bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:16 pm

herbie herbie:
You picked the wrong issue to try to trash Trudeau on.
I'm an old guy too, who's promoted legalization of weed for fifty goddam years. If not for him my grandkids could be risking jail for smoking dope. Beats any Mr Dressup or SNC missteps all to hell in my book.
And I'm starting to see this "fake news" and "media bias" from the other side. ANYTHING remotely negative, no matter how unproven, poorly researched or even absurd about cannabis is instantly flashed all over every news source there is. Liberal media, my ass!

I'm not trashing Canada's travelling black face minstrel on legalizing pot, I'm trashing him on misleading the Canadian public about what the effects of legalization would be and one of them just happened to be removing it's availability from underage youth.

Well that didn't work did it. Or, how about the lie where he told the public that we have the technology to catch pot impaired drivers. Did you know there hasn't been one pot impaired driving charge laid in BC since pot became legal? How's that for technology?

https://globalnews.ca/news/5707367/bc-c ... alization/

So if you want to talk about fake news how about talking about Mr. Dressup's proclivity to use the media to push his outright lies and misleading information because that's fake news as sure as if some idiot at an editors desk sat down and wrote some bullshit story themselves.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:19 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Did you know there hasn't been one pot impaired driving charge laid in BC since pot became legal? How's that for technology?

https://globalnews.ca/news/5707367/bc-c ... alization/

Cherry picking.

From the same article:

$1:
In fact, Ontario has seen 100 drivers charged since cannabis legalization, Quebec has seen 32 and Alberta has charged eight.

So it's not the technology, it's the enforcement of the law.