CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:45 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
PluggyRug PluggyRug:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:

Why would their appearance matter at all? Just goes to show conservatives’ continued disrespect of women

Conservatives like women, after all, we don't throw them under buses.

Then why does the CPC have the lowest number of women running of the major parties, why does it fund those women up to 8% less than men, and why does it run women in more battleground riding that it knows have little chance of winning?

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/info/2019/e ... ex-en.html

From your article...

Women also receive less money from their party and riding associations to fund their campaign. On average, across all parties, women received $35,838 in campaign funds compared to $40,162 for men, according to our analysis of financial filings submitted by candidates to Elections Canada.

Nice try from Liberal propaganda machine colloquially known as the CBC but you deflected into your own net.

We still don't throw them under buses.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:46 pm

Okay going to show my ignorance here is a " riding " Like a district in the States? Just not sure what a riding is and I've just gone with equating it with a district all these years

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:48 pm

$1:

Unless it's my Ex-wife then feel free do so repeatedly :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:54 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
PluggyRug PluggyRug:

Conservatives like women, after all, we don't throw them under buses.

Then why does the CPC have the lowest number of women running of the major parties, why does it fund those women up to 8% less than men, and why does it run women in more battleground riding that it knows have little chance of winning?

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/info/2019/e ... ex-en.html

From your article...

Women also receive less money from their party and riding associations to fund their campaign. On average, across all parties, women received $35,838 in campaign funds compared to $40,162 for men, according to our analysis of financial filings submitted by candidates to Elections Canada.

Nice try from Liberal propaganda machine colloquially known as the CBC but you deflected into your own net.

I didn't say only the CPC does it. They just to it best. They run women candidates in riding they can't win, with less funding than men, more often than the other parties do.

They throw them under the bus.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:56 pm

stratos stratos:
Okay going to show my ignorance here is a " riding " Like a district in the States? Just not sure what a riding is and I've just gone with equating it with a district all these years

Yes, basically the same. The difference is we don't keep certain statistics on the population, so we don't divide them up according to party membership, social class, income or anything else. Just based on population in the area.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:05 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Martin15 Martin15:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
So, instead of choosing candidates based on their possible performance or policies; we choose them based on the quality of work of their plastic surgeon

Got nice hair Trudy a majority government. :lol:

And what if her teeth aren't white enough? Not Prime Minister material? :lol:

There aren't too many guys that would be looking at her teeth.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:21 pm

GreenTiger GreenTiger:
There aren't too many guys that would be looking at her teeth.

Too close to her face.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:17 pm

I don't why I even bothered to read this thread. I have started, edited and deleted so many potential responses/posts that I think I may have set a new record for myself.

Most of the posts in this thread do illustrate however, why there are not more women in politics and why, regardless of the so-called progress, women are still not even close to being regarded and respected on the same level as men.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:02 am

Strutz Strutz:
Most of the posts in this thread do illustrate however, why there are not more women in politics and why, regardless of the so-called progress, women are still not even close to being regarded and respected on the same level as men.

R=UP

Exactly as Russia planned.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:22 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
stratos stratos:

Yes, basically the same. The difference is we don't keep certain statistics on the population, so we don't divide them up according to party membership, social class, income or anything else. Just based on population in the area.

Okay thanks I am sure I will have more questions. :)

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:24 am

I'm happy to answer them. [B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:26 am

Strutz Strutz:
I don't why I even bothered to read this thread. I have started, edited and deleted so many potential responses/posts that I think I may have set a new record for myself.

Most women are too nice to go into politics. :(

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:13 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
stratos stratos:

They also aren't typically as gerrymandered as they are in the States either. Most of them are just big polygons or whatnot that follow boundaries like roads and rivers (except for a handful in densely populated cities like Toronto):

https://www.elections.ca/content.aspx?s ... dex&lang=e