Category: World
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2019-10-13 09:54:12

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:13 am

I'm having trouble understanding this one.

Apparently DW or Deutsche Welle is kind of a German funded CBC, BBC that serves Europe.

They might have Ilhan Omar writing this story for them because apparently "somebody did something."

I recognize the style from all the CBC articles I've read. Some facts are given. Some are omitted. Some commenter is found to lead the reader into a belief that all concerned share the commentor's opinion.

The only thing DW appears to have forgotten on this one was to bring in some clueless social "scientist" type and call him an expert. You'll have to learn that one if you ever want to move to Canada and get a job with the CBC, "Ilhan."

As I understand it though what they're trying to tell us is "Colonialism bad. Islam incidental."

I'm not sure that's correct in this case. I think there might be more to it. This is why Trump calls this kind of journalism "fake news."

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:23 am

Near as I can figure though there seems to be a lot of some kind of trouble spreading in the region.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:50 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
I'm having trouble understanding this one.

Apparently DW or Deutsche Welle is kind of a German funded CBC, BBC that serves Europe.

They might have Ilhan Omar writing this story for them because apparently "somebody did something."

I recognize the style from all the CBC articles I've read. Some facts are given. Some are omitted. Some commenter is found to lead the reader into a belief that all concerned share the commentor's opinion.

The only thing DW appears to have forgotten on this one was to bring in some clueless social "scientist" type and call him an expert. You'll have to learn that one if you ever want to move to Canada and get a job with the CBC, "Ilhan."

As I understand it though what they're trying to tell us is "Colonialism bad. Islam incidental."

I'm not sure that's correct in this case. I think there might be more to it. This is why Trump calls this kind of journalism "fake news."

What are you on about? The article was a brief factual account of the attack and the conflict in the region with no opinion or reference to colonialism at all. It seems like you once again see things that aren’t there.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:28 am

You got the facts then did you, Mister Factman?

Cool.

We learned gunmen stormed a mosque.

Very well, who were these "gunmen?" Why did they storm the mosque?

How would you know the answer from reading that article? They don't tell us.

Actually if we click one of the links in the article to read another article DW will give us a hint:

$1:
But in rural parts of the country's north, Christians, animists and moderate Muslims live in constant fear of attacks. Terrorists have also carried out serious attacks in the capital, killing dozens of people.

Hmmm...so who might be attacking Christians animists and "moderate Muslims" in the region? Apparently it's somebody they don't want to talk about in the parent article.

DW was able to find a march organizer (or so they tell us) in another city who tells us there is some sort of terrorism in the region although we have to guess what kind. But he seems to feel the real problem is western, colonial-type countries moving in to set up military bases in Africa on the pretext of stopping terrorism.

So is this guy telling us terrorism is the problem or is he saying colonial powers moving in on his African turf claiming they want to help stop terrorism are the problem?

All we know is DW seems to think this guy's opinion is pretty important, whoever he is.

Myself I might be more impressed if he was a little clearer on what his actual point was as far as it's supposed to pertain to the 16 people killed in the mosque in the small town of Salmossi.

But wait...DW buried the lede a la CBC. Apparently there are Jihadists in Burkina Faso.

Who would have guessed that from their previous expert's pointed finger at colonial military bases. Actually I did.

It's because I have access to media Beave will never read (so you know it's good.)

Would you like to see it? Here ya go. Here's what's really happening in Burkina Faso:

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/1494 ... rkina-faso

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:48 am

This was probably an attack by the Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) which kills Muslims who tolerate not just Christians but in particular the animists who live in the region.

The animists are pagan and are particularly hated by the devout Muslims and Muslims who tolerate these people are considered zindīq or reddah - which are varying degrees of heresy and under most Islamic law are punishable by death.