CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9473
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:17 am
 


DrCaleb wrote:
JaredMilne wrote:
He was the same political wizard who couldn't win the old PC leadership without David Orchard's help, he used emergency rescue vehicles as a goddamn taxi service, and as Justice Minister he kept getting his bills trashed by the courts.


I'm amazed that the people who vilify Trudeau for taking a chopper to the Agha Khan's island forget MacKay using SAR helos to pick him up from vacation.

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2020/01/pe ... elicopter/


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8543
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:02 pm
 


Freakinoldguy wrote:
fifeboy wrote:
Freakinoldguy wrote:
. Because, having another Progressive Conservative Tory vice a CPC Tory likely won't do much to salve the wounds Trudeau has inflicted on Saskatchewan.

What wounds are you talking about?


The wounds you get when you've been pissed on and missed but shit on and hit. Trudeau is Anti oil, Anti Alberta and dividing Canada at the core level to achieve his own personal political ends. His handling of the pipelines has shown a complete disregard for not only Alberta and Saskatchewan but for all of Canada who would benefit from the monies these projects would have created.

https://edmontonsun.com/opinion/columni ... ti-alberta

So when the PM of a country allows one or more provinces to be economically disadvantaged while allowing others a windfall, that they don't deserve but get because of personal favouritism it creates very large wounds. Wounds just like his father created with the National Energy Program. But at least his father believed we were all Canadians. Unfortunately for us, Trudeau the Lesser only thinks of us in terms of small fragmented Canadian tribes.

We're all Canadians to Trudeau to him we're all different Canadians. Western Canadians, Eastern Canadians, Muslim Canadians, White Canadians, female Canadians, male Canadians, Native Canadians, etc, etc, etc. And, all this is designed to keep us separated because even when our PM says we're Canadians, what he means is that we're all different which makes it much easier for him to keep us separated and that way he can keep conjuring up the boogeyman conservatives as the real enemy of your tribe.

So, the wounds of his purposely mishandling the pipelines and catering to special interest groups while watching thousands of people lose their jobs in the patch while doing nothing is creating wounds that won't be healed in his lifetime.

Let the FOG of hate lift from your mind guy. All you have given me is a list of WEXIT talking points. Trudeau this and Trudeau that. Apart from the fact the wee laddie has put more effort into one pipeline being built in his first term than we saw for the previous eleven years, what has he really done? He even lost support from his base by supporting said pipeline.
And just as an after thought... wouldn't we already have pipelines to the east if Bigga Bigga Daddy's NEP had gone through? Just ask'n for a friend.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 14554
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:56 pm
 


fifeboy wrote:

Let the FOG of hate lift from your mind guy. All you have given me is a list of WEXIT talking points. Trudeau this and Trudeau that. Apart from the fact the wee laddie has put more effort into one pipeline being built in his first term than we saw for the previous eleven years, what has he really done? He even lost support from his base by supporting said pipeline.
And just as an after thought... wouldn't we already have pipelines to the east if Bigga Bigga Daddy's NEP had gone through? Just ask'n for a friend.


Sorry but, I'll only start listening to your advice if and when Trudeau the lesser stops playing tribal politics with Canadians and builds at least one pipeline. Until then it's all deflection from the fact that Trudeau and the SCoC have cost Alberta more jobs during his tenure than any other province in the country. Harper may not have gotten it built either but at least he laid the groundwork and was actively working towards it being built.

Trudeau has listened to and acted on EVERY complaint put forward by the BC NDP, the BC Greens, the Natives and anyone else who wants the pipeline stopped. But the people he hasn't listened to are the people of Alberta and Saskatchewan who are now unemployed because of his indecision and catering to anti pipeline people. FFS the guy even bought a pipeline from Kinder Morgan for more than it was worth so he could make it look like he was going to push it through. Unfortunately for us that was just more smoke and mirrors from the PM's office. Now we have a pipeline that will never be twinned and are stuck with one that sends all our oil to the US for refining.

What's really annoying is the fact that everytime the gov't follows the rules and gets approval to build a pipeline another special interest group like the "hereditary chiefs" pops up, moves the goal posts and sits back to watch Trudeau go into his stammering placating mode which basically stops the pipelines dead in it's tracks.

So, at some point Mr. Trudeau's going to have to either stop catering to these well paid protest groups or grow a pair, come out and admit that despite the built in excuses these above mentioned special interest groups have afforded him he and Gerald Butts don't really want any pipelines built. And that's what's really rankling people.

And, if Wexit's talking points and complaints shouldn't be considered wounds then you're missing their point all together. So, until the pipelines are built and people in Western Canada start working again, my hate for Trudeau and his divide and conquer tactics will remain.


Last edited by Freakinoldguy on Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 11850
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:52 pm
 


fifeboy wrote:


Let the FOG of hate lift from your mind guy. All you have given me is a list of WEXIT talking points. Trudeau this and Trudeau that. Apart from the fact the wee laddie has put more effort into one pipeline being built in his first term than we saw for the previous eleven years, what has he really done? He even lost support from his base by supporting said pipeline.
And just as an after thought... wouldn't we already have pipelines to the east if Bigga Bigga Daddy's NEP had gone through? Just ask'n for a friend.


So... bills C-69 & C-71 are just imaginary?


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8543
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:48 pm
 


Freakinoldguy wrote:
fifeboy wrote:

Let the FOG of hate lift from your mind guy. All you have given me is a list of WEXIT talking points. Trudeau this and Trudeau that. Apart from the fact the wee laddie has put more effort into one pipeline being built in his first term than we saw for the previous eleven years, what has he really done? He even lost support from his base by supporting said pipeline.
And just as an after thought... wouldn't we already have pipelines to the east if Bigga Bigga Daddy's NEP had gone through? Just ask'n for a friend.


Sorry but, I'll only start listening to your advice if and when Trudeau the lesser stops playing tribal with politics with Canadians and builds at least one pipeline. Until then it's all deflection from the fact that Trudeau and the SCoC have cost Alberta more jobs during his tenure than any other province in the country. Harper may not have gotten it built either but at least he laid the groundwork and was actively working towards it being built.

Trudeau has listened to and acted on EVERY complaint put forward by the BC NDP, the BC Greens, the Natives and anyone else who wants the pipeline stopped. But the people he hasn't listened to are the people of Alberta and Saskatchewan who are now unemployed because of his indecision and catering to anti pipeline people. FFS the guy even bought a pipeline from Kinder Morgan for more than it was worth so he could make it look like he was going to push it through. Unfortunately for us that was just more smoke and mirrors from the PM's office. Now we have a pipeline that will never be twinned and are stuck with one that sends all our oil to the US for refining.

What's really annoying is the fact that everytime the gov't follows the rules and gets approval to build a pipeline another special interest group like the "hereditary chiefs" pops up, moves the goal posts and sits back to watch Trudeau go into his stammering placating mode which basically stops the pipelines dead in it's tracks.

So, at some point Mr. Trudeau's going to have to either stop catering to these well paid protest groups or grow a pair, come out and admit that despite the built in excuses these above mentioned special interest groups have afforded him he and Gerald Butts don't really want any pipelines built. And that's what's really rankling people.

And, if Wexit's talking points and complaints shouldn't be considered wounds then you're missing their point all together. So, until the pipelines are built and people in Western Canada start working again, my hate for Trudeau and his divide and conquer tactics will remain.

Tribal politics? You mean like Steve telling the Atlantic provinces they have a welfare mentality?
Jobs??? Saskatchewan (which is what I spoke of in my post) has the third lowest unemployment rate in the country.) What???... not good enough for you :wink:

Antipipeline people? you do realize these people, rightly or wrongly, appear to make up a majority of Canadians. Go figure.

Natives, greens, reds, blues etc, blocking the building of pipe??? Actually, its the courts that dun it. Do you expect the government of Canada to go against a court ruling? Breaking news... Supreme Court dismisses B.C's bid to save bill blocking TM project :!: Only Native land claims now. NEP :lol:

Wexit talking points? These guys are as whiny as gays complaining not enough people show up for a pride parade. Their real desire is to leave the country and join the USA where they think they will finally be free. Fuck them!

And it all goes to I hate Trudeau because of the NEP! Oh and papa T gave poor old us the finger. Billy Smith gave me the finger back in fifth grade. I don't still hate him.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8543
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:30 pm
 


PluggyRug wrote:
fifeboy wrote:


Let the FOG of hate lift from your mind guy. All you have given me is a list of WEXIT talking points. Trudeau this and Trudeau that. Apart from the fact the wee laddie has put more effort into one pipeline being built in his first term than we saw for the previous eleven years, what has he really done? He even lost support from his base by supporting said pipeline.
And just as an after thought... wouldn't we already have pipelines to the east if Bigga Bigga Daddy's NEP had gone through? Just ask'n for a friend.


So... bills C-69 & C-71 are just imaginary?

C-69
Yeah, probably best to not look into environmental impacts of projects. Wouldn't want that eh.


C-71??? Changes to firearms legislation??? Doesn't this affect EVERYONE in Canada, not just people in Almighty Alberta and Saskatchewan??? Oh, yes, and I don't need to be reminded that shot from your duck gun won't get as far as Toronto.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9850
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:42 pm
 


You're arguing against a bunch of righties who want the PM to snap his fingers and do things like old Trump does in the USA.
Snap! Gut Encironment Canada and fuck all the Greenies.
Snap! Tromp on any Native who objects to anything.

Peter MacKay is not going to build shit if the Court rules it to stop. He's gonna appoint Judges that know law, not because they have "conservative" views. He's gonna stomp on any MP who even brings up the abortion issue. And he isn't going to expand oil production and pipeline construction projects.
Got it? He might hand out federal cash to replace coal with gas fired power plants but he can't make oil boom again. It's 2020 the switch from oil is already underway, it's not going to go backwards.


Online
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 30036
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:00 pm
 


Or MacKay or whichever other Tory wins the leadership might ameliorate the incoming changes so that they aren't unduly harsh. And that were made harsh in a manner that was purposely designed to excessively punish an industry the Liberals and other assorted left-wingers don't particularly like. And also done to specifically punish a region of the country that particular segment of the political culture has always had bottomless contempt for. Still waiting BTW for that carbon tax of a $5000 per car built in Ontario and of $1 million per plane built by Bombardier to be instituted by a Liberal government. Won't happen you say, because it might harm too many jobs that are located in the more important/advantageous part of the country? Well, isn't that special.... :roll:


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1552
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:36 pm
 


uwish wrote:
the next PM right there..
... I will bet you 100$ that you are wrong.



xerxes wrote:
Talk about a blast from the past. Who’s next, Stockwell Day, Preston Manning even?
Yeah, like we need to be reminded of when we were young and stupid enough to believe these clowns were real.



DrCaleb wrote:
JaredMilne wrote:
He was the same political wizard who couldn't win the old PC leadership without David Orchard's help, he used emergency rescue vehicles as a goddamn taxi service, and as Justice Minister he kept getting his bills trashed by the courts.
I'm amazed that the people who vilify Trudeau for taking a chopper to the Agha Khan's island forget MacKay using SAR helos to pick him up from vacation.
Both of them were set up.



herbie wrote:
It's 2020 the switch from oil is already underway, it's not going to go backwards.
Keep the jokes coming!


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9850
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:52 pm
 


There might soon be a carbon tax on new vehicles. Already happening in Europe. The tax you pay purchasing and licensing each year is based on its fuel consumption.
Maybe you could persuade Elon to open a Kei car factory in Red Deer or something...


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8119
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:49 am
 


I know he's a lawyer, that alone makes him 1,000 times better than Scheer, who never really accomplished anything before being elected leader of the Conservative party.

I know he likes to take military choppers on vacation, and he has a really young smoking hot wife. Not familiar with his political record / achievements but I'm sure this is an improvement over Scheer.


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1176
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:13 pm
 


Robair wrote:
but I'm sure this is an improvement over Scheer.



Anything will be an improvement over Scheer.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 14554
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:53 pm
 


herbie wrote:
There might soon be a carbon tax on new vehicles. Already happening in Europe. The tax you pay purchasing and licensing each year is based on its fuel consumption.


We already have a Carbon Tax based on fuel consumption. The more fuel you use the more you pay in Carbon Taxes and it must be working because it's colder than hell outside. :roll:


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 11850
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:57 pm
 


fifeboy wrote:
PluggyRug wrote:
fifeboy wrote:


Let the FOG of hate lift from your mind guy. All you have given me is a list of WEXIT talking points. Trudeau this and Trudeau that. Apart from the fact the wee laddie has put more effort into one pipeline being built in his first term than we saw for the previous eleven years, what has he really done? He even lost support from his base by supporting said pipeline.
And just as an after thought... wouldn't we already have pipelines to the east if Bigga Bigga Daddy's NEP had gone through? Just ask'n for a friend.


So... bills C-69 & C-71 are just imaginary?

C-69
Yeah, probably best to not look into environmental impacts of projects. Wouldn't want that eh.


C-71??? Changes to firearms legislation??? Doesn't this affect EVERYONE in Canada, not just people in Almighty Alberta and Saskatchewan??? Oh, yes, and I don't need to be reminded that shot from your duck gun won't get as far as Toronto.


Sorry meant C-48 and C-69. C-71 is also a dumb move and you wonder why our lying PM comes under so much criticism.

More on the 69 stupidity....
https://business.financialpost.com/dian ... stops-cold


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 30804
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:46 pm
 


Write a politician's name on a piece of paper
Repeat for every politician
Put all the names in a hat
Pick one

Same difference...


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.