bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:55 pm

Would've worked perfect for that commercial. Guy would've never even thought that way. Not unless she told him "I thought you were getting fat as a pig and needed this".
Ask any woman, subtlety doesn't work on men.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:33 pm

Ryan Reynold's gin company spoofed the Peloton ad (same actress who is no longer wearing a wedding ring) and it's gone viral:

:lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:35 pm

herbie herbie:
Would've worked perfect for that commercial. Guy would've never even thought that way. Not unless she told him "I thought you were getting fat as a pig and needed this".
Ask any woman, subtlety doesn't work on men.

R=UP

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:45 pm

It's nowhere near as bad as the shriekers would have you believe. I can see where they're coming from, but they're making an Everest out of a molehill; as usual.

But the Aviation Gin ad was damned brilliant.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:39 am

xerxes xerxes:
It's nowhere near as bad as the shriekers would have you believe. I can see where they're coming from, but they're making an Everest out of a molehill; as usual.

But the Aviation Gin ad was damned brilliant.

Caving in to the scolds and shriekers is dangerous. In the 1890's no one thought too much of the anti-alcohol temperance hags & harridans. Then thirty years later they'd successfully pushed Prohibition through and nothing but disaster followed in the wake of their victory with the explosion of organized crime that supplied illegal liquor and also the lack of tax revenue from legal alcohol sales that the government could have desperately used during the Depression.

Bill Maher keeps saying that giving into the Twitter mob is the worst thing that is happening. One, there's actually only a very small amount of people using Twitter at any given time. And, two, most of the posts are made by the same 20% of users. That means corporations and government (and the Democratic party too) are caving in over and over and over again to a really tiny minority of whiners. Decisions and policies that affect everyone else are being shaped thanks to the surrender of authority figures to whatever pack of anonymous assholes are "trending" at any given moment.

Has to stop someday. And watch them go after Ryan Reynolds now for interfering in their ritual crucifixion of the Peloton people. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:50 am

Is Reynolds going after their “crucifiction”? By mocking the commercial he seems to be on the side of the critics not Peloton.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:05 pm

If I had money, I’d have bought Peloton after that silly dive. Let’s see if I can be trusted with a fortune.