bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:32 am

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
christ folks, this is sad to see

it's weird she'd post and stand by such drivel yet wants to play a character claimed to be gay. maybe to drive home her idea that being gay is just an act? lmao

Not only that but she works in a field where many if not most of the men are openly gay. Did she really think she could announce homophobic declarations like that publicly on Facebook for the world to hear and people would still want to work with her? Let’s be clear: it’s not like she was overheard in a private conversation, she made this public declaration on Facebook for others to read. It’s no different than if she posted about Jews being a crime against God

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:27 am

Before we get too high on a Justin-like, phoney high-horse of phoney virtue what was so horrible about what she said or what her view is on homosexuality?

$1:
In a discussion about homosexuality, she had written: ‘It is clearly evident in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 what the Bible says on this matter. I do not believe you can be born gay and I do not believe homosexuality is right…’

Ms Omooba is adamant she is not homophobic.

She said: ‘I just quoted what the Bible says about homosexuality, the need for repentance, but ultimately God’s love for all humanity. I stand by what I wrote, but had I known that it would have come to this, I would have set my account to the privacy mode.’

‘I have support from actors that I’ve worked with, including those in same-sex relationships, who say that even though they don’t agree with my views, they know that I’m not hateful or malicious.’

There's no hate there.

There is in Linda Sarsour. Why don't you cancel culture guys cancel the hate under that hijab if it's religion born hate you actually care about.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:50 pm

if you insist it's some lifestyle choice created by CNN or whatever, that folks should burn for a thousand years for unless they grovel to sky dude... it's kinda homophobic lol

at the very least, if you're gunna work in a field full of the heathen gays... shut up about it?

it's like talking about mao with your landlord :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:12 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Thanos Thanos:
cancel culture is indeed shit btw

How to save the world? Well, it's pretty much impossible. How to make it a bit more tolerable in the short term though? Get rid of Twitter. Get rid of Facebook. Get rid of all the platforms that are causing this insanity.

Best idea yet. R=UP

Anonymity is the scourge of a decent society and we're living it's destructive nature through all those social media sites.

Agree. Time to deep-six the so called Social Media sites.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:19 pm

if you insist it's some lifestyle choice created by CNN or whatever, that folks should burn for a thousand years for unless they grovel to sky dude... it's kinda homophobic lol

Except that isn't what she said and it isn't what I said.

One more time then, this is what she said:

$1:
She said: ‘I just quoted what the Bible says about homosexuality, the need for repentance, but ultimately God’s love for all humanity. I stand by what I wrote, but had I known that it would have come to this, I would have set my account to the privacy mode.’

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:28 pm

The woke are like the psycho alien-demon kids from Village Of The Damned. Around them you have to hide your thoughts, keep your mouth shut, and walk around with a big "please don't hurt me" grin on your face so as to not piss them off. Or they'll get ya! 8O

What a pack of wretched puritan assholes they are. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:48 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:

Except that isn't what she said and it isn't what I said.

One more time then, this is what she said:

$1:

No, that's what she said about what she said...

Here's what she said: "It is clearly evident in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 what the Bible says on this matter. I do not believe you can be born gay and I do not believe homosexuality is right…"

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 New International Version (NIV)

(9) Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men (10) nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. (11) And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

So exactly what I said. Being gay is some choice, and they'll burn in hell unless they beg forgiveness from sky daddy.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:51 pm

$1:
(11) And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Catholicism 101 - repent before you die, get a baptismal, and all is essentially forgiven no matter how much of a vicious twat you were for most of your life. Ah, the wonders of the good ol' get-out-of-hell-easy card :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:11 pm

Thanos Thanos:
The woke are like the psycho alien-demon kids from Village Of The Damned. Around them you have to hide your thoughts, keep your mouth shut, and walk around with a big "please don't hurt me" grin on your face so as to not piss them off. Or they'll get ya! 8O

What a pack of wretched puritan assholes they are. :lol:

There should be disincentives to being an asshole. Losing your job and what not, that's pretty dirty. But if you think blacks are inferior because of some Mormon verse then, I mean, fuck you? Either stop thinking that dumb arrogant shit or, yes, can it!

And while the practice of sifting through someone's shit from 5+ years ago is fucked, it brings us occassional gems like shoe polish trudeau. It has always baffled me that arrogant speech is supposed to be untouched. Free speech means no rebuttles, no disagreements, no responsibility.

I will agree that her job loss is definitely reliant on the cowards around her, because this is pretty much nothing. I dunno who she is, what her character or the show is, etc. and none of it affects me at all. All this attention is brief. It'll be forgotten in a week. Yet the woke corporate dumbasses around her dropped her like hot shit. They didn't need to but perhaps they saw a chance at a few extra bucks by throwing her under the bus. Her insistence that that 2014 tweet is indeed her current emphatical stance on the issue probably was the real final nail in the coffin. She had a choice and decided on sticking to her principles. Now she can pine to the papers about being a martyr. Maybe she's not doomed after all.

There's been a resurgence in reactionary film productions, maybe she can still nab a spot in "No Safe Spaces"?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:56 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Conveniently you left out the fact that it was a HOMOPHOBIC Facebook post.

Right. Because freedom of speech only protects the speech you like. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:16 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Before we get too high on a Justin-like, phoney high-horse of phoney virtue what was so horrible about what she said or what her view is on homosexuality?

$1:
In a discussion about homosexuality, she had written: ‘It is clearly evident in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 what the Bible says on this matter. I do not believe you can be born gay and I do not believe homosexuality is right…’

Ms Omooba is adamant she is not homophobic.

‘I have support from actors that I’ve worked with, including those in same-sex relationships, who say that even though they don’t agree with my views, they know that I’m not hateful or malicious.’

There's no hate there.

There is in Linda Sarsour. Why don't you cancel culture guys cancel the hate under that hijab if it's religion born hate you actually care about.

I guess she doesn’t know what the word “quote” means because she quoted nothing.

Also nothing in the bible talks about whether a person is born gay or not.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:26 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Conveniently you left out the fact that it was a HOMOPHOBIC Facebook post.

Right. Because freedom of speech only protects the speech you like. :roll:

Huh? Did the government do something here? Thought this was a private business just doin' what they gotta do to protect their bottom line.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:31 am

Social media breeds anti-social behaviour. One of the many things that must go.

Dunno who leads Twitter but I definitely think if we're gonna have prison cells then Zuckerberg should be occupying one of them.

Agreed, as I am increasingly aware how social media makes me both antagonistic and miserable. It has gotten to the point to where I'm staying off Facebook for the rest of the month for the sake of preserving my sanity. If I don't miss it, I will make my hiatus more permanent.

As for Twitter... the person you're thinking of is Jack Dorsey.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:25 am

Here's what she said:

Actually it's not. There's some controversy as to what Jesus means by Hell or if he ever referenced it at all as you understand it. He appears to be talking about what happens after the rapture. The idea is, if you do repent through Christ and because God is merciful you move on to a higher state.

The clarification she gave later is more accurate and was offered to help the unbeliever understand.

Speaking for myself though, you personally are free to be thinking you'll be burning in some sort of eternal Commie hellfire if that's what you'd like to imagine. :wink: