canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:54 am

Title: Recommendation to replace higher-educated nurses with cheaper staff could backfire, nurses warn
Category: Health
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2020-02-05 06:06:41
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:54 am

I am so glad the UCP are keeping their election promise not to touch health care. Remember them whinging when the NDP implemented a Carbon levy, claiming it wasn't a campaign promise?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:12 am

All I can say here is:" who is it who actually looks after you when you are sick?" When I was in hospital two years ago I probably saw my doctor a total of five minutes. There was always a nurse close by. Thank God for nurses.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:19 am

fifeboy fifeboy:
All I can say here is:" who is it who actually looks after you when you are sick?" When I was in hospital two years ago I probably saw my doctor a total of five minutes. There was always a nurse close by. Thank God for nurses.

Damn straight! [B-o]

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:29 am

$1:
Nursing experts say some cost-saving recommendations put forward in an external review of Alberta Health Services released Monday could lead to worse patient outcomes.

AHS is obviously one of those private health care companies that puts profits ahead of people. 8)

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:32 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
$1:
Nursing experts say some cost-saving recommendations put forward in an external review of Alberta Health Services released Monday could lead to worse patient outcomes.

AHS is obviously one of those private health care companies that puts profits ahead of people. 8)

Actually, it's the UCP's recommendations from the panel it hand picked for the desired outcome, that includes such terminology as 'alternate care delivery' - Conservativese for 'privatization'.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:01 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
$1:

The conservatives running it and pushing for this change clearly wish it was. That’s kinda the whole point here.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:13 pm

Looks like AB is in for another era of "you get what you pay for". Between the final collapse of oil, especially our worn-out conventional reserves, and the worst government we've ever elected doing what they can to wreck what's still standing, this is going to be a place to get away from very soon.

I've never before seen in my entire life the complete collapse of so many good things in so short a period of time. :|