Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:03 am

$1:
Shouldn't the feds be reconvening early to end the strike? I always thought that CN Rail was considered an essential service. You'd think this would be a priority for a minority government that could use some brownie points.

I was / am thinking the same way. Shouldn't the Gov. step in and find a solution and or force an end to the strike.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:13 am

Thanos Thanos:
Won't mean a thing to any of them. :|

Doesn't have to. It is just the right thing to do, and we do it for that reason alone.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:14 am

Supposed to be a tentative agreement in the works.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/tentati ... -1.4702531

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:17 am

stratos stratos:
$1:
Shouldn't the feds be reconvening early to end the strike? I always thought that CN Rail was considered an essential service. You'd think this would be a priority for a minority government that could use some brownie points.

I was / am thinking the same way. Shouldn't the Gov. step in and find a solution and or force an end to the strike.

Why? Business has a right to negotiate, and workers have a right to unionize without government interference.

Shouldn't we let Capitalism solve the problem?

ROTFL [laughat]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:34 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Thanos Thanos:
Won't mean a thing to any of them. :|

Doesn't have to. It is just the right thing to do, and we do it for that reason alone.

Just don't expect any quid pro quo. Or even a basic thank you. The Laurentians don't do that, ever, because the ubers that win all the time never have to with the unters.

Nice guys finish last. Remember that.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:42 am

So let's stop being nice. :twisted:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:39 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
So let's stop being nice. :twisted:

Can't. It's our natural default setting, even when it means we'll just get another boot to the face from our superiors and betters. We don't have that American way of thinking, that taking crap off of others is intolerable.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:12 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
stratos stratos:
$1:

Why? Business has a right to negotiate, and workers have a right to unionize without government interference.

Shouldn't we let Capitalism solve the problem?

ROTFL [laughat]

You heard it from the left let the people freeze Govt. should not protect it's citizens not insure the public safety. Left wants NO Government over site or support.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:21 pm

stratos stratos:
You heard it from the left let the people freeze Govt. should not protect it's citizens not insure the public safety. Left wants NO Government over site or support.

Libertarians like me always want less government interference in our lives. Problem is, that if Business isn't well regulated, they take over our lives just the same. There has to be a good balance of 'sell me things I need', 'regulate things fairly', and 'stay away from me'.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:23 pm

stratos stratos:

?????

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:42 pm

fifeboy fifeboy:
stratos stratos:

?????

You do know it's at an emergency point. People in hospitals and nursing homes will run out of propane.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:34 pm

stratos stratos:
fifeboy fifeboy:
stratos stratos:

?????

You do know it's at an emergency point. People in hospitals and nursing homes will run out of propane.

That's why an Alberta company is sending a trainload of Propane.

And it was Martin musing about letting them freeze in the dark . . .

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:12 pm

I concur with Dr. Caleb that the railroad and the workers need to sort this out on their own.

Also, while I support the right of the workers to unionize I also adamantly support the right of workers not to be forced into a union in order to get a job. :idea: