supporting the thwarting of the will of the people you are encouraging a dictatorship or some other totalitarian form of Gov.

Do you only get to vote on something one time in a democracy? A vote was held and it appears that a lot of Brits want to vote a second time! Is something wrong with that?


Offline
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 864
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:40 pm
 


fifeboy wrote:
stratos wrote:
What I don't get is Brexit was legally voted for by the Public. Now the minority voters are doing everything they can to subvert it and thus bring on the end of Democracy.

Why are there people here cheering for that to happen. I get it you don't agree with Brexit yet by supporting the thwarting of the will of the people you are encouraging a dictatorship or some other totalitarian form of Gov.

Do you only get to vote on something one time in a democracy? A vote was held and it appears that a lot of Brits want to vote a second time! Is something wrong with that?


Only the losers want a second vote.



Loser's consent, the thing by which civilization is created.
What separates us from the Third World Shitholes.


Remember when Hillary was trying to make a thing out of Trump 'not accepting the result',

and now spending the last 2 years crying "Russia Russia", proving the Democrats
have no Loser's Consent either.

And the exact same thing is happening in the UK.


Offline
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 864
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:45 pm
 


Tricks wrote:
https://qz.com/1701770/the-uk-parliament-just-voted-to-delay-brexit-for-third-time/

The UK parliament just voted to delay Brexit—for the third time



And, even better.....

Quote:
Jeremy Corbyn denied voters the chance to decide the future of Brexit last night after ordering his MPs to block Boris Johnson's call for a snap election.



Doddering old fart has been screaming almost daily about an election, now when
given one he runs away from it.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8445
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:38 pm
 


Martin15 wrote:
fifeboy wrote:
stratos wrote:
What I don't get is Brexit was legally voted for by the Public. Now the minority voters are doing everything they can to subvert it and thus bring on the end of Democracy.

Why are there people here cheering for that to happen. I get it you don't agree with Brexit yet by supporting the thwarting of the will of the people you are encouraging a dictatorship or some other totalitarian form of Gov.

Do you only get to vote on something one time in a democracy? A vote was held and it appears that a lot of Brits want to vote a second time! Is something wrong with that?


Only the losers want a second vote.



Loser's consent, the thing by which civilization is created.
What separates us from the Third World Shitholes.


Remember when Hillary was trying to make a thing out of Trump 'not accepting the result',

and now spending the last 2 years crying "Russia Russia", proving the Democrats
have no Loser's Consent either.

And the exact same thing is happening in the UK.

So, if it's only the losers, why not have another referendum to confirm the results and cut the slats out from under the opposition? or perhaps Boris is afraid the general population has a touch of buyers remorse.


Offline
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 864
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:52 pm
 


fifeboy wrote:
So, if it's only the losers, why not have another referendum to confirm the results and cut the slats out from under the opposition? or perhaps Boris is afraid the general population has a touch of buyers remorse.



It's the same king of illogic that says we should rerun the 2015 Canadian election,
because Dopey won and I want to confirm it.





Since people have refused to accept the results of the 2016 referendum,
what makes you think they would accept the 2nd ?



A Party like the Lib Dems have already come out and said that even if a 2nd referendum
voted Leave, they would not accept it.








And if you are whining about Boris, populations, and elections, this only proves
you haven't been listening. :lol:


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 24067
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:58 pm
 


Martin15 wrote:
fifeboy wrote:
So, if it's only the losers, why not have another referendum to confirm the results and cut the slats out from under the opposition? or perhaps Boris is afraid the general population has a touch of buyers remorse.



It's the same king of illogic that says we should rerun the 2015 Canadian election,
because Dopey won and I want to confirm it.


Well we are re-running the election, at the end of this year, and we do every 4 years. By the time the new deadline hits they're at 3.5 years.


Offline
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 864
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:15 am
 


Tricks wrote:
Well we are re-running the election, at the end of this year, and we do every 4 years. By the time the new deadline hits they're at 3.5 years.


Yes 3.5 years of not implementing the result.






See, everyone in Canada, including the CPC, accepted the fact that Dopey won.

How would you feel if Harper had remained PM for the past 3.5 years,
while Parliament argued over the colour of the drapes, and most of the MPs
actually voting to keep Harper PM forever ?? :idea:


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 24067
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:41 am
 


Martin15 wrote:
Tricks wrote:
Well we are re-running the election, at the end of this year, and we do every 4 years. By the time the new deadline hits they're at 3.5 years.


Yes 3.5 years of not implementing the result.






See, everyone in Canada, including the CPC, accepted the fact that Dopey won.

How would you feel if Harper had remained PM for the past 3.5 years,
while Parliament argued over the colour of the drapes, and most of the MPs
actually voting to keep Harper PM forever ?? :idea:

It wasn't an election, it was a (again, non-binding) referendum that had no plan behind it. It was always going to take time if it were going to happen. We're comparing apples and oranges.

The key here is peoples minds can and do change in 3 to 4 years.


Offline
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 864
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:12 am
 


The key is that you are wrong. No one, and I mean no one in the UK tries to argue
the referendum should be ignored because it was advisory.
If this is your position, you are only showing massive levels of ignorance.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 35197
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:20 am
 


Martin15 wrote:
The key is that you are wrong. No one, and I mean no one in the UK tries to argue the referendum should be ignored because it was advisory.
If this is your position, you are only showing massive levels of ignorance.


No one? Reeeeally?

Quote:
Is the EU referendum legally binding?

The simple answer to the question as to whether the EU referendum is legally binding is “no”. In theory, in the event of a vote to leave the EU, David Cameron, who opposes Brexit, could decide to ignore the will of the people and put the question to MPs banking on a majority deciding to remain.

This is because parliament is sovereign and referendums are generally not binding in the UK.



https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... parliament

That was before the vote. :idea:


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 29127
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:31 am
 


It's Cameron's cross to bear for the rest of his life that this entire mess could have been prevented by simply stating that the Russian interference and the Cambridge Analytics scam rendered the results of the referendum untrustworthy and that his government would not pursue an exit. Historically most British PM's have been quite awful, scandalous and arrogantly imperious in a way that Canadians would not understand because our milquetoast leaders (no matter how inept they are) come no where near how bad the British ones have been. That being said, Cameron deserves a special place on the Worst Of list for allowing this to happen. He and the other Tories who underestimated the Leave side are as responsible for this debacle as much as Hillary Clinton and the other smug Democrats in the US for not taking the Trump threat seriously enough. The other side might be composed mostly of liars and crooks but that doesn't mean they're not smart enough to defeat conventional wisdom.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 24067
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:57 am
 


Martin15 wrote:
The key is that you are wrong. No one, and I mean no one in the UK tries to argue
the referendum should be ignored because it was advisory.
If this is your position, you are only showing massive levels of ignorance.

No one? You've talked to every single person in the UK?


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.