canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:19 am

Title: Indigenous grandfather and 12-year-old handcuffed in front of Vancouver bank after trying to open an account
Category: Law & Order
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2020-01-09 07:55:34
Canadian

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:19 am

Brutal.

Go see the local credit union...

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:25 am

The Question: Why are retail bankers insanely paranoid?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:32 am

Robair Robair:
Brutal.

This isn't just a banking thing. All you have to do is listen to 2018 Massey Lectures by Tanya Talaga to realize how systemic the racism towards First Nations is in our system. Things like; the feds are ordered by courts to provide counseling services on reserve. So they implement a policy to provide counseling services, in structures built for medical and mental services, in order to comply with the court order. But most reserves have no such space, and the feds will not allocate money to build such spaces. So, the policy is basically useless.

This guy and his granddaughter are just a symptom of a system biased against them.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:34 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Robair Robair:
Brutal.

This isn't just a banking thing...

I know, my post was a little tongue in cheek.

Feeling cheeky today.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:35 am

I underconstumble. ;)

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:33 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Robair Robair:
Brutal.

This isn't just a banking thing. All you have to do is listen to 2018 Massey Lectures by Tanya Talaga to realize how systemic the racism towards First Nations is in our system. Things like; the feds are ordered by courts to provide counseling services on reserve. So they implement a policy to provide counseling services, in structures built for medical and mental services, in order to comply with the court order. But most reserves have no such space, and the feds will not allocate money to build such spaces. So, the policy is basically useless.

This guy and his granddaughter are just a symptom of a system biased against them.

R=UP

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:00 pm

Who knows. I don't know the inner workings of the employee or police's minds. Crying racism at that is crazy to me. I'm whiter than white, and I got detained by the bank's security guard for trying to make a withdrawal with my student ID because I didn't have my wallet with me. They said my signature was wrong, and my name was spelled wrong (which it was on the student ID). Banks watch out for fraud, period. This teller may have been racist, but none of us know that.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:44 pm

$1:
The Vancouver Police Department corroborated Johnson's account of what happened. Spokesperson Sgt. Aaron Roed said VPD officers detained them after claims from BMO that he and his granddaughter were committing a "possible fraud" that was in progress and identified the two as suspects.

"It was determined that there was no criminal activity and no fraudulent transactions," the spokesperson said. Both were released within the hour and, according to Johnson the officers apologized.

Fucking retarded cops arrested (not 'detained') these two with no proof of wrongdoing.

Just another example of low IQ droolers getting excited at the prospect of getting to arrest someone.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:56 pm

This is wrong on so many levels.

As everyone on here knows, I'm no fan of the whiny native or their champions demanding everything while ignoring the needs of the rest of the country. But, there are one hell of alot more "decent" native people than whiners and most are just trying to get by without rocking the boat like the rest of us.

And yet, people keep saying we want these people to "integrate" into society so they can get ahead and off the dole but, as soon as one of them tries to do just that and teach their grand children a life lesson in the process the assholes of the world step in and ensure that their experience with our society is nothing but a giant fucking negative. A fact which does nothing but give even more ammunition to the "whiny native" to continue disparaging the rest of us and unfortunately in this case they're right.

Last edited by Freakinoldguy on Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:13 pm

I'm not a big fan of Canadian natives either, but no one deserves to be treated like this and I mean no one.